PDA

View Full Version : any way to change date on posts?

hnbdgr
Nov-20-2014, 05:44
Hi,

I get confused by the american style M-D-Y on posts sometimes and I was wondering if there is an option I can change under settings somewhere so they would display D-M-Y for me...? If anyone knows how to do it please tell me.

Badger :salute:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-20-2014, 08:51
Apparently not "per user" so I changed it to list the month as short name instead.

hnbdgr
Nov-20-2014, 09:12
And that my friends is the single biggest contribution of honeybadger to this forum :) :) :)

thank you colander for moving the earth :salute:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-20-2014, 10:00
Not a problem. I too am used to day-month-year format although I see both on a daily basis so I got used to "translating" :)

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-20-2014, 10:03
Finally someone got it right for 90% users of calendar! Its like football and soccer debate, isnt it? :-P

JG4_sKylon
Nov-20-2014, 10:12
Now make the Brits use the metric system, measure temperature in °C and weight in Kilogramm and put their steering wheel to the left side :)

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-20-2014, 10:19
put their steering wheel to the left side :)

You mean on the right (correct) side ;)

ATAG_Colander
Nov-20-2014, 10:21
put their steering wheel to the left side :)

Judging by how some around the world people drive, this makes no difference whatsoever :)

ATAG_Slipstream
Nov-20-2014, 11:29
No Thanks,

Most of us still prefer imperial even though the government is gradually trying to force us to metric.

The steering wheel and driving side don't really bother me though, I can do both! :thumbsup:

Now make the Brits use the metric system, measure temperature in °C and weight in Kilogramm and put their steering wheel to the left side :)

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-20-2014, 11:34
No Thanks,

Most of us still prefer imperial

Come on Slipstream, join the rest of the world. Why you guys want to keep isolated on that island set? Get the Euro, get the metric system, get the wheel set to correct side and travel around the world without going on the wrong side on the roundabouts (most common accident when brits get a car abroad).

The only safe place you guys can drive is where? India and South Africa?

JG4_sKylon
Nov-20-2014, 11:40
I think the Japanese do it also wrong.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-20-2014, 11:52
I think the Japanese do it also wrong.

I think your right

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-20-2014, 12:09
Ah, you know how it is with those Weights & Measures guys: you give 'em an inch and they take a kilometre! :D

Baffin
Nov-24-2014, 10:37

Why would you insist that the British and Americans change to the Wrong way of doing things? You should get on board and join us! They should bring back Shillings, Tanners, and Ha'pneys just to confuse the enemy!

...And the Bobbies should stop everyone who's driving on the wrong side as a foreign spy!

...And the Imperial gallon holds more than a standard gallon, ergo greater MPG in England, Jolly Old!

... ♫ Engaland swings like a pendulum do...
:cheers:

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-24-2014, 11:26
...And the Imperial gallon holds more than a standard gallon

Gallons? Liters please.

This is a "imperial" in my country

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--ZxbMKnv7--/18k364my9b36vjpg.jpg

ATAG_Colander
Nov-24-2014, 11:39
That sounds like a Starwars unit of measure :)

ATAG_Slipstream
Nov-24-2014, 13:18
Gallons? Liters please.

This is a "imperial" in my country

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--ZxbMKnv7--/18k364my9b36vjpg.jpg

What would you prefer? A litre of beer or a gallon? :)

ATAG_Colander
Nov-24-2014, 13:19
What would you prefer? A litre of beer or a gallon? :)

The gallon is ok for those who like it hot but some of us like it cold anyway :)

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-24-2014, 13:41
The gallon is ok for those who like it hot but some of us like it cold anyway :)

this! ban hot beer!

ATAG_Slipstream
Nov-24-2014, 13:41

Hahaha! Now your talking real ale!

But no, I like a strong chilled beer straight from the tap, or bottle. I can't do any of that canned crap, you can taste the tin. Nor can I handle the "gnats pee" strength "lager" like carling or fosters.

Gimme a stella any day! pop the top and get drunk off the smell! yesssssssssssss! :)

ATAG_Jeepy
Nov-24-2014, 15:26
back to off topic..

Remember when still activ in the other life, and on approach down a narrow valley in BAD
norwegian weather..

Ground traffic crew asking how many Kilo we could take on next leg..
The "Fuel man" requested how many Liters uplift we wanted..
The Fuelgauges was in Pounds..
Then the ground traffic wanted this fuel in Kilos..
Five miles to missed approach with a airspeed indicator showing MPH..
-how long does that take with 140KTS..
Someone requesting landing time in GMT..

I ALWAYS use taxi when in the UK !
CHEERS
:alcohol:

ATAG_Snarglepuss
Dec-29-2014, 10:57
:)In my other life on a locomotive I was once told to "Go ahead and back up".:recon:

Once upon a time we struck an automobile that had been parked on the track
with a sleeping (it off ) man at the controls. He survived without injury but
his car was a total mess. He demanded to know why if we saw him parked there
we just didn't "go around":doh:

After a nasty derailment my sister-in-law wanted to know the cause.
I told her the power steering pump failed as we entered a curve in the track.:devilish:

JG27-Gaidin
Dec-29-2014, 17:07
Since someone brought up beer; I'd like to thank Ireland for their contribution to my drinking enjoyment! There is nothing better than a cold glass of Guinness! My mouth is watering as I think about it!