PDA

View Full Version : How place a Dashboard photo

spartan18a
Nov-21-2014, 15:46
How do you place a Dashboard photo in the cockpit? I just don´t find the way :goofy

I only found this:
* Pic of your loved one
This mod is turned off by default. To select a picture to use go to the folder [my documents]\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover -MOD\DashPics
Here you will find the following folders:
* Selected -the mod will use the pic named "1.tga" from this folder (PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THIS FOLDER EMPTY WITHOUT A "1.tga" FILE)
* Templates -some "stock" pictures. To use one, copy it to the "Selected" folder and rename it to "1.tga".
This folder also includes a photoshop template. If you do a coustom picture, please note that you need to edit the alpha layer as well (included in the template) and the picture MUST be in tga format.

But How do we TURN IT ON?

spartan18a
Nov-22-2014, 05:07
No answers???? Please, I really don't know how to turn it on. Please tell me. Please ....

Otyg
Nov-22-2014, 06:03
If you name it 1.tga it will show. You can only have one photo called 1.tga in the folder at a time.

spartan18a
Nov-22-2014, 06:38
Ok. I'll try today. Thanks. So renaming the file is the way to turn it on? I hope it works. [emoji12]

ATAG_Lewis
Nov-22-2014, 08:59
Theres whole threads on this in these forums with all thecdetails to putting any pic there you want.....Try using the search facility at the top right of thiscforum...Try ...Dash......or Dash pic....in there

Unfortunately Im away from my pc for a few days.....If you can wait until I get back pm me and I am sure I can find the link for you...

spartan18a
Nov-22-2014, 09:44
It works! The problem was that the 1.tga file is transparent by default and as soon as you replace it .... Works just fine.

A.P.Hill
Nov-22-2014, 16:34
Hi,
So, what happens if you >>>> (PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THIS FOLDER EMPTY WITHOUT A "1.tga" FILE)"<<<< ?
I removed the list of wingspans I had in there which were working fine, and may have left it empty. I think I replaced it with the original 1.tga which was black. When I put the 1.tga file I had been using back in, it didn't show up.
I must have messed something up.

Never mind, I figured it out. Cant believe I could be so dense! It works fine when placed it the "selected" folder! DOOOOOHH! a real Homer moment!

MACHETTTTTE
Jun-22-2015, 13:55
Hi,
So, what happens if you >>>> (PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THIS FOLDER EMPTY WITHOUT A "1.tga" FILE)"<<<< ?
I removed the list of wingspans I had in there which were working fine, and may have left it empty. I think I replaced it with the original 1.tga which was black. When I put the 1.tga file I had been using back in, it didn't show up.
I must have messed something up.

Never mind, I figured it out. Cant believe I could be so dense! It works fine when placed it the "selected" folder! DOOOOOHH! a real Homer moment!

I'll write something that other people might find helpful :)
My expeirence with creating a dash pic was pretty troublesome, but I finally managed to do it.

The most important thing is the size of the pic! 256 x 256 px!

I used a larger pic at the beginning and I was getting the message: Launcher stopped working.
If you encounter a similar problem, all you have to do is just delete the image called 1.tga from the "Selected" folder.
The game will automatically put the default pic when you restart the game, so you don't have to reinstall the whole game as I did! Hope this helps :)

Oh, 1 more thing. Use GIMP version 2.6, not 2.8 ;)

philstyle
Sep-02-2015, 04:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCqrKNhI9C8

Hening
Jan-20-2016, 15:36
Thanks for the info