PDA

View Full Version : Oculus buys Nimble VR, bye bye Leap Motion VR

AA_Engadin
Dec-14-2014, 16:27
Hi all. This is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_U3BmDlmtc

The adquisition of this company puts a full stop on the Leap Motion integration in OR, if ever was any future on it.

I know, I know, we don't have a clickable cockpit on a foreseeable future, but who knows, once the proper hardware is out ...

AA_Engadin

♣_Spiritus_♣
Dec-14-2014, 16:52
Pretty crazy stuff. The next couple years are going to be cool to be a part of.

AA_Engadin
Dec-15-2014, 05:41
Pretty crazy stuff. The next couple years are going to be cool to be a part of.

+1 here. And we'll be there from the very begining. Great.

AA_Engadin

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Dec-15-2014, 14:10
Finally, a way to give your wingman the finger.

Roblex
Dec-16-2014, 15:17
I know, I know, we don't have a clickable cockpit on a foreseeable future, but who knows, once the proper hardware is out ...

AA_Engadin

CLOD has a clickable cockpit so even if all the first version from Nimble VR does is allow you to position your mouse cursor and click then it will allow us to switch on fuel, set flaps and trim, configure gunsight, raise undercarriage etc etc. Yes there are CLOD functions, like Start Engine, that are not clickable but if we could raise a virtual programmable button box on the bottom of the screen then those sort of things could be added as well.

AA_Engadin
Dec-16-2014, 17:31
CLOD has a clickable cockpit so even if all the first version from Nimble VR does is allow you to position your mouse cursor and click then it will allow us to switch on fuel, set flaps and trim, configure gunsight, raise undercarriage etc etc. Yes there are CLOD functions, like Start Engine, that are not clickable but if we could raise a virtual programmable button box on the bottom of the screen then those sort of things could be added as well.

You are so right, mate. Thank you for the correction. Sometimes I don't certainly know what forum am I visiting at a certain moment :doh:, CloD or BoS, which indeed has no clickable cockpit.

Your idea of a button box is a very nice one [I have already seen a good number of them developed for other sims, like Il-2 1946 for sample]. But perhaps because my table is so packed with stuff and things, I fancy the idea of using my hands to click buttons and actionate levers 'in the air'.

AA_Engadin