PDA

View Full Version : Hurrican pitch and aiming question

Raven Morpheus
Dec-17-2014, 07:14
Hello

Kind of new to these forums, lurked for a while (also thought I had an account but didn't).

I usually play IL2 1946 so I'm fairly familiar with the concepts of flying but I've just come back to CoD and installed the TF mod, after ditching the game for a long while, as I fancied playing something a bit more modern...

However a couple of things are bothering me about CoD -

1. Prop Pitch. On the indicator in the bottom left of my screen it seems Fine (100%) is at the top of the marker and Coarse (0%) is at the bottom. However in a fairly decently trimmed (as best as I can get it at least) Hurricane Rotol (either variant) when I change pitch to below 100% I end up going slower and even with a fairly decent trim I can only get to about 240mph in the Hurricane in level flight.

Altitude doesn't seem to matter as I've noticed it at all altitudes I've flown at.

I also seem to have to fly with my radiator fully open, I tried closing it the other night to see if it was causing drag and I ended up blowing my engine (on the Coast to Coast quick mission, halfway across the channel!!).

I've also checked the flaps aren't stuck, and they aren't.

My understanding of pitch is that you lower it to avoid over revving and you actually end up going faster because the prop bites the air more.

So, why is that not happening for me in the Hurricane?

2. Aiming. I'm usually not that great a shot in IL2 1946 at the best of times, and I tend to not fly Spits or Hurricanes, I mostly fly the Mosquito, P-51D, and P38. However I seem even worse in IL2 CoD with the Hurricane. Last night I did mission 3 of the RAF Redux campaign and tried taking down a HE111 and I barely scratched it (although I did apparently cause it to vent some white smoke) and I emptied my full load in the process. When I had finished the mission the stats line showed I had a 14% hit ratio!!

Is there a way I can get more precise aiming so that I don't waste all my load on just 1 plane? Or am I just spoilt by IL2 1946's aiming/damage caused in the planes that I fly, i.e. presumably they are better than the Hurricane?

Thanks in advance.

kopperdrake
Dec-17-2014, 08:14
Hey Raven,

You're right concerning the prop pitch - fine pitch is used to 'get going', then you turn her down to a coarser setting once you have speed, so your prop is taking bigger bites of air to throw behind it.

I'm not sure what's happening, but if you're flying straight and level, try these settings:

Prop pitch about 80%, 1/5 way back from fine.
Boost, full on.
Radiator, half open.

Make sure she's trimmed well, including side slip which will bleed your speed like no tomorrow.

If you want to get more out of her below 10,000ft you can pull the 'tit', the red boost cut-out knob on the top left of the instrument panel. That'll give you extra pounds boost - +12psi, but you'll need to keep the rads open about 70%-ish - just watch the oil and water temps - I tend to keep my oil below around 92C and water below 114C.

Above 10,000ft boost cut-out is inneffectual. Also, if you decide to turn a lot whilsy using the boost cut-out, make sure your rads are pushed open to 100%, and try not to drop below 160IAS for extended periods of time - the engine will blow quickly. In dogfights or turn fights I tend to turn off boost cut-out (BCO) and rely on 100% rads and full boost, only using the BCO and closing my rads when trying to extend away from the enemy, or gain on the enemy (possible with a 109 only if they have some damage or have been caught slow).

Again, the usual stuff - flaps up and wheels up, canopy shut, leg hair shaved and bald patch oiled.

As for aiming - you're looking for the holy grail :D

Aiming at a bomber on his six, it should be easy to get a 40% hit ratio. To give you an idea, the secret is to get your convergence right, and that depends a lot on your flying style. In a hurricane it's unlikely you'll get close enough for a 150 yard convergence, I tend to have mine set at 200 yards (180 meters). Then you need to use short quick bursts only when you're sure you have the target on sight. The only time I use an extended burst is when I'm deflection shooting as a target passes in front of my nose, to make sure they fly through the bullet stream. Even then I try and keep the burst to 1-2 seconds, else you'll quickly eat up the 14 seconds you have.

Of course, not only does your convergence have to be set right (once it's set, you can leave it for ever more). You also have to get the wingspan dialled in for the aircraft you're attacking - a He-111 is around the 75ft mark. Get that right, wait for his wings to fill your sight, aim at an engine and short bursts as the engine passes through the sights. Don't offload everything in one stream. Also, you don't need to 'blow him up' to fulfill the mission - often an engine out and other damage will do for your target, leaving you more ammo left to go for a second target.

