PDA

View Full Version : True 4k video and some goodies

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-29-2014, 10:48
I tought there wasnt a update yesterday, but MysticPuma "silently" released a video on Team Fusion youtube channel

Lots of interesting stuff on the background. See if you spot it (hint look at terrain). Seems it was also a experiment of 4k resolution. You better watch it in big screen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLJRyEdCAlg

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-29-2014, 11:02
Gorgeous! :stunned:

ATAG_((dB))
Nov-29-2014, 12:57
It is beautiful but thrust me it is noting compare with playing and seeing it real time on a 4K monitor. Unfortunately you loose some of the quality with youTube. I upload most of my video at 4K since like with all conversions you loose some image quality. Even with no conversion (2160p to 2160p) the image quality suffers with youtube rendering technique, my upload are ok but not like they actually look like when I watch the files. I assume this one is the same. So you can imagine how beautifully detail CloD is

Like I've said in the pass, the only problem with that resolution is that there is no turning back, I had to go back to 1080p for a few weeks when my GPU die on me and I couldn't spot shit anymore.

ATAG_Flare
Nov-29-2014, 16:29
Big hills at 0:12, new map? Also new smoke effects from that engine fire, and the Welly! Wow! :salute: TF

Continu0
Nov-29-2014, 16:45
Big hills at 0:12, new map?

I think that is just one of the small dogfight-maps... but what other goodies are there? I can`t spot any new ones?

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-29-2014, 16:49
I think that is just one of the small dogfight-maps...

Look again

DUI
Nov-29-2014, 17:07
Let's see, some points that I might have spotted (compared to TF 4.312):

- New terrain textures. I think the trees/forests also look different than in the last TF update? Either way, the landscape looks great!
- (Much) more detailed plane damage visuals?
- New "Terraforming" capability (hills/rivers)? Nice to see the results of your new map tool!
- New 88 firing effect? Not so sure about this one.
- New plane crash explosion effect?

ATAG_Ribbs
Nov-29-2014, 18:02
Looks to me like the small caliber bullet holes are back, or increased! :)

Terrain textures and Hills and valleys look great !

Chuck_Owl
Nov-29-2014, 19:10
Small caliber bullet holes and hills? I also saw that the panel on the radio was blown off. Nice touch!

Skoshi_Tiger
Nov-29-2014, 22:05
That video looks fairly impressive!
So maybe if I can buy a new computer in say 2020 the hardware might be able to push CoD's graphic engine to it's limit?

ATAG_Freya
Nov-29-2014, 22:37
Look again

I didn't see any over-sized rivers in the background...but that might just be because of the lower altitude shots. Nice vid though! First time I've tried a look at the 4k stuff, though I only have a regular hd monitor it looked crisp!

RedToo
Nov-30-2014, 05:06
Is it me, or do the hedges look a lot more 3D?

RedToo.

Combat Wombat
Nov-30-2014, 06:12
I feel a marriage proposal coming on TF :-) That looks wonderful on 2560x1440 just stunning ) thanks for your dedication guys.

Mysticpuma
Nov-30-2014, 07:30
Here's a few screengrabs taken directly from in-game footage at 4K resolution so you can download and see them at full resolution :)

See, I told you you'd see some extras if you subscribed to the Youtube channel ;)

This wasn't an 'official' Team Fusion update though, just me testing 4K in Cliffs of Dover. Official updates will always carry the TF logo at the front-end....but the TF Youtube channel may have the occasional surprise upload :)

Cheers, MP

AKA_Knutsac
Nov-30-2014, 08:55
The urban landscape looks really nice up close. In the current version I don't recall the buildings being laid out with such care, and with each house having a footpath or driveway to it.

~S~

AKA Knutsac

major_setback
Nov-30-2014, 11:55
It looks like the 'Fields' map to me, accessible in the Full Mission Builder. There is a hill and a small town on it too.

Chivas
Nov-30-2014, 14:51
So maybe if I can buy a new computer in say 2020 the hardware might be able to push CoD's graphic engine to it's limit?

That's the beauty of Olegs dream of a relatively future proof new game engine. If TeamFusion can sustain a large enough talented membership, I see no reason that the sim won't continue to improve content and new features for years to come. I believe the combat flight sim community will owe everything to Oleg and TF for keeping the genre alive. I'm not so sure developments like BOS will continue to be financially viable, unless VR suddenly improves the market for the genre.

VII.Racetrack
Dec-01-2014, 09:27
Hey TF!
Will be possible to add some Shake Effects when getting a near flak explosion?

