PDA

View Full Version : BoS Update 1.004

hnbdgr
Nov-12-2014, 11:33
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12724-game-version-1004-discussion/

With the latest update, Freetrack/Ftnoir functionality has been broken for every user and TrackIR doesn't work for some steam users. The only workaround for freetrack users is opentrack and a particular way of starting it. I tried just now and it doesn't work for me so far. This just keeps getting better...

Marmus
Nov-12-2014, 11:50
The DCS community had to write their own work around for using FreeTrack in DCS World due to the Natural Point encryption thingy. Any chance it is similar? (I don't have BOS, so I have no clue).

Hood
Nov-12-2014, 13:49
Some enterprising chap will find a way to get around proprietary IP in most situations so there'll probably be a more simple fix out soon.

Hood

vranac
Nov-12-2014, 19:13
I know there is no much trouble about FT at the English forum because the most of the pilots are using TrackIR, but there is a 30 page rebellion on the Russian forums.

People just don't want to pay ~200$ for something that they had working already in BoS and in all other sims.
They were asking would they have to throw their custom made joysticks with mjoy controllers( excellent ones) in a few patches.

There was some harsh words from devs also and especially HAN spitting on that poor and sh#$ty ft software that he tried.
Something like he and Loft were speaking about Cliffs.

p.s. Loft said in one of the diary's that FT will work.

Mastiff
Nov-12-2014, 22:14
on a side note it wasn't 1CGAMES that had the problem, it was Natural Point, they forgot to put the IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad code in there games update, updater.
Since this morning it all works now, including the free track.

just relaunch the games profile updater and restart track ir.

hnbdgr
Nov-13-2014, 04:17
There seems to be a fix for opentrack now, thanks to coders from mother russia:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12748-freetrack-solutionfixworkaround/#entry199909