If you have time, watch the first five minutes of this video - it'll show you a typical squadron pass through a flight of bombers:

http://youtu.be/1CtVgQ6fNqU?list=UU98cjXlyjJaPEnrO-W1CIeA

I've never flown IL2 1946 so can't compare how 'easy' it is in comparison.

Good luck!

Bunny

SorcererDave
Dec-17-2014, 08:24
It's worth noting that the speed indicator in the Hurricane has two needles. The big one stops at 240 mph, at which point the small needle continues along the inner ring of numbers that go up to 400 mph. That might explain why you thought you weren't breaking 240 mph (Don't worry, you're not the first person who's fallen prey to that and won't be the last).

Prop pitch:

The simple way to look at it is that it's like gears on a car. The faster you're going, the more coarse you want to set it (lowering the RPM) so you don't overwork the engine. Don't ever close your radiator entirely. 50% open is good for casual cruising speed, but I tend to leave mine at about 70% open all the time just to make sure I don't blow it. The speed lost due to drag from the radiator flap is so miniscule that you shouldn't worry about it too much.

When it comes to getting your speed up, I find that under 15,000 feet the best thing to do is leave your pitch at about 80% and use your boost cut-out to bring the throttle up to 110% on the digital display. That gives you the full 12lbs of boost that the 100 octane Hurri can provide, and won't overheat your engine. When you get above 15,000 feet, the boost doesn't work any more, so you can go up to 100% pitch (3,000 RPM) and the cold air will stop you overheating. You'll also be able to keep pace with most 109s at that altitude since their engines completely suck at 20,000 and up.

It probably sounds a bit complicated but after a bit of practice it really becomes second-nature. It's not like trying to fly some of the manual-pitch Bf109s, which I still struggle with.

Also worth noting is that the non-100 octane rotol Hurricane in the current version of the game uses the earlier Merlin II engine, which overheats much faster than the 100 octane version. If you're flying that version (I certainly wouldn't recommend it) then don't let your RPMs go above 2600, otherwise the engine will barbecue itself.

Aiming:

Aiming is a bit harder than in IL-2 1946, but it shouldn't be too hard. You might want to fiddle with your joystick sensitivity and deadzones in the options to see if that helps. That said however, the Hurricane uses eight .303 machine-guns as armament, which is MUCH weaker than what you'll be used to with the Mossie, P51 and P38. It's notoriously difficult to shoot down bombers, which might explain your lack of success. The best thing to do is just aim for the engines or the wing fuel tanks and hope for the best. If you see them start to leak coolant (white smoke) or oil (thin black smoke) then they're as good as dead and you can stop shooting. You're never going to blow the wings or tail off a bomber with the Hurri's .303 MGs. Best case scenario is you'll set it on fire with incendiary rounds.

Hope that helps. I fly the Hurricane almost all the time on ATAG, so if you've got any other questions don't hesitate to shoot.

Edit: Damn it all, Bunny, I didn't see you there!

Raven Morpheus
Dec-17-2014, 08:46
It's worth noting that the speed indicator in the Hurricane has two needles. The big one stops at 240 mph, at which point the small needle continues along the inner ring of numbers that go up to 400 mph. That might explain why you thought you weren't breaking 240 mph (Don't worry, you're not the first person who's fallen prey to that and won't be the last).
!

Nah I noticed that one. Did have it up to 260 at one point but I was in a descent (never checked what I get up to in a dive as I'm too busy looking at other things, like the ground/water coming up at me!). Generally in level flight I don't appear to get above 240 and if I do it's only to about 250.

I'll try the things mentioned so far though.

Silly question, but are the convergences when setting them in the plane options in M or Ft? The default for the Hurricane is 33x.xxx and I usually start shooting when I see the distance on the planes label read about 0.30. I'm guessing I should be closer than that then, although I find the closer I get the less time I have for aiming thus I miss even more!!

Also is there a tutorial for setting the gunsight dials? I dabbled with it yesterday but was a bit lost as to what I was doing!

kopperdrake
Dec-17-2014, 09:36
Damn it all, Bunny, I didn't see you there!