Great Stuff anyhow!

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-01-2014, 09:29
Hey TF!
Will be possible to add some Shake Effects when getting a near flak explosion?

A la War Thunder? No thanks. That makes me nauseous

jaydee
Dec-02-2014, 03:27
Skoshi, after waiting for CODs release for so long I was devastated to find " My Rig Want up to it ". The up-grade began. It hasn't stopped ! ~S~

That's the beauty of Olegs dream of a relatively future proof new game engine. If TeamFusion can sustain a large enough talented membership, I see no reason that the sim won't continue to improve content and new features for years to come. I believe the combat flight sim community will owe everything to Oleg and TF for keeping the genre alive. I'm not so sure developments like BOS will continue to be financially viable, unless VR suddenly improves the market for the genre.
Hi Chivas. The more I look back on my experience with COD, the more I am convinced that COD (when it was released) was SO far ahead of it time, that it became an "Achilles heel" for COD. Hardware/Software problems PLUS released "Unfinished" added to its problems.
I believe, we (Simmers) will Never see another Oleg.
Today, with the Great work of TF , we get a taste of what lies beneath the surface of COD. (I wish TF had access to the Code).
~S~

A la War Thunder? No thanks. That makes me nauseous
Have you changed your name to TF ?

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-02-2014, 10:07
Have you changed your name to TF ?

Have I answered for someone else? I just intended to share my tough on that matter. I didn't understand that it was directed to TF and only them could answer, it's a public forum after all. I am sorry if I offend anyone it was not my intention :salute:

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-02-2014, 10:41
Hi Chivas. The more I look back on my experience with COD, the more I am convinced that COD (when it was released) was SO far ahead of it time, that it became an "Achilles heel" for COD. Hardware/Software problems PLUS released "Unfinished" added to its problems.
I believe, we (Simmers) will Never see another Oleg.
Today, with the Great work of TF , we get a taste of what lies beneath the surface of COD. (I wish TF had access to the Code).
~S~

Spot on

Rade
Dec-02-2014, 12:04
Wow, now, that is amazing! Game with this high graph settings looks outstanding !!!
I wish if it would be possible to get rid of that terrible aliasing, which really makes my
eyes very tired at end of every flying session. :grrr: BUT I DON'T complain!!! I enjoy
every second on virtual skies! :D

Other than that, great work. As others said, I would really wish if you guys from TF
get Code of the game, and expend it up to 1945! :devilish: I think it is more than obvious
that you are up to task, and I also believe that you would easy have commercial support
that you deserve. It is more than obvious, after few past years, that it is much better to
support TF, than original creators, or creators of Battle of Stalingrad or DCS WW2 Western Europe. :-P
Cheers!

Bt the way, I subscribed on both, TF youtube channel, and Decibel's.

:salute:

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-03-2014, 10:34
Hi Rade thank you for subscribing to my channel. There is also some way better then mine CHuck Owl come into my mind and many others. Some are instructive some entertaining. Check it out :D

major_setback
Dec-03-2014, 12:25
I wish if it would be possible to get rid of that terrible aliasing, which really makes my
eyes very tired at end of every flying session. :grrr: BUT I DON'T complain!!! I enjoy
every second on virtual skies! :D

TF4 has anti-aliasing. Post a screenshot if you have an issue.
Thanks, Setback.

FS~Fenice_1965
Dec-06-2014, 06:12
Ad A matter Of facto CLod is the real IL2 successor. The only sim where se can still feel the breath Of the old IL2 and Oleg's hand.

(Thanks Fenice. To stay on topic I chopped a little of your post off. Appreciate the message, cheers, MP)

javelina
Dec-06-2014, 12:07
very nice!

Rade
Dec-06-2014, 22:02
TF4 has anti-aliasing. Post a screenshot if you have an issue.
Thanks, Setback.

Hey, Setback.
Thanks for info. After this, I vent to my graphic card settings, and set aliasing to overwrite application aa, and set it to x8 and now
it looks much better. There is still some aa left, but I guess my gtx460 did best job possible for its power, so I am really satisfied.

So, thanks again, it is much better! ~S~

Mad G
Dec-07-2014, 04:15
Here's a few screengrabs taken directly from in-game footage at 4K resolution so you can download and see them at full resolution :)

See, I told you you'd see some extras if you subscribed to the Youtube channel ;)

This wasn't an 'official' Team Fusion update though, just me testing 4K in Cliffs of Dover. Official updates will always carry the TF logo at the front-end....but the TF Youtube channel may have the occasional surprise upload :)

Cheers, MP

S!

