PDA

View Full Version : Can't keep up with Desastersoft AI in climb - BF-109 E-1

GunSlingerAUS
Dec-10-2014, 05:47
Hey folks

I'm attempting to fly the Desastersoft campaigns, but can't keep up with my AI flightmates when they start climbing. Can I ask what prop pitch I should use on the BF-109 E-1 for sustained climbs, as well as the ATA of the manifold and rad settings? Thanks!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-10-2014, 13:45
Hey folks

I'm attempting to fly the Desastersoft campaigns, but can't keep up with my AI flightmates when they start climbing. Can I ask what prop pitch I should use on the BF-109 E-1 for sustained climbs, as well as the ATA of the manifold and rad settings? Thanks!

Are your AI squadmates in E3/E4's?

If so, their aircraft perform better at higher altitudes due to the improved later model supercharger. So climb is better.

Please check the TF Wiki page for recommended climb settings: (you can climb at higher than recommended settings, but watch your overheat)

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=start

SorcererDave
Dec-10-2014, 14:11
I think the Cliffs AI cheats a bit when it comes to engine management, so they climb better than you. I've always had trouble keeping up with my squadron in single-player.

GunSlingerAUS
Dec-21-2014, 06:17
Just checking in to say that I can basically keep up with them now, simply by using manifold pressure of 1.23, RPMs of 2300, both rads around 3/4. Thanks for the guidance, now I've got on excuse for why I can't even get past the first mission in the Desasatersoft campaign!
!