Wish the cloaking device worked against the hun :D

Silly question, but are the convergences when setting them in the plane options in M or Ft? The default for the Hurricane is 33x.xxx and I usually start shooting when I see the distance on the planes label read about 0.30. I'm guessing I should be closer than that then, although I find the closer I get the less time I have for aiming thus I miss even more!!

Also is there a tutorial for setting the gunsight dials? I dabbled with it yesterday but was a bit lost as to what I was doing!

The convergence settings are in meters in the interface, but yards in game - nice and easy eh!?

The default in game is far too long - the Polish found that a closer distance, whilst more dangerous for the pilot, was a lot more effective. 180 yards (200m) is a good compromise I found. In the game setting, where you currently see 33.x.xxx, set it to 200 (meters), and in game, set the gun sights to 180 yards, and all will be good :) For ease set the same for vertical and horizontal, although there are some cracking posts on this forum about staggering the horizontal convergence for a better effect. For example, I used to have my two inner-most guns set at 400 yards convergence, for hitting 109s running away (which is often the case as they know they can outrun a Hurricane). The suprise on their virtual faces is priceless when you get a lucky hit in their radiator from that distance is wonderful, and the two inner guns at 400yards will still do plenty of damage at close quarters as they're quite close to the wing root anyway, so crossover up to convergence is relatively shallow.

Regards a tutorial - this video shows the effects of convergence, and shows the pilot adjusting the two rings you need to adjust in-game to get your convergence distance and wing-span distance:

http://youtu.be/DacyvAuAgbk

I bind four keys on my numeric keypad (they may already be bound by default to be honest), to raise/lower both horizontal convergence and wingspan distance - much easier than cockpit clicking with a mouse :)

Raven Morpheus
Dec-17-2014, 09:42
Thanks. I'll watch that video. I'm guessing I can use my X52 Pro's silver POV hat for the convergence settings, it's doing nothing unless I'm not using my headtracking (Open Track)...

Another silly question, one that I really should have learnt a long long time ago as it also applies in IL2 1946 - what exactly are the values on the plane label in, I've always assumed they're miles or yards, so 1.05 next to the planes name would be something like 1.05 miles?

SorcererDave
Dec-17-2014, 09:45
Nah I noticed that one. Did have it up to 260 at one point but I was in a descent (never checked what I get up to in a dive as I'm too busy looking at other things, like the ground/water coming up at me!). Generally in level flight I don't appear to get above 240 and if I do it's only to about 250.

I'll try the things mentioned so far though.

The convergences in the game are measured in meters I believe, although that can sometimes muddle things up when using the British gunsights since they use yards and feet. 0.30 on the plane labels is 0.3 kilometers, so 300 meters. Convergence is a weird thing that not everybody agrees on. The RAF standard was to set convergence at 400 yards (365 meters), but some pilots set it significantly lower, and some didn't converge all their guns at the same distance. I myself use a kind of "shotgun spread" with my guns, with the highest convergence being about 200 meters and the lowest being 150 meters.

There's no right or wrong answer with convergence, it's simply a matter of trial and error and finding out what works best for you. I tend to get as close as possible before opening fire, but there are plenty of folks who are good at long-distance sniping and deflection shooting.

As for the gunsight, if there is a tutorial somewhere, I don't know of it. I might have a go at doing a video tutorial myself actually, since it's quite easy to demonstrate visually. That said the gunsight is little more than a visual aid when it comes to shooting. You can never touch it once and still shoot effectively.

kopperdrake
Dec-17-2014, 10:00
Another silly question, one that I really should have learnt a long long time ago as it also applies in IL2 1946 - what exactly are the values on the plane label in, I've always assumed they're miles or yards, so 1.05 next to the planes name would be something like 1.05 miles?

As Dave says, the labels are in kilometers, so 1.05 is 1,050 meters away. To be honest, if you plan on flying online it's best to forget the labels and rely on your gunsights - those little yellow bars won't let you down. The only time I ever make use of the distance plane labels is if I'm practicing on a server like AX Dogfight, where they're turned on, and that's only to see which enemy is gaining on me quickest :D

Dave - I don't think there is one - at least not one I've come across. Would be worth doing one and submitting it to Osprey to add to our Flight School page maybe?

Raven, you can find some useful tips in there on landing, taking off, navigation etc

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/flight_school/flight_school.php

Raven Morpheus
Dec-17-2014, 10:23
Thanks.

I use the labels because I play offline and I can't always spot an aircraft, I've only got a 21" monitor in 1080P and it's about 3ft away from me.

