PDA

View Full Version : Blenheim shoots down 109 in turnfight!

Dutch
Apr-07-2012, 06:57
Dawn......The sun is just clear of the horizon. It looks like being another beautiful day ahead.

Flt Ltnt Tonka and me are about to cross the enemy coast, on our way to plaster Fritz' supply depot with some traditional British HE.

'Skipper! Fighters! 10 O'Clock!' said Brian, my observer.

Sure enough, tracer flashes by my nose as a few hits rattle and ping against the airframe.

I immediately turn into the direction of the attack, then reverse the turn to follow the dastardly Hun.

By the time my heavily laden Blen has made the the turn, the Hun has reversed his turn and is coming at me head on.

In total panic, I let rip with my one paltry .303. The 109 flashes past my nose.

'ATAG_Dutch murdered the pilot of a 109 E-whotsit'

'...................was killed', or words to that effect.

Jubilation!!

Man, I wish I'd had fraps running. I shall withold the name of the Jerry pilot concerned, but would like to offer him my thanks, as I now have a bar to my DFC.

S! :salute: :Grin:

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-07-2012, 10:07
Never underestimate the usefulness of the Blenheim. My opinion used correctly (as you did) anything can be possible.

Publish his name we need a good goggle :bgsmile:

Doc
Apr-07-2012, 10:26
Intel can only accept it as a victory only with anothers confirmation they saw it or guncam footage. We'll have to list this as damaged. :bgsmile:

Good job!!

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-07-2012, 10:58
Intel can only accept it as a victory only with anothers confirmation they saw it or guncam footage. We'll have to list this as damaged. :bgsmile:

Good job!!

I still havent been able to get FRAPS to work with TS notifier, BUT !! have been lucky enough to get screenshots

Tvrdi
Apr-07-2012, 12:53
Well it counts who is behind BF109s "wheel".....

congrats btw