I would like to know what hardware was used for this video. Looks like just a single card due the stutters. I my self did try it with a single GTX 980 and an Asus PB287Q 4K monitor, nearly a slide show. With 2 980 it didn´t work due CloD SLI bug. Tried Luthier´s SLI and ATAG_Fidget SLI profiles to no avail.

Thanks,

SP!

Mysticpuma
Dec-07-2014, 04:50
The stutters were down to.me sadly.
I captured the video in Fraps at 30-fps and put it on a 30-fps timeline. After editing it, I found Adobe Premiere can't output 4k video even at highest setting at 30-fps , so.I had to downgrade the video to 24-fps. That's 6-frame dropped for every second rendered.
At the start of the video it says 'testing' and also, even though it's on the TF channel, it is just me testing settings so.I can do it correctly, but I thought I'd share the early results on the TF channel to get more content for subscribers. The next test I will do will be at matching frame-rates and hopefully it will look smoother. I should add, the sequence where the AA guns fire is slowed down, so not a frame-rate issue, I just wanted to show the gun flash effects.
Card was a 670 GTX 4Gb and i7 CPU at 4Ghz.

Cheers, MP

Mad G
Dec-07-2014, 04:55
Great! and what monitor? Also I´ve tried Riva Tuner fps limiter, which improved slightly. Perhaps TF could work on SLI profile to be released with patch 5.0.

AA_Engadin
Dec-07-2014, 10:01
I'll finally be shot down at my 109 controls on 4K as well :wings:How lovely it will look to the eyes of the bomber's pilot chasing me! :D

AA_Engadin.

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-07-2014, 11:10
S!

I would like to know what hardware was used for this video. Looks like just a single card due the stutters. I my self did try it with a single GTX 980 and an Asus PB287Q 4K monitor, nearly a slide show. With 2 980 it didn´t work due CloD SLI bug. Tried Luthier´s SLI and ATAG_Fidget SLI profiles to no avail.

Thanks,

SP!

I use r9 295x2 shuter free 60 fps with vsyning no Aa

Mad G
Dec-08-2014, 01:01
Lucky you! Perhaps dual chip vga works fine..

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-08-2014, 02:13
That was the reason for going with ATI. Everywhere I read that was the only card capable of playing at 4K. That's was six months ago no sure about now.

Mysticpuma
Dec-08-2014, 02:42
That was the reason for going with ATI. Everywhere I read that was the only card capable of playing at 4K. That's was six months ago no sure about now.

Did you ever get the Green smoke glitch or the texture lines on the map tiles?

Combat Wombat
Dec-08-2014, 03:28

sorry to jump in here OT But is there any news regarding that of late Mysticpuma ? Ati 7990

Mysticpuma
Dec-08-2014, 06:44
sorry to jump in here OT But is there any news regarding that of late Mysticpuma ? Ati 7990

No problem CW. I only asked because I haven't seen much posted about that for a long time, and I use Nvidia (forever!) so this has never been an issue for me. I just wondered if driver updates or community workarounds had fixed this?

Just asking, cheers, MP

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-08-2014, 09:52

Yes sometime, i've been told that it's a SLI/Crossfire bug. I have to start a quick mission when I start the game before anything else, just for few second, then it's fine. :D

Mad G
Dec-15-2014, 11:44
What monitor are you using? By any chances do you get a doubled icon/mod when loading the game? Micro stutters? Thanks.

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-18-2014, 16:30
What monitor are you using? By any chances do you get a doubled icon/mod when loading the game? Micro stutters? Thanks.

I use Asus PB287Q a 60hz 1ms response time

Mad G
Dec-19-2014, 01:31
Thanks. Funny, I just got the same monitor!:thumbsup: Nice one, although I prefer IPS panels. Any config tip? At 4k now you don´t have much options of quality/ price wise. With one GTX 980 OC Gaming, I´d managed at 3025x1702 @60Hz to run this sim nearly stutter free and with great image detail. Fps - Max 66/ AVG 58/ Min 28. Many times I´ve tried SLI but with no success. I´m quite tempted to buy a R9 295x2 but is so expensive here in Brazil, almost twice the price you get in Europe or the US. BTW I have a 4790k @ 4.6Ghz.