They like to make it simple though don't they, I'm thinking in yards (for convergence) but have to convert that to meters!! It's lucky that I know .9 of a meter is 1 yard (or 3 feet, or 36 inches).

Thanks though guys the info given will help a lot.

Osprey
Dec-17-2014, 11:35
You only need to set your convergence and then configure the gunsight accordingly upon attack.

Lads, what's with the percentages? These are nonsense, they may only refer to the distance the lever is pushed along it's axis since a CPS governed engine will constantly change pitch in accordance with airspeed.

For the record, top speed requires 3000 rpm and full boost with a trimmed rad flap position. The game will not let your engine live doing this for long at present. @SL you can get 260mph @6lbs and 290mph @12lbs. It is accurate except for times allowed before popping the rad (which would not pop anyway since there is a pressure release valve in the Hurricane cooling system, the vent for which is modelled)

Serious about Hurricanes? Check my sig.

1lokos
Dec-17-2014, 12:13
Since you have only 14 seconds of fire, dont aim a middle of He 111 and "glue" trigger button, you probable only made then return to base like a Swiss cheese. :)

Aim at engines (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5294&d=1382674375), if you fire under correct distance (the convergence) and set the gunsight horizontal bar gap for 74 fees (He 111 wingspan), you can shoot down many in SP (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5526&d=1383354751) with this 14 second ammo. Shoot in short burst ~1/2 seconds, dont wast ammo.

BTW - Is important set ammo belts properly, the default one is somewhat ineffective. A good example:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6509&p=70149&viewfull=1#post70149

Sokol1

SorcererDave
Dec-17-2014, 12:13
Lads, what's with the percentages? These are nonsense, they may only refer to the distance the lever is pushed along it's axis since a CPS governed engine will constantly change pitch in accordance with airspeed.

http://www.seoboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/implied-facepalm-300x195.jpg

1lokos
Dec-17-2014, 12:15
Lads, what's with the percentages?

Is the years of il-2 "HUD" (and now BoS "technochat"). :D

Raven Morpheus
Dec-17-2014, 12:16
Ok, another silly question - how do I set the boost?

I can't see it in the controls in the options, or in the cockpit.

I've found the Boost Cut Out knob which allows me to go to 110% on throttle though, after I adjusted my throttle axis range top end to 75% so I had some extra play in the throttle at the to end of the axis.

What I have found in the controls options is a toggle key for WEP, and an axis for Throttle WEP.

Nothing marked specifically for boost though other than the BCO key bind.

Assuming boost is in fact WEP how do I use it? Just toggle it or do I have to have an axis set for it? How do I know I'm using WEP? - I just tried toggling it and using a Throttle WEP axis (one of the rotaries on my X52 pro) whilst on the ground in a Hurricane Rotol and I couldn't spot any change.

SorcererDave
Dec-17-2014, 12:23
Nah, WEP is for those nasty German planes. You'll need to find the command labelled "Boost Cut-Out", it should be right under the WEP command. It's in effect the same thing as WEP for the German planes however you have more control over how long you use it instead of it being on a timer like in the 109.

Raven Morpheus
Dec-17-2014, 12:26
Nah, WEP is for those nasty German planes. You'll need to find the command labelled "Boost Cut-Out", it should be right under the WEP command. It's in effect the same thing as WEP for the German planes however you have more control over how long you use it instead of it being on a timer like in the 109.

Yep found the Boost Cut Out. So when kopperdrake says "boost full on" I assume he means pull the Boost Cut Out and put my throttle to max (which will read 110% on the digital readout)?

SorcererDave
Dec-17-2014, 12:27
Yep found the Boost Cut Out. So when kopperdrake says "boost full on" I assume he means pull the Boost Cut Out and put my throttle to 110%?

Yep.

1lokos
Dec-17-2014, 13:15
This WEP button work only for German fighters, and the option to set WEP on axis is useless - seem a unfinished command...

BTW - WEP on button is a wrong il-2'46 "legacy"*, there's no button for this in real Bf 109, emergency power is controlled be throttle lever course. **

For British planes axis controls allow set "100% power" on ~95% of joystick axis course, so the remain ~96-100% is for the "110%" or emergency power (dependent of Boost Cut Out be in ON). :D

* il-2'46 have many "gamey" options... :P

** With joystick software is possible create a "button" to engage WEP on end of joystick throttle axis course.

Sokol1

Raven Morpheus
Dec-17-2014, 15:11
BTW - Is important set ammo belts properly, the default one is somewhat ineffective. A good example:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ll=1#post70149

Ok so next question then, I've done a search but can't find an exact answer and that thread isn't helping me much either...

Can I add loadouts to the single player missions and campaigns (I'm running the RAF/LW Redux campaigns for TF)?

I've seen advice that the only way to change a loadout is to set it in multiplayer. But what about adding a loadout so that I can choose from default (which appears to be rather rubbish and likely some of the reason I'm barely scratching planes) and one or two that I've added myself?

1lokos
Dec-17-2014, 18:29
Can I add loadouts to the single player missions and campaigns (I'm running the RAF/LW Redux campaigns for TF)?

Yes can do this.

In "easy way"? No. :D

I've seen advice that the only way to change a loadout is to set it in multiplayer.

Online is one option, but for SP Quick Mission, if you go to Options > Plane and create there loadout for some plane, SAVE AS using custom names you can use this loadout when play some Quick Mission, selecting this loadout in pop-up menu under plane picture.

The button "Loadout" that appear after hit "Fly" first time (is need hit Fly two times for start a mission) when you select some QM only allow:

- Select skins

- Adjust convergence settings - which will have effect only if you start this mission, but became default until change again be same method - or online.

Maybe because QM are stored in different folder than Single Missions the "Loadout" created in "Plane" is available only for QM...

For Single Mission and Campaign will be need edit mission files (why no "easy way"). :D

This can be done via FMB or in mission text file - the .mis.

For Campaigns has a complicating factor, the FMB dont access Campaign files because they are stored in game directory ...Cliffs of Dover\bob\mission\

FMB only see files inside ...Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions

So, for editing campaign loadout is need copy campaign files (.mis) for this folder (you can create sub-folders there), edit and move back for campaign folder. :stunned:

IMO - Will be more easy know how edit in the .mis text file.

BTW - If someone know a different way to deal with this, please teach us. :thumbsup:

All this... "It's CloD". :)

Sokol1

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-18-2014, 02:42
Please take the time to read the Team Fusion Flight Manuals in the TF Wiki:

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=start

Achieving top speed is a matter of balancing radiator openings with overheat... you won't achieve maximum speed with the rad full open.

But you will quickly overheat your engine if you run it at lower rad openings and full throttle/boost. (these are the same)

Raven Morpheus
Dec-18-2014, 09:35
Thanks Sokol1. I had a play around with various .mis files, the FMB, and the options in-game very late last night and noticed that going to Options>Plane allows you to do what I was looking to do.

It seems that's the only workaround if you want to use custom loadouts in quick missions because I tried editing the Manston attack in the FMB and changing the RAF loadouts and even though it had saved them in the .mis file it still defaulted to the rubbish default loadout.

Osprey
Dec-19-2014, 06:43
The default loadout is, afaik, historically correct. Whether the effectiveness and DM is accurate is something else.

Roblex
Dec-20-2014, 02:44
n the game setting, where you currently see 33.x.xxx, set it to 200 (meters), and in game, set the gun sights to 180 yards, and all will be good

Woah! STOP! This is the wrong way Round!!!!

The game settings are in metres. The gunsight is in yards. 200 yards = 183 metres.

In the screen where you set up convergences for each gun, type in 183 (this is in metres). On your gunsight set 200 (this is in yds)

One nice side effect of using a 200yd convergence is that all the large bombers pretty much fill the gunsight ring at 200yds. The difference between setting the gunsight to 66ft and setting it to 72ft is so small that you may as well not bother. Nobody parks themselves precisely at 200yds, you are always closing, and should be closing fast! Open fire just before the wings touch and you will be, for all practical purposes, at convergence for the Do17, JU88 or He111 sometime over the next 1/2 second. The Bf109 is about half a ring and the JU87 and 110 between the two. I tend to leave mine set to 32ft (109) because I am more likely to be sneaking up slowly on a sleepy 109s low six waiting for the precise range to kill him with one burst than I am with a bomber. If the 109 knows I am there and is taking evasive action then I won't be worrying about getting an exact range anyway.

Raven Morpheus
Dec-20-2014, 12:32
The default loadout is, afaik, historically correct. Whether the effectiveness and DM is accurate is something else.

Well either way the default loadout isn't effective.

