PDA

View Full Version : Autopilot e bussola, help me

blackshark
Nov-16-2014, 04:35
volevo chiedervi qualche breve chiarimento sull'autopilot e bussola per i bombardieri tedeschi; sto cercando di capire alcuni concetti di base; magari dico qualche "cappellata" di cui chiedo venia in anticipo, ma vi sarei veramente molto grato per qualche spiegazione, in modo da poter apprezzare il simulatore fino in fondo :-) :

premesso che abbiamo 4 "componenti":
- il repeater compass
- il magnetic compass
- il directional gyro
- l'autopilot course

domande:
- la rotta che viene impostata/indicata sull'autopilot e che quindi seguirà poi l'aereo, è la rotta "magnetica" ? in altre parole è sincronizzata con il "magnetic compass" e non con il "repeater compass", è corretto ?
- il "directional gyro" quindi deve essere anche lui sincronizzato con il "magnetic compass" e non con il "repeater compass" è giusto?
- quindi il "repeater compass" è "repeater" di cosa ? se ho ben capito è il nord geografico ed è sempre sfasato (7 gradi ?) con il magnetico, ma è questa "rotta geografica" che viene sempre usata quando si comunicano le rotte tra piloti, giusto ?

sul sito della raafsquad ho trovato queste istruzioni ma mi serve il vostro "conforto" :-)
Autopilot Setup
1. Plot course on map. Convert grid bearing to magnetic bearing.
3. Adjust repeater compass to the bearing obtained in step one. -----> questo non mi è chiaro ... aiuto ...
4. Adjust the course autopilot preset to the bearing obtained in step one.
5. Note magnetic bearing on magnetic compass.
6. Adjust directional gyro so it reads the same as the magnetic compass.
7. Take-off, adjust trim of aircraft.
8. Fly to the first navigational mark at approximately the correct course. This could mean flying back over the departure airfield or prominent navigational mark nearby.
9. Adjust course autopilot mode to Course.
10. Always confirm your course by reading map to ground.
11. Occasionally check that the directional gyro bearing matches the magnetic compass

1lokos
Nov-16-2014, 10:58
- la rotta che viene impostata/indicata sull'autopilot e che quindi seguirà poi l'aereo, è la rotta "magnetica" ? in altre parole è sincronizzata con il "magnetic compass" e non con il "repeater compass", è corretto ?

The Briefing route - or map route - is the "True Course", since printed maps always point to the Real North (nord geografico), is not "rotta magnetica".

The (magnetic) Compass point for Magnetic North, subject to Magnetic Deviation ( 7~11º degree to left in Summer, 1940 for English Channel area).

The Repeater Compass (RC) is based in gyroscopic effect, not subject to magnetic deviation, but need time to stabilize after abrupt maneuvers.

- il "directional gyro" quindi deve essere anche lui sincronizzato con il "magnetic compass" e non con il "repeater compass" è giusto?

The Directional Gyro (DG) should by synchronized with Magnetic Compass, basically is used to correct the deviation of Magnetic Compass, by setting the magnetic reading plus/minus magnetic deviation.
If Magnetic Compass point for 280, set Directional Gyro 273 (-7) or 229 (-11).
The function of DG is show the reading of Magnetic Compass corrected with Magnetic Deviation adjusts, due this need be synchronized with Magnetic Compass time to time.

- quindi il "repeater compass" è "repeater" di cosa ?

Repeater Compass (RC) is called "repeater" because the dial in instrument panel repeat the information of "Gyroscopic" Compass installed in plane fuselage (http://www.airpages.ru/eng/img/abb5.jpg).

The RC used in Luftwaffe planes (Bf 110, He 111, Ju 88....) allow too set the desired course with his external scale (like the Course Setter on British P-8 (magnetic) Compass) by placing this direction at "12 o'clock".

se ho ben capito è il nord geografico ed è sempre sfasato (7 gradi ?) con il magnetico, ma è questa "rotta geografica" che viene sempre usata quando si comunicano le rotte tra piloti, giusto ?

The plotted routes on maps, informed to pilots by ground controllers, is always based on True North (nord geografico), thus is the "True Route" ("rotta geografica").
The pilot need adjust the onboard instruments readings accord the Magnetic Deviation for that year/place of Earth to stay in the "True Route".

