PDA

View Full Version : Desastersoft campaign ...again

selev
Dec-19-2014, 15:23
Hi, i hope someone can help with yet another, but similar Desastersoft campaign problem.

My CLOD install is modded to the latest Team Fusion mod v 4...

I have Desastersofts Wick v Dundas and F.A Galland installed, i have copied the appropriate folders into the MOD folder as per DS FAQ (mission and skin folders copied to MOD folder).

I started the campaigns and they both worked, BUT, after the first mission there was no campaign/mission progression, i would only get the "leave campaign" or "refly mission" options.

I then updated both the DS campaigns using the updater, after applying the updater bugfix.

On re-start i could not get past the "desastersoft campaign" heading on CLOD'S start up menu, the screen would darken and nothing would load.

So, the two main problems are, no mission progression in any campaign, before update, and no playable campaign at all after update.

My understanding is that DS had fixed the problem, when you use the updater, and apart from copying the mission and skins folder it should all work.

I have searched and have found on this forum that there have been a lot of similar problems like this in the past but not this one, i have tried the various fix's suggested but, to date i cannot get the installs to work, can someone point me in the right direction please ?

DennydD
Dec-19-2014, 16:15
I had the same problem after the last update. I fixed it with a reinstall. Unfortunately this was the only way to recover it. You can try deleting the .../steam/SteamApps/common/Il2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover/parts/desastersoft/PSCampaign.dll
and then update again. It will download this file again. This is the main distribution file. But it didn't work for me.
Next step would be to deinstall the addons and reinstall them. They must work after this. (check it in game) Then update, run the game, check, update and so on. If this fails you might try saving a working PSCampaign.dll and replace the non working one.

Hope this helps.

cheers
DennydD

selev
Dec-20-2014, 05:23
Ok DennydD,

Thank you for your reply, i will give all your suggestions a go and let you know how i get on, it won't be for a while due to xmas ... and by the way HAPPY XMAS!! ...:thumbsup:

selev
Jan-18-2015, 07:34
DennyD,
No luck with that fix i'm afraid, thanks for the tip though, onwards and upwards, if i find a fix i'll post back here...