PDA

View Full Version : Desastersoft Channel Missions - waypoint questions

GunSlingerAUS
Dec-21-2014, 06:24
Hey guys

I've been getting into the new Desastersoft Channel Missions, and have a couple of questions about successfully completing missions. Here goes:

1.) Until I get better at navigating, I'm using the map with on-map icons and waypoints. When looking at the map, a line extends from my aircraft icon to the closest way point - is there a way to select the next way point, or does it just switch automatically based on range?
2.) On one of the missions, I get about half way through the way points before all hell breaks loose and my squadron gets separated, with many of my friendlies gunning it straight back to the German coast. If I do the same I get a fail message - do I need to successfully overfly every way point designated by the mission builder for the game to recognise that I've beaten the mission?
3.) Can I beat a mission even if I'm separated from my squadron, or do I need to stay close to them to satisfy a victory condition?

Any advice would help - apologies if I don't reply immediately, as I'm heading over to Germany (Munich)/France (Paris) for Christmas holidays, returning in 3 weeks. While I'm mentioning, are there any awesome military museums I should check out? Thanks guys!

Holger_081
Dec-21-2014, 08:49
1) I think it was possible earlier, but it is nomore.
2) Yes. There could be an exception when the line from your aircraft already connects you with your air base.
3) It's even often necessary for success to stay alone and fight while the squadron is leaving. This is sometimes very hard when you are alone. I think the behaviour of the AI is still not perfect. :recon:

DennydD
Dec-21-2014, 08:53
1.) Until I get better at navigating, I'm using the map with on-map icons and waypoints. When looking at the map, a line extends from my aircraft icon to the closest way point - is there a way to select the next way point, or does it just switch automatically based on range?

It switches automatically depending on the radius the mission designer sets.

2.) On one of the missions, I get about half way through the way points before all hell breaks loose and my squadron gets separated, with many of my friendlies gunning it straight back to the German coast. If I do the same I get a fail message - do I need to successfully overfly every way point designated by the mission builder for the game to recognise that I've beaten the mission?

Depends on the mission success script. In your case you should stick to the mission describtion. If it says "patrol points" you need to fly to certain points on the map. If it tells you a different victory condition you have to obtain it. DS missions hardly have objectives that include reaching waypoints. In your case it rather sounds like you didn't meet the particular victory condition till the timeout.

3.) Can I beat a mission even if I'm separated from my squadron, or do I need to stay close to them to satisfy a victory condition?

Till the small Mölders-Campaign there was no way to track your position versus the position of your flight in terms of a victory condition. I suppose this wasn't changed.
To make a long story short: No you dont need to stay with your flight to meet the victory condition.

cheers
DennydD

EDIT:
Holger was a tad faster. :D

Regarding No.2 it is true that you need to land on the right airfield otherwise you loose certain missions (usually the transfer ones) or you get a penalty.