PDA

View Full Version : The "One file patch" install

B.Hammer
Dec-05-2014, 16:04
-S-

Downloaded the 3.2gb single patch for windows 7 64 bit from the site. Running Norton antivirus btw.

What is the procedure for install of the single patch vs. the install procedure for one patch at a time and running the game between patch install's as in the instruction video..?

Do I need to create a "Launcher Shortcut" on desktop to run the program as a administrator.. or does it auto install with the patch ??

How do I create a "Launcher Shortcut"..looked in Steam, no luck.

Need to know how to get "Administrator" up on my right mouse click..not showing on mine, I have been away from computers for a number of years, forgotten more that I learned...lol..

Hammer

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-05-2014, 17:14
There is no single patch install. There are five patches to install up to the latest TF version.

Please see the guide to installation here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

We do hope to have an auto updater in place for TF 5.0. :salute:

-S-

Downloaded the 3.2gb single patch for windows 7 64 bit from the site. Running Norton antivirus btw.

What is the procedure for install of the single patch vs. the install procedure for one patch at a time and running the game between patch install's as in the instruction video..?

Do I need to create a "Launcher Shortcut" on desktop to run the program as a administrator.. or does it auto install with the patch ??

How do I create a "Launcher Shortcut"..looked in Steam, no luck.

Need to know how to get "Administrator" up on my right mouse click..not showing on mine, I have been away from computers for a number of years, forgotten more that I learned...lol..

Hammer

ATAG_Colander
Dec-05-2014, 18:23
The "one patch" is really "one download with the 5 patches".
You need to install the 5 of them in order but instead of downloading 5 files, you download one big one.

B.Hammer
Dec-27-2014, 15:36
-S-

Did the download and opened with 7zip..the only problem is with the 4.0 patch..when I opened it..I got

DashPics
mod
PaintSchemes
parts
TeamSpeak Integration Plugin
Mod-v40..."in a zip file"
TF 4.0 MOD Installer.zip.001
TF 4.0 MOD Installer.zip.002

Tried to open the "Mod-v40" with 7zip and got some weird windows come up, you will have to excuse my lack of computer know how, didn't see the installer as with the other patches..am I doing this correct...?

The other patches seemed to open correct as per the instruction video, got the installer haven't run them yet until I get the 4.0 issue cleared up.

Hammer

wildcard1
Jan-13-2015, 07:43
-S-

Did the download and opened with 7zip..the only problem is with the 4.0 patch..when I opened it..I got

DashPics
mod
PaintSchemes
parts
Mod-v40..."in a zip file"
TF 4.0 MOD Installer.zip.001
TF 4.0 MOD Installer.zip.002

Tried to open the "Mod-v40" with 7zip and got some weird windows come up, you will have to excuse my lack of computer know how, didn't see the installer as with the other patches..am I doing this correct...?

The other patches seemed to open correct as per the instruction video, got the installer haven't run them yet until I get the 4.0 issue cleared up.

Hammer

Hello sir,
Mod-v4 zip file should contain folders with the following
DashPics
mod
PaintSchemes
parts
They are to be unziped or copy pasted to main Clod directory..
However,i believe they are optional.