PDA

View Full Version : RAAF WWII Spitfire Pilot Finally Laid to Rest

MOHAWK
Apr-21-2012, 18:43
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/raaf-spitfire-pilot-finally-buried-in-france/story-e6frfku0-1226333843888 ---- AND--- http://spitfiresite.com/2011/12/circus-168-in-memory-of-sergeant-william-j-smith.html

Dutch
Apr-21-2012, 19:12
Thanks for posting this Mohawk.

Very moving.

R.I.P.

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-21-2012, 19:29
Wow

makes you wonder how many more are out there ??? never to have any closure

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-21-2012, 19:43
Still amazed how accurate and realistic this sim is

Location of the spitfire:

Doc
Apr-21-2012, 20:13
I hate we have have to lose such men.

R.I.P.

Doc

Tvrdi
Apr-22-2012, 04:17

He found his peace.

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-22-2012, 08:35
Good post, Mohawk. Thanks for the photo, Tvrdi.

R.I.P.

Snapper

ATAG_Septic
Apr-22-2012, 09:14
Gone but not forgotten.

Septic.

MOHAWK
Apr-22-2012, 11:49
I had an idea for the short clip movie makers ? I thought this would make for a good clip and a respectful salute to (Sergent William James Smith ) at the same time . heres the plan -- someone makes in the - FMB- COD map at the town of (Cassel) which Knuckes has pointed out for us in the pic (above post ) at the site of the downed Spit , a 21 gun salute type ceremony , or the proper Australian procedures for this (Salute).. with lots of correct ground objects and placement order , ect.ect . and as the guns are fireing the salute, a low flyby of Spits in missing man formation , fly down the line of Artillery .....Please dont think Iam being Petty here , I would like to think that if Sergent Williams could see this ? it would bring a smile to his face ( A SALUTE FROM THE ATAG BUNCH ) ---Just thought i would throw this out there ??.(Goose Bumps Anybody) ??

MOHAWK
Apr-22-2012, 11:54
forgot to mention , I would do this myself if I knew anything about the Movie / clip makeing , But I do not , so all i can do is make a suggestion ....

Doc
Apr-22-2012, 11:56
its not petty. its been done before. just need to take the time in fmb and get it setup. just make the mission and place the cameras. upload here.

:hpyclp:

Dutch
Apr-22-2012, 15:34
Mohawk, if you upload the mission here, it'd be a pleasure.

It would also be interesting to compare different people's edits.

Plus if you'd like any particular music adding to it, feel free to suggest some. I've a good download source for both period popular and classical stuff. :dthumb:

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-22-2012, 17:25
Great Idea: I actually did something similar back when flying "Fighter Ace" One of our members died and the whole fighter ace community got together on a specific date, whent "Guns cold" as we called it, and all flew together once around the map.
Goose bumps, oh yeah.

If there is a way to make a multiplayer map that can have "outside views" we could all join in a have someone film (Dutch)

I wish I still had the film of that flyover (Lost over the years) because the pilot was an older lady (yeah wierd for a flying sim) she was in her 70s and had a stoke

went by the name of Ramper:

Dutch
Apr-22-2012, 18:24
P.S.

If you'd rather I designed the mission in FMB, PM me with what you think should be involved/present.

I've some ideas already, but some of the detail you mention would need to be pointed out to me!

Cheers!