The other night, after some reading about what loadouts are effective, I setup my guns with an AP:deWilde:Ball MVII:deWilde:AP loadout and tested it with a Hurricane 100oct on some He111's and I managed to hit one and one or more of the rounds, probably a deWilde, set one of the wings alight. There was a nice dome of flame on top of the wing. I also had enough rounds to get 50% damage on two other He111's and a small % of damage on another. Prior to changing loadouts (and also presumably setting up my gunsight) I was blasting away at 1 He111 and barely scratching it.

However, I'm still not able to get the precise aiming that others seem to get, especially in the youtube videos like the one linked to further up this thread. I can't seem to get the dot of the gunsight on target properly most of the time (with or without a zoomed in view) and/or I come in too fast and don't have time to even line up my gunsight and overshoot the target.

Probably doesn't help that I'm using a Saitek X52 Pro and using the twist axis for rudder...

Add that to the fact that Bombers always seem to know I'm there and start shooting back, BF110s and BF109's also seem to know I'm there (probably because my wingmen are in a dogfight with them already when I arrive) and start diving all over the place I'm still finding gunnery in CoD is not all that easy, less so than IL2 1946. I just don't seem to get into that easy "follow and shoot the hell out of them" position others seem to be able to!

Question - I keep reading that I should set my gunsight to double the convergence I've set in the menus because the game only measures to one side of the gunsight ring from the dot. So if I set 150 in the menus I should set my gunsight to 300 yards because.

Is this correct or did the TF mod correct this?

EDIT - I played around with the sensitivity of my twist rudder axis on my X52 Pro and set it to 25% deadzone and 75% sensitivity, along with trying the gunsight at 400yds (which it's set to by default anyway in the Hurricane Rotol 100oct) and my aim appears to be better, I'm steadier when lining up bombers for one thing and I'm getting more damage and some more kills, providing I can avoid incoming fire...

Definitely think half my problem was the use of an over-sensitive twist axis for rudder. I also think I answered my question about setting the gunsight to x2 what I set in the menu for convergence because I seem to hit more with it at 400 (200 in the loadout menu) than I do with it at 200.

ATAG_Flare
Dec-22-2014, 22:37
Question - I keep reading that I should set my gunsight to double the convergence I've set in the menus because the game only measures to one side of the gunsight ring from the dot. So if I set 150 in the menus I should set my gunsight to 300 yards because.

Is this correct or did the TF mod correct this?

This has been corrected by TF.

TWC_NINja
Dec-26-2014, 21:32
IMO - Will be more easy know how edit in the .mis text file.

BTW - If someone know a different way to deal with this, please teach us. :thumbsup:

Sokol1

Sokol - not sure if this is what you mean...

I do all my loadout testing in single player by editing the .mis files.

The .mis files for Quick Mission are in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\Quick"
The .mis files for Single Mission are in "C:\...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single"

I am not a programmer at all, but this is how I do it, and it works 100% for all single player missions and campaigns... (But I only fly red)

0) Set loadout in the game. If you want to save it, you can. Just make sure it's the active loadout. When you're happy, exit CloD.

1) Open up the .mis file that you want to edit in a text editing program and you'll see something like the text below... (The example is the "007 - Dogfight - Even - Low Level.mis" from Quick Mission, with my loadout shown in red)

2) Since I fly red, I'll insert my loadout for the Spitty. I copy the belt settings (set up in step 0 above) from the user.ini file located in C:\...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD and paste the 8 lines of belt settings just above the line that says "Weapons 1" under the SpitfireMkIa. (Hope this line makes sense)

3) THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT You must capitalize the "b" in the word "belt" or the loadout will not work and you'll still have the default. If you look at the example below, the block of text that has my loadout have the capitalized "Belt" word. (The user.ini file used by the game saves the loadout with a lower case "b". )

4) Save the .mis file after pasting in your belt settings and capitalizing the "B" in "Belt".

5) Launch the "007 - Dogfight - Even - Low Level" Quick Mission in single player and your Spitty will now have the new loadout. And it works even if you change the plane to a IIa, or Hurrie.

Hope this works for you too.

TWC_Ninja

[PARTS]
core.100
bob.100
[MAIN]
MAP Land$English_Channel_1940
BattleArea 25000 10000 300000 300000 50000
TIME 9
WeatherIndex 2
CloudsHeight 700
BreezeActivity 10