PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Long Gun Registry is officially history!

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-05-2012, 17:43
As of 00:01 April 6th 2012 local time across the country, the Canadian Firearms Centre will begin to erase all the ownership data of Non-Restricted firearms (most rifles and shotguns) in Canada. This is a major win for firearms owners in Canada and is the first such bill to reduce firearms legislation in this country ever.

:hpyclp:

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-05-2012, 19:45

Catseye
Apr-05-2012, 21:05
Finally!
I don't feel like a criminal anymore....

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-05-2012, 21:26
The notion that the government isn't eyeballing my personal property is completely foreign; gonna take some getting used to. :Grin:

I should mention that Quebec did get a last minute injunction to continue the registry within Quebec only. So, our brothers in Quebec still have some waiting to do.

Dutch
Apr-05-2012, 22:57
Eh?

I have a catapult. It's made of real wood from a real tree. And has genuine knicker elastic.

Does that get a 'yaheey'?

:inq:

Catseye
Apr-05-2012, 23:14
Dutch,
That falls into the "Restricted Firearm" classification. Without the knicker elastic it would be OK.

Cats. . . .

Catseye
Apr-05-2012, 23:16
The notion that the government isn't eyeballing my personal property is completely foreign; gonna take some getting used to. :Grin:

I should mention that Quebec did get a last minute injunction to continue the registry within Quebec only. So, our brothers in Quebec still have some waiting to do.

This will be interesting: Provincial rights vs Federal rights. Supreme court here we come?

or . . . who owns the registry on provincial info portions. ...???
Should be a good one.

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-06-2012, 00:23
This will be interesting: Provincial rights vs Federal rights. Supreme court here we come?

or . . . who owns the registry on provincial info portions. ...???
Should be a good one.

I don't see them being able to enforce such a thing, our provincial borders don't have measures in place to keep people from attending a gun show in Ontario and bringing the firearm back with them.

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-06-2012, 09:43
Eh?

I have a catapult. It's made of real wood from a real tree. And has genuine knicker elastic.

Does that get a 'yaheey'?

:inq:

All I have is a crummy slingshot: which is illegal in Arizona

Doc
Apr-06-2012, 10:26
Nice

Old_Canuck
Apr-06-2012, 21:19
As of 00:01 April 6th 2012 local time across the country, the Canadian Firearms Centre will begin to erase all the ownership data of Non-Restricted firearms (most rifles and shotguns) in Canada. This is a major win for firearms owners in Canada and is the first such bill to reduce firearms legislation in this country ever.

This will slow down the agenda of the world ruling elite for a few years and it's no surprise that they have a strong influence in Quebec. :pouting:

The more I study history the more respect I have for the founding fathers of the U.S.A.. The right to bear arms is still a good deterrent against those who would drive us back to the dark ages but the patriot act ... sad ... sad :hiding: