PDA

View Full Version : When I first saw the newATAG "Visual Damage" vid I was all excited because...

Blitzen
Nov-08-2014, 10:26
...it seemed to show the rearview mirrors actually working and they were awsome , but reading the small print told me that they had been enhanced for the video...but still it shows what might happen some day & is a good vid to wet one's whistle over up coming fine tuning of damages.
Take a look::salute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4t8IO23uQ

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-08-2014, 10:41
HECK! I'm more amazed that his mirror actually worked ..... Mine is always garbly gook .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4t8IO23uQ

SorcererDave
Nov-08-2014, 11:43
Has any progress been made on fixing the mirrors, or is it a hardcoded glitch? Not having them is a pretty big handicap in the Hurricane.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-08-2014, 13:46
Has any progress been made on fixing the mirrors, or is it a hardcoded glitch? Not having them is a pretty big handicap in the Hurricane.

Not yet but I don't think it is as big a handicap as it might seem.
Personally I rarely sit on a hurri or spit dead 6. I'm usually falling from above or approaching from bellow the tail. In both cases, the mirror would not help.

SorcererDave
Nov-08-2014, 14:59
Not yet but I don't think it is as big a handicap as it might seem.
Personally I rarely sit on a hurri or spit dead 6. I'm usually falling from above or approaching from bellow the tail. In both cases, the mirror would not help.

I fly the Hurri almost exclusively, and I'd beg to differ. It's not simply your dead six that's obscured with the canopy closed. There's a blind spot of at least 45 degrees behind you which is mitigated with the mirror, especially since leaning around in the cockpit allows you to see more than just your dead six with the mirror.

Hurricane pilots in real life described the addition of a rear view mirror as "invaluable", so if you don't believe me, believe them.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-08-2014, 15:19
I fly the Hurri almost exclusively, and I'd beg to differ. It's not simply your dead six that's obscured with the canopy closed. There's a blind spot of at least 45 degrees behind you which is mitigated with the mirror, especially since leaning around in the cockpit allows you to see more than just your dead six with the mirror.

Hurricane pilots in real life described the addition of a rear view mirror as "invaluable", so if you don't believe me, believe them.

We would like to provide a fix for the Hurricane and Spitfire mirrors, but despite many, many hours of work, this bug has not been found.

At this point, our limited time is going into the creation of new maps and aircraft, perhaps in the future, when there is a break in between main releases, we will revisit this issue and try once again to identify the problem.

In the meantime, we ask the community to have some patience. :salute:

Dauntless
Nov-08-2014, 15:27
"The reflection in the mirror was added as a post process test, not in-game" from the text of the video. :P

ChiefRedCloud
Nov-08-2014, 15:55
We would like to provide a fix for the Hurricane and Spitfire mirrors, but despite many, many hours of work, this bug has not been found.

At this point, our limited time is going into the creation of new maps and aircraft, perhaps in the future, when there is a break in between main releases, we will revisit this issue and try once again to identify the problem.

We well understand .... please, don't sweat the small stuff ....... Thanks for all the hard work AND long hours ...

Chief

SorcererDave
Nov-08-2014, 16:01

Fair enough. I couldn't remember if it was a hardcoded thing or not. I'll just continue flying with my canopy open at 20,000 ft as a workaround. :P

Blitzen
Nov-11-2014, 12:17
I imagine if the mirror bug could be fixed it might be a mixed blessing.When it was first introduced way back in IL-2 it ate up FPS & as i recall caused me many an CTD.I can't remember why....:-P