Cheers,

Mad G
Dec-19-2014, 01:55
A few pics at 3025x1702 @60Hz

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-19-2014, 05:34
Hi Mad I am afraid your SLI wont work unless your on full screen full res mode, from what I understand. I am running it at med to high with AA off and it's shutter free expect the ocasional server shutter that everyone have. One thing to remember is at that resolusion you will fill up your VRAM very fast, this is why I had to reduce some settings to med, I am running the game almost peg at my max of 4gb. I assume that even you SLI your 980 you will have a max of 3 Gb and you will have to drop it further. But even the medium settings are nicer then the high at 1080p anyway. Don't forget that you need a solid CPU

Mad G
Dec-19-2014, 06:07
Hi Decibel dB. Yes, I´m running at full screen, full resolution. The GTX 980´s have a native 4GB VRM. With a single card the VRM consume is no more than 2500Mhz. In SLI it grabs over 4135Mhz VRM. On IL2 1946 UP 3.04 I´ve got 46 fps minimum at 3840x2160!. I´m on a single card. At 3025x1702 @60Hz in game config I have High settings with Original and NV CP all image quality stuff is off and SweetFX with FlightFX GUI. At 3840x2160 I´ve tried even on Medium but to no avail. Sure, looks muuch better than at 1080.

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-19-2014, 06:54
Then it's very true when they say that so far the R9 295x2 is the only card you can game on 4K. I initialy had doubt about it but trust "my expert" and we ahead and bought Radeon.

As soon as I get back home I'll give you the run down of my settings if you like..

o7

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-21-2014, 04:13

o7

Mad G
Dec-23-2014, 02:32
With a very similar settings I´ve managed to fly at 4k with a Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 @1511Mhz-clock/7822MHz-memory and a 4790k @ 4.6GHz. Over water is totally smooth, stutter free and over land/ clouds it does have stutters on heavy situations. Detail is amazing!

Hey Decibel dB, please post your nice video.

Cheers,

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-23-2014, 03:06
It should be smooth all over, expect the server hicups or rare event. Rob a 71st squadron member just bought a GTX 970 or 980 not sure, with the Samsung 1ms 4K monitor and he have it to run shutter free. If you have issues or need his setting I can ask.

Enjoy the details.

o7

Mad G
Dec-23-2014, 03:26
Yes, would be interesting to have Rob´s settings, thanks.

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-23-2014, 03:55
I'll get back to you, would you mind sharing our specs ?

Mad G
Dec-23-2014, 04:22
Not at all! 344.11 driver - In NV CP all image stuff are off, 3D application, single display, max performance, shader on, aniso sample on, clamp, quality, trilinear off, triple buff on, vsync 3D application, virtual real 1 - plus SweetFX/Fligth FX GUI.

In game - left column/3840x2160 @60Hz, on, custom, H,L,H,L,M,H - rigth column/AA off, AEF and SSAO off, VSync on, H,L,M, grass on, shadows off, roads on. Fps in BD track max66/avg58/min28. Most of time it runs in mid 40´s fps

ATAG_((dB))
Dec-23-2014, 06:48
I mean your PC specs. ie motherboard, your chip, OS . ETC

Run that it's free to know it all https://www.piriform.com/speccy

Mad G
Dec-23-2014, 08:11
Summary
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.60GHz 29 °C -
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 2448MHz (10-12-12-31)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 (SOCKET 1150) 28 °C
Graphics
ASUS PB287Q (3840x2160@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (Gigabyte) 31 °C
Storage
223GB KINGSTON SH103S3240G ATA Device (SSD) 21 °C
223GB SiImage SCSI Disk Device (RAID)
931GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ USB Device (USB (SATA)) 26 °C
Optical Drives
PIONEER BD-ROM BDC-207D ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
MS Sidewinder FFB 2

wuffman
Dec-24-2014, 13:31

Yes! Oleg did exactly that, and to be embraced and maintained is a tribute to the design, and the designer. Nothing more to add; you have said it perfectly!

KansasCS
May-06-2015, 12:25
In several Forums I read that the performance hit from DSR@4k(meaning the graphics are computed@2160p and then downsampled to whatever resolution you have, in my case 1440p) is very similar of not slightly worse than rendering in true 4k with no AA(something that is dreaded in this game anyways because of it's impact on spotting).
I've had a private conversation with dB about my situation with my 980. I'm getting constant ~50fps over land and only with clouds and a town and flak(basically everything at once) I dip down into the mid 20s with the above mentioned DSR settings.
I pondered about getting the acer xb280hk. It has 4k and gsync(30-60Hz), very nice for us gamers, but because of the vRam required for minimum fps, Sli won't make it that much better(aside the fact that it's not supported in the first place). Combining that with dBs information about his 295x2 game settings to get acceptable frame rates, I decided to wait for the 980ti or 390x. I will just pray my 650watt PSU will be able to take it.