PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

Don2712
Nov-04-2014, 20:44
I'm getting into this now and having a lot of fun learning so thought I'd try an easy dogfight allies advantaged in a quick play scenario I'm in a hurricane but, other hurricanes are passing me like I'm standing still and I can't catch up with them or the enemy whatever I try, I assume that I'm doing something very wrong but, no idea what.

Secondly, I've lost my information window and can't find a way to get it back.

ATAG_Freya
Nov-04-2014, 21:20
Hi Don,
The AI in single player mode fly faster because they are programmed to fly -perfectly- (tough to explain - its trim and engine management etc). Also check this out about windows, you must have closed on somehow, but it's good to know how to set them up.. http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=info_windows

Best of luck!

ATAG_Colander
Nov-04-2014, 21:39
I'm no hurri expert but you might need to play with the prop pitch to gain more speed.

Don2712
Nov-04-2014, 22:10
Hi Don,
The AI in single player mode fly faster because they are programmed to fly -perfectly- (tough to explain - its trim and engine management etc). Also check this out about windows, you must have closed on somehow, but it's good to know how to set them up.. http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=info_windows

Best of luck!

Thanks for the links I'm going to get on this now

Baffin
Nov-05-2014, 09:26
I'm getting into this now and having a lot of fun learning so thought I'd try an easy dogfight allies advantaged in a quick play scenario I'm in a hurricane but, other hurricanes are passing me like I'm standing still and I can't catch up with them or the enemy whatever I try, I assume that I'm doing something very wrong but, no idea what.

Secondly, I've lost my information window and can't find a way to get it back.

Welcome to CLoD! It sounds to me as if your landing gear are still extended. In the Hurricane, it requires two activations of the control key or button to activate the gear and / or flaps. The graphics for this is in front of your right knee. Watch the handle go into the center position after one activation. :lecture: