PDA

View Full Version : FULL REAL, Do I still need to tap breaks, auto prop pitch, auto radiator to turn them

Uriah
Nov-29-2014, 22:13
FULL REAL, Do I still need to tap breaks, auto prop pitch, auto radiator to turn them OFF.

It seems in the past that if say I was joining multiplayer that was full realistic settings that I had to tap the breaks to release them, tap the auto prop pitch key and auto radiator key to be able to get any result from either moving the radiator more or less open and prop pitch more or less fine/course. I seem to recall that even though I am using full CEM in a REALISM set online server that these controls are stuck until taping the keys for these controls.

So, is that still true with the TF patch?

3./JG51_Heiden
Nov-29-2014, 23:13
Not at all. On the 109, there's a button to select from manual to auto prop pitch, but that has always been the case. All radiators are manual, there is no automatic feature. The "parking brakes" are actually wheel chocks and the wheel brakes do not control them at all. There's a separate command for that.

-Shane

Uriah
Nov-30-2014, 23:00
Heiden, you mentioned the 109 and that was the clue.

Note to begin: In Spit you have to move radiator (it stays in a default position until you move it)
& move Prop blade full visible to pilot (fine) (default position seems to be course).

In 109 Prop Pitch and Radiator start in AUTO.
Many folks take them off AUTO and pump up the prop pitch until full fine.

Heiden, did you say the RADIATOR in the 109 is only auto? If so I will change my notes.

And what is the 'event' or function for parking breaks? All I could find is 'full breaks' and right and left break.

ATAG_Flare
Nov-30-2014, 23:12
Heiden, you mentioned the 109 and that was the clue.

Note to begin: In Spit you have to move radiator (it stays in a default position until you move it)
& move Prop blade full visible to pilot (fine) (default position seems to be course).

In 109 Prop Pitch and Radiator start in AUTO.
Many folks take them off AUTO and pump up the prop pitch until full fine.

Heiden, did you say the RADIATOR in the 109 is only auto? If so I will change my notes.

And what is the 'event' or function for parking breaks? All I could find is 'full breaks' and right and left break.

No, radiator is not AUTO. All rads in CloD are manual.

flare

3./JG51_Heiden
Nov-30-2014, 23:13
There is no automatic radiator on the 109E, it is manual at all times. The prop on the E4s is auto, starts in auto, but SOP is to go to manual 12 oclock for takeoff and landing. There is no command for parking brakes, only wheel chocks. The command is:

"Signal ground crew to remove/insert chocks" or something to that effect.

1lokos
Dec-01-2014, 01:26
If you refer to sliders (or %) in Engine Info Window, that at spawn dot mach the real commands:

http://s21.postimg.org/uvqj587tz/Spit.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/ys3v17stf/full/)
post a picture (http://postimage.org/)

Brakes are actuated - ON (pressure gauche needles up).
Prop Pitch Fine
Radiator open

But the sliders in engine Info Window are all down.

Does not matter, when you do some adjust, the indicator in Info Window will move to correspondent position.
What matter is the position of plane commands.

And this only happen when you enter the game in the first spawn, in the next mission or refly the sliders match the commands.

In SP planes that spawn with engine ON has brakes ON - despite the brakes does not prevent the wind turn the plane.

To immobilize plane use "Wheel Chocks" - is need assign a key in Controls > Aircraft.

And always release the brakes - tap the key or press brakes pedal - or the plane will tip down on takeoff.

Sokol1

Uriah
Dec-01-2014, 19:56
Um, I don't know how it is with other controllers but my experience with using a CH THROTTLE QUADRANT is that the position of the levers that I might have them before the game means nothing. Many items start out with a default value like Pitch, Throttle, Radiator, Breaks and flaps. I am not sure about the trims I have for Rudder and Elevator but I expect so. I think what is happening that every lever or wheel does not send a value until it is moved. I suspect the graphic for the levers are showing the input from the controllers.

Flair wrote that all radiators in CLOD are manual. OK, but it does seem odd that there is a key just for toggle radiators automatic.
I think what got me is that I have to move my lever for the radiator before the game recongnizes just where I have it set.

1lokos
Dec-01-2014, 20:28
is that the position of the levers that I might have them before the game means nothing. Many items start out with a default value like Pitch, Throttle, Radiator, Breaks and flaps.

Yes, the game are not able to read your controls position and set in game according if you don't send some input.
Anyway the communication is only Joystick > Game (the inverse - possible in FSX with FSUIPC with some modules, like Saitek Panels - don't happen here).

Flair wrote that all radiators in CLOD are manual. OK, but it does seem odd that there is a key just for toggle radiators automatic.

CloD Controls GUI have dozens of controls not used (they put in table for eventual "future" use), or are legacy of il-2'46, this one is probable of the awkward R,R,R,R,R,R...R (?) of IL-2'46. :D

Sokol1