PDA

View Full Version : How do I 'lock' gunner positions in bombers in multiplay?

heinkill
Dec-18-2014, 13:36
Am just about to give up BoS multiplay because I fly exclusively IL2, PE2, Stuka or He111.

It was ok at the start but now, whenever I get into the air, whatever server I am in, some mental five year old jumps into the gunner position in my machine and shoots my tail or wing off.

I read somewhere it is possible to 'lock' the gunner position - anyone know how? If I can't work this out I will be giving up entirely due to these d*cks.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-18-2014, 13:40
You mean unlock?

:) sorry, I couldn't resist

LuseKofte
Dec-18-2014, 13:55
I have heard about it, but never encountered it. They say in BOS forum it is possible I never checked it out. I fly the same planes as you do all the time, but I fly only Expert servers and DED or Syndicate. I find the flyers there to be as dedicated as here. Never had any problems

1lokos
Dec-18-2014, 15:30
Well, mix: a flight game that target "FPS players" + bad game design decisions, e.g. turret places open and bomb fuses OFF by default & 1800KG bombs... + servers "dogfights" minded .... :devilish:

But in this case you have luck, after select the plane and hit FLY, on runway hit ESC and select GUNNER STATIONS, click on box on top to lock turret position (you see a RED padlook - whitout need to "unlock" then offline). :)

BTW - To see how do this I join a "F4A" MP server, and on runway in Stuka gunner position engage a vulching Yak-1 and shoot then down with a ~1 second burst. 7,62mm in this game is more dangerous that Darth Vader laser saber. :D

Sokol1

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Dec-18-2014, 16:22
Yeah you have to use the escape menu. We've been asking in RoF for them to make it locked by default, but of coarse that would take .5 seconds of programming so you have to race to lock your gunner seat before a 5 year old hops in.

heinkill
Dec-18-2014, 16:33
Well, mix: a flight game that target "FPS players" + bad game design decisions, e.g. turret places open and bomb fuses OFF by default & 1800KG bombs... + servers "dogfights" minded .... :devilish:

But in this case you have luck, after select the plane and hit FLY, on runway hit ESC and select GUNNER STATIONS, click on box on top to lock turret position (you see a RED padlook - whitout need to "unlock" then offline). :)

BTW - To see how do this I join a "F4A" MP server, and on runway in Stuka gunner position engage a vulching Yak-1 and shoot then down with a ~1 second burst. 7,62mm in this game is more dangerous that Darth Vader laser saber. :D

Sokol1

Once again Sokky... Thanks!

LuseKofte
Dec-19-2014, 04:20
Thanks I did not know that :)

Logan
Dec-24-2014, 13:26
Once again Sokky... Thanks!
It may be like ROF, there is a bug in there that you lock the gunners and re plane for the next mission the stations will show locked but they are not. You must unlock and re lock each flight or the team killing Squeakers will be able to get in.