PDA

View Full Version : Windows movie maker. Audio but no video in storyboard

bigj73nsb
Nov-20-2014, 04:14
Ok not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, but I'm giving it a shot anyway because I'm sure a few of you use this tool also. I also posted two more threads on same subject in 1 in Windows movie player forums and another in Toms Hardware, with no responses yet, so I'm gonna try you all for a shot at this...
Yes I am new to making movies with Windows Movie maker or any other movie maker software..
Ok my AVI videos play fine in all my media players, windows media and VLC. Also play fine in the Windows movie player collection board, but as soon as I move clips down to my storyboard, I get audio but no video
I am using Window 7 Premium 64bit, with NVIDIA 760 GTX graphics and Windows movie maker version 2.1.4026.0..
A little more detail on what I am attempting with Windows movie maker.. I am recording in game videos to make movies with the Windows movie maker, but having the issue above. The files I am downloading are in AVI format, not sure if that is the problem or not? That is why I'm here asking you fine folks..
If anybody is familiar with this same issue and has a fix for it, I would greatly appreciate your info....

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-20-2014, 04:59
This is probably because your recording software (Fraps, by any chance?) is recording the audio to a separate channel or file and it's not being carried across with the visual information.

There are audio settings in most screen-capture software you'll need to play with. Sometimes you might need to change to a differnt codec.

However, my suggestions;

1. Ditch Fraps. Use Shadowplay instead.
2. Use a multi-channel editing programme. My suggestion would be Movide-Edit Pro - which you can buy off steam.

bigj73nsb
Nov-20-2014, 05:08
Been using MSI Afterburner. I do have GeForce Experience though with Shadow play. But I have alot of video I would like to use though I recorder with Afterburner. Any good suggestions on good video converters I might be able to use??