Sokol1

kampf
Nov-16-2014, 14:59
Great explanation.
Thanks
Tuttavia esiste anche una Modalità semplificata, usata da molti giocatori, che, data la facilità con cui si disallinea il directional gyro in gioco, ha molto più senso. Si tratta di prendere la rotta da seguire, basandosi sulla bussola magnetica (meno il suddetto scarto di 7 - 11 gradi) impostare il directional giro su 0 gradi (360) e attivare l'autopilota che seguirà la rotta predefinita che è 0, perché si basa sulla lettura del gyro. A quel punto usare i comandi per regolare il dir. gyro invertiti per mantenere o variare la rotta. In pratica diminuendo il dg si vira a destra ed aumentando si vira a sinistra. Molto più semplice. Oltretutto è l'unico modo per sfruttare in maniera decente l'autopilota anche su Br20 e Blenheim, dato che questi ultimi non hanno l'indicatore di rotta per l'autopilota.
:salute:

blackshark
Nov-16-2014, 15:05
1 lokos, thank you very much

so, first: we Always start from the magnetic compass

second: with DG we transform the magnetic in geografic (-7°) because we need the "geografic data"

third: so the autopilot can be syncronized with the "geografic" (based of the DG)

fourth: the RC is not based on magnetic nor DG, but it should have the same heading of DG, right ?

one last question about the bombsight: to use the "bomsight automation", i do have to input the TAS and not what i see on my instruments (that is the IAS) right ? so i start from the IAS i see on my instruments and i have to calculate the TAS, is that right?

blackshark
Nov-16-2014, 15:06
grazie kampf, proverò anche la tua soluzione

1lokos
Nov-16-2014, 15:26
one last question about the bombsight: to use the "bomsight automation", i do have to input the TAS and not what i see on my instruments (that is the IAS) right ? so i start from the IAS i see on my instruments and i have to calculate the TAS, is that right?

Yes, read Compass, set DG, set RC, the Autopilot.

In He 111, Ju 88 is need use TAS on bombsight adjusts.

In game access the STEAM browser - hit "Shift+Tab" - the enter the address bellow (set then as default page in STEAM browser):

http://clodtools.weebly.com/

You will see STEAM browser over the game, like this:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2yoeuqw.jpg

Select ATAG_Colander's Bombing Utility to convert IAS to TAS.

Additional info about: http://www.italianwing.it/WIP/runcms/modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=489&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&finish_rel=-10000

72sq_Popale
Nov-17-2014, 05:16
Per quanto riguarda la velocità da impostare nel bombardamento livellato c'è da considerare che la dovrai sempre "aggiustare" una volta che avrai inserito lo sgancio automatico.

Se vedi che il mirino di puntamento scende rispetto al bersaglio dovrai diminuire la velocità impostata e la dovrai aumentare se il mirino si allontana. Questo aggiustamento è fondamentale.

Tieni altresì presente che normalmente mettendo la modalità 22 l'aereo tende a perdere quota incrementando anche di parecchio la velocità.

blackshark
Nov-18-2014, 15:02
thank you again 1lokos, grazie popale

one last question about compass: may you please tell me where i can find instructions "how to" about the tools i can use in the map on cod, i mean the tools to draw/calculate the heading/bearing/distance etc between two points/locations on a map ?

i am not able to use them and i would, maybe there is a tutorial on youtube or anywhere ?

1lokos
Nov-18-2014, 17:42
The use of "map tools" - pencil, eraser, ruler and protractor - is well explained in page 12 of this manual:

http://www.raafsquad.com/cliffs/ju88/JU-88A-1%20Tech%20Brief.pdf

The "map tools" drawback is allow put only one route line over the map - when you draw the second line the first disappears.

Sokol1

72sq_Popale
Nov-19-2014, 02:18
Ehm, io ho un goniometro trasparente,un righello, tabelle stampate con con conversioni di IAS->TAS a seconda della velocità e della quota, tabelle dei tempi/velocità, mappe stampate calcolatrice e matita.

In realtà su Cliff of Dover tutto questo serve poco perchè la mappa è unica :ind: le direzioni sono "quelle"; ogni tanto uso il goniometro mettendolo sul monitor mentre visualizzo la mappa :D

1lokos
Nov-20-2014, 12:54
http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/flight_school/general/basic_nav.php

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/flight_school/general/advanced_nav.php