PDA

View Full Version : ARMA 3 Iron Front 44

hnbdgr
Dec-10-2014, 09:37
Looking forward to trying this out, it's available now :D surprised I haven't heard about it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHkEhvicdWg

ATAG_Septic
Dec-10-2014, 09:56
Thanks for the reminder about this mod, brilliant video.

Septic.

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-10-2014, 10:15
Nice .... now I have even more reason to pick this up .... thanks

Chief

Flanker35M
Dec-11-2014, 02:32
S!

Nice. I liked the ARMA II version too, still have the box :)

Tvrdi
Dec-11-2014, 04:04
Unfortunately, Iron front 44 standalone (based on ARMA 2 engine) wasnt popular...same with the mods both in ARMA2 and ARMA3. Very few play this..Also in MP there was a limitation where you need more ppl to manage one tank and that was a mess because lots of ppl werent on TS etc...
But Warthunder Ground forces (simulator battles) is cool....yes, it has some bugs etc but theyr fixing stuff in the updates...US tanks are coming and new big maps (Moscow etc)...

hnbdgr
Dec-11-2014, 04:23
That is a shame, it's the only viable mod left, after the apparent death of i44...

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Dec-12-2014, 04:44
The website for i44 is dead, but the team isn't necessarily disbanded. They (like many other groups) don't really use their forum/website to communicate with each other. A prime example is the UNSUNG crew or the Hell in the Pacific group. It's hard to keep track of what Mod teams are up to since they don't have a "manager" they tend to be independent work and collaboration of talented folks who have the time and motivation.

UNSUNG is still going strong, but they haven't done much for A3 because of the new config work needed. They got most of their content working great with A2, but A3 is a whole new undertaking. (they were having a rough time configuring backpacks to work properly as it was). They are just an example because their site closed about a year ago, and they've continued releasing new content.

Anyhow... Iron Front is a fantastic game. I bought it only because of the modders converting it to A3. It doesn't work perfectly in A3, but it works pretty well. The main problem is that the voice overs are still English and English in bad Greek accents. Otherwise the content is really well ported over.

I was really impressed by Iron Front standalone. The game was a step above Arma 2, and I can see why they didn't just make it an Arma 2 module like BAF or PMC. The campaign was fantastic, and the game had a lot of neat additional features. But I still think it's a shame because they would have sold a lot more copies if they had just made it an expansion (although I guess they would have had to fight BIS about adding the new features.

In conclusion: Iron Front in Arma 3 is great, but the big downside is the sound. I really lose interest when the Russians start shouting at me in southern U.S. accents, and the Germans shout back in Arabic... it's a huge immersion killer.