PDA

View Full Version : How to move CloD to new PC

_TK_
Dec-16-2014, 03:24
Hi There,

Is there any way to move Clod to new computer as other Steam games? Would it be the same procedure copy/paste, or it need to be downloaded once again cause all the patches.. sorry if its dumb question, but really do not want to mess with new system as do not have backup disk yet..

Cheers
tk

Mysticpuma
Dec-16-2014, 04:01
You should be able to just copy and paste it. Once you have your Steam account installed on your new PC, you'd have to make sure that the 1C softclub folders (and contents) are copied from the "My Documents" folder and placed in their respective folders on the new PC, but that should be all.

Cheers, MP

1lokos
Dec-16-2014, 11:19
Being "methodical". :D

Assuming that your game are installed in default STEAM folder.

Copy the folder "il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" from

...\Steam\SteamApps\common\ il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover

for

C or D:\Cliffs of Dover (the "il-2 Sturmovik" should be "history" a long time ago).

Copy the folder

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\

for - in the new computer:

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\

Go to the folder (in new computer)

C or D...\Cliffs of Dover

Right click on Launcher.exe, select send to Desktop (create a shortcut).

On Desktop rename the "Shortcut - Launcher.exe" for "Cliffs of Dover" (or whatever you want), and if want move this shortcut for Start Menu, Taskbar...

In game, Controls > General, map F11 or other available key/button (dont use "PrintScreen" - has a bug) to take screenshots.

Run STEAM, log in them and minimize.

Run the game be the new shortcut.

In this way no chance of STEAM "mess" your game - he don't know that are installed.

CloD need STEAM running to start (unless offline... :devilish:), but STEAM don't need know anything about CloD.

Or if want the game inside STEAM library, use the STEAM backup tool and save the game folders in USB, external HDD, DVD midia... and in new computer use the same tool to import, but save manually
the folder ...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\ or will loose personal configs (graphics, keys, joy buttons...) add on missions/campaigns, campaigns progress...

NEVER run the STEAM "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE..." (or will end with un-MOD'ed game).

Sokol1

PanTast
Dec-16-2014, 11:35
You may also move the complete STEAM folder to your new computer. Don´t forget to move all the corresponding settings folders of all the games that are inside your documents.

Then run manually the steam.exe residing in the main steam folder. Steam will recognized that it has been moved and help you through the process of proving your ownership. I did that since I have a steam game. I am not really shure if it will affect CloD. So keep a copy of the original steam folder and/or also take the steps 1lokos suggested.

Good luck:thumbsup:

_TK_
Dec-18-2014, 05:34
I have no luck at all.. I've moved all folders as require but cannot launch the game, all I get is yellow sign in the middle of the screen - yellow plane with crosshair on it, it appears for the second or two then disappears and game does not start. However there is a difference of appearance of this sign - it misses word 'MOD' on it, it might means somet5hing but I dunno what..

it seems that steam recognise files, when I hit install button in steam it starts download and after 10 secs say its installed, so would think it is checking whats on hdd and do download only missing stuff - nothing in this situation

also I double checked if game still works on old comp, and it does

Could it be because on my old computer (mac book pro) I run the game on Win 7 installed on bootcamp (apple soft which allows win instal) and new comp runs dual boot mac and win 7 on separate hdd so Win 7 runs as on any pc ?? maybe some bootcamp drivers mess it up?

Should I run all patches on top of that once again? or rather should download Clod again from steam and do new/clean install?

cheers
tk

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-18-2014, 06:37
or rather should download Clod again from steam and do new/clean install?

cheers
tk

I have was in your shoes and i knew that i alredy had made "poo poo", i would go for a fresh install on evrything. That way i would know things would be fine and dandy. Just make a backup of old conf.ini and user.ini

_TK_
Dec-19-2014, 05:00
yeah just wanted to avoid to download it again, but anyhow I did download it, did fresh instal, and still game do not run - I have same outcome: yellow plane with crosshair for a sec or two and nothing happens after

_TK_
Dec-20-2014, 05:38
LOL I'm such dumb ass, turned out that forgot to install NVidia drivers - done it for os x boot drive but forgot to do that for win 7 drive.. now all is perfect - paste and copy works no problem , thanx guys for advise :thumbsup: