PDA

View Full Version : Are there plans to have Stirling Whitley hampden etc flyable and on raids ?

BOBC
Dec-06-2014, 13:10
Hi,
There is no sim that features these lovely aircraft, on missions, navigating at night, fending off nighfighters, coping with flak,

I just love to view them flying as well, well modelled and accurate skins.

They are available for FSX but that hasnt a wartime missions option or scenery.

Are there plans in existence to add these to CloD and have them flyable on raids ?

I could model them, or so I hope, if someone was prepared to do the rest.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2287241/1

I see at simhq that Asheshouses was doing the hampden. PM sent to see how things are with it.

BOBC

Roblex
Dec-06-2014, 14:07
Speaking entirely unofficially, I doubt it. Firstly, it is hard enough making existing AI aircraft flyable (like the Wellington and gladiator) without modelling something from scratch. Secondly, the blenheim is enough of a death trap so there is no real reason to model another weak bomber. Thirdly, Clod is not very good at night missions at the moment; the searchlights don't really do anything and visibility is pretty much zero.

I have no inside knowledge of what TF are working on but I would be pretty certain that for the next few years any new aircraft will be AI conversions or slight mods to existing aircraft eg Do17, Beaufighter, Defiant, Spit 1b etc.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-06-2014, 14:23
At this point there are no plans to model either the Whitley or Hampden.

But that does not mean we would not look at accepting a complete 3D model of either into the game, if that model was compatible with CoD's requirements

However, those requirements are very specific and quite demanding, we have already received very high quality externally produced models which were not originally intended for CoD, and bringing them into the game is not easy, a 3D mesh is only the start, and most meshs have far too many polygons for online use, so they have to be redrawn... plus there has to be a damage model, LoD models, and in almost all cases, the texturing has to be completely re-done.

Slamdance
Dec-06-2014, 14:31
Buzzsaw,

What is the short and long term goals of TF?:flying2:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-06-2014, 14:40
Buzzsaw,

What is the short and long term goals of TF?:flying2:

1) To create new maps and Theaters

2) To bring new player operated aircraft and objects into the game.

3) To improve the useability of the game for players

4) To improve the visual quality, sounds, appearance and environment of the game

I can't comment on specifics other than to refer you to what Mysticpuma posts as updates.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-06-2014, 18:27
to boldly go where no man has gone before

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-07-2014, 00:47
I have no inside knowledge of what TF are working on but I would be pretty certain that for the next few years any new aircraft will be AI conversions or slight mods to existing aircraft eg Do17, Beaufighter, Defiant, Spit 1b etc.

Not the case.

We are working on entirely new aircraft. Mysticpuma has already mentioned the 109F in one of his updates... the F model is basically a new aircraft when compared to the E model. It requires a new external and cockpit model.

And the 109F is not the only new type we are working on. (I don't count Spitfires as new types till we get to the Mk VIII/IX)

Obviously it is easier to build a cockpit for an aircraft which already has an external model, but we can't keep doing that forever, in addition, some of the AI types in CoD are not really of interest to the great majority of players.

We won't be building a Spit IB... no point, it saw next to no service, was almost useless when in service, and had no significant effect on the BoB.

Roblex
Dec-07-2014, 06:13
Not the case.

We are working on entirely new aircraft. Mysticpuma has already mentioned the 109F in one of his updates... the F model is basically a new aircraft when compared to the E model. It requires a new external and cockpit model.

And the 109F is not the only new type we are working on. (I don't count Spitfires as new types till we get to the Mk VIII/IX)

Obviously it is easier to build a cockpit for an aircraft which already has an external model, but we can't keep doing that forever, in addition, some of the AI types in CoD are not really of interest to the great majority of players.

We won't be building a Spit IB... no point, it saw next to no service, was almost useless when in service, and had no significant effect on the BoB.

That is good hear. I assumed that to build the 109F you had taken the 109E and just modified the bits that needed changing so it was not as a hard a scratch build. I also assumed that when someone said you were building a cannon spit you were still sticking with BoB era but I suppose the MkIIb was introduced around the same time as the 109F. Great work guys. :thumbsup: