PDA

View Full Version : Bf109 Taxi and Take Off

gavagai
Nov-30-2014, 19:24
Taxi and takeoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXCGwgW6GNY

Vlerkies
Dec-01-2014, 02:03
Strewth, look at the stick movement on rotation.

SorcererDave
Dec-01-2014, 06:27
Christ, it takes off pretty quickly compared to the one in CloD doesn't it?

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-01-2014, 10:01

I think TF will be addressing that very thing in TF 5.0 :thumbsup:

I gave this topic its own thread; it's deserving of it. :salute: Very exciting developments. My heart is with the upcoming Spit and Jug, but things are certainly moving along with DCS! :D

Vlerkies
Dec-01-2014, 10:02

Like a homesick angel mate, lurvely!! :)

ATAG_Colander
Dec-01-2014, 10:09
I have the feeling that takeoff was a bit too fast (or he was almost stalling :D).

Vadr
Dec-01-2014, 10:26
I have the feeling that takeoff was a bit too fast (or he was almost stalling :D).

That will happen when you have 100 Mustangs lining up to vulch you on takeoff... :D

3./JG51_Heiden
Dec-01-2014, 14:20
He did appear to overrotate the aircraft. As for the acceleration.. that's what 1800 horsepower does!

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Dec-01-2014, 16:21
Great, now I have to wipe all the drool off my keyboard.

Kwiatek
Dec-01-2014, 16:28
1800 HP is only with MW 50 enabled, take off power is around 1400 HP. So both 109 E-3 and K-4 got similar take off power to weight ratio :)

But true that K-4 on these video quite quickly got aribone after raise tailwheel.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-01-2014, 16:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzUUlO6ihwE

I count 15 seconds from 0 to tail up and 21 for takeoff (making 21-15 = 6 seconds from tail up to takeoff).
In the DCS video it seems to takeoff in 11 seconds.

Kwiatek
Dec-01-2014, 16:52
Watching guages at K-4 take off it was used 1.4 Ata 2500 RPMs - so standart take off power about 1400 HP no more ( unkown fuel level).

Checked G-4 Red 7 and got ab. 12 sec to rise tailweel and 20 sec to airbone.

So K-4 really looks quite fast to airbone

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-01-2014, 18:36
The time for take off would probably be different for a 75 year old priceless 109 (any model) vs a wartime 109 getting strafed by marauding Spits. I would guess the wartime 109 pilot would be wheels up significantly quicker, yes?

gavagai
Dec-01-2014, 18:38
Grass strip also adds extra friction. Unless you know what power settings were used for each takeoff, you can't make an apples to apples comparison. Also, notice that yoyo never comes to a complete stop as he begins his takeoff roll.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-01-2014, 19:23
Months ago I had been whining to TF Project Manager Buzzsaw about the quick take offs by the Air 2 Air Sim's Wings of Power 3 Spits to the equivalent Cliffs of Dover Spits (same Marks, loadouts, take off weights, etc). The WOP3 Spits were tail up, then rotating very quickly while the Clod Spits seem to trundle almost the full length of the airfield even at 12 lbs boost/3000 rpms. Buzzsaw said that the propeller modelling was being reviewed for TF 5.0. I would assume this would apply for all Clod aircraft, not just the Spitfires.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-01-2014, 19:46
I have not timed them but CloD planes seem to take too long to bring the tail up.

As a side note, in the 109, if the tank is not empty, the tail comes up really fast (you can even tilt while static on full throttle and breaks applied)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-01-2014, 19:56
In the testing with revised Props in the CLIFFS OF DOVER TF 5.0 Alphas I get faster takeoff times... less distance on the rolls.

So I think people will find the CoD aircraft will have the issue of longer than historical takeoff rolls addressed.

There also appears to be more torque effects with the revised props, so players will also need to be more cautious about slamming the throttle forwards. ;)

The changes apply to all aircraft.

gavagai
Dec-01-2014, 20:01
That is great, but it would be even better to have the msffb2 working properly in Cliffs 5.0.:)

nicka117
Dec-01-2014, 21:13
That is great, but it would be even better to have the msffb2 working properly in Cliffs 5.0.:)

Really, it seems like it works great in clod. What am I missing. It doesn't work well at all in b o s.

gavagai
Dec-02-2014, 06:34
Different machines, different results. Anyway, back to the 109 takeoff.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-02-2014, 10:09
In the testing with revised Props in the CLIFFS OF DOVER TF 5.0 Alphas I get faster takeoff times... less distance on the rolls.

So I think people will find the CoD aircraft will have the issue of longer than historical takeoff rolls addressed.

There also appears to be more torque effects with the revised props, so players will also need to be more cautious about slamming the throttle forwards. ;)

The changes apply to all aircraft.

:party2::party2::party2:

Mudcat
Dec-05-2014, 12:51

They sure do takeoff fast. Even when you running through the mud and dragging your wingtips the whole way :)

http://youtu.be/wrZpyL3Ccjc

ATAG_Colander
Dec-05-2014, 12:59
They sure do takeoff fast. Even when you running through the mud and dragging your wingtips the whole way :)

Hahahahaha, that could have been me but I know it wasn't because it didn't end in an explosion :)

Mudcat
Dec-05-2014, 13:11
Hahahahaha, that could have been me but I know it wasn't because it didn't end in an explosion :)

Yeah, that one started poorly, then just escalated and I said, heck with it, let's just keep going and see where this takes me. I honestly couldn't believe it even lifted off let alone stayed in the air long enough for me to kill the engine, not to mention not lifting the gear. But if there is one thing I'm good at in DCS it's belly landing in a field hahaha

Cassius
Dec-07-2014, 15:50
I think Ph0b0s not mind for that I posted...Great views and just beautiful...From ED Forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuIhMQP-II0

Flanker35M
Dec-17-2014, 02:47
S!

Got the DCS: Bf109K-4 Kurfürst as well. Oh boy is it nice! First I was wondering on take off and landing that WTF am I doing wrong as the plane was behaving very oddly compared to other modules, like Dora etc. So after a bit of digging I found that the darned assist was on! Disabled it and the plane is a joy to fly, not too hard to take-off or land either. One thing bugs me out though: the flare gun. Why in the heck is it there? Pilots kept it elsewhere, like stuffed in a pocket or similar, not in the tube at all times. As I do not have TIR at the moment accessing gauges and circuit breakers is also a bit hard because of the flare gun. Otherwise, top notch! Can't wait for Spits, P47 etc. to become available!

VO101_Kurfurst
Dec-17-2014, 04:05

Looks like a perfect three-pointer takeoff! :-)

hnbdgr
Dec-17-2014, 06:27

I use it with center spring only(FF) and it's the best joystick I ever had. Admittedly I don't know how it should feel with all FF effects since I only tested it once when I got it and then deleted all the FF's except for center spring.

But it would be lovely to get a realistic stall warning for instance.