PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots from the "UNOBTAINABLE" G7 Target

III./ZG76_Chasing Fear
Apr-22-2012, 18:48
Fellas,

Here is what I saw at the G7 target tonight.

BTW, Thanks for the help with our issues Tonka :thumbsup:

-Fear

Edit: Sorry about the typo in the thread title! Does anyone know how to fix it?

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-22-2012, 18:59
Great screenshots, C-F.

(Did a quick edit of thread title; is it what you wanted?)

ATAG_Colander
Apr-22-2012, 19:05
What I saw after landing (and being chewed by bofors)

FBM closeup of the target (trigger selected on the left):

Dutch
Apr-22-2012, 19:16
Sorry chaps, but what are we supposed to be looking at here?

Is this a conversation already started elsewhere?

Which server? Which Mission? What's your point?

Thanks. :happy

ATAG_Colander
Apr-22-2012, 19:20
Dutch,

The Conversation was started on TS about the targets that seem to be "undestroyable".

We are just exchanging information trying to understand why they are like that.

Colander.

III./ZG76_Chasing Fear
Apr-22-2012, 19:22
Dutch,

We were having a lot of difficulty in taking down the G7 target. Multiple bombers reported good hits and burning vehicles, but it seemed everyone saw something different. This is just some evidence/feedback as we try to sort this out.

-Fear

Dutch
Apr-22-2012, 19:23
Ah. Ok thanks. Have we got another 'undestroyable target' then?

III./ZG76_Chasing Fear
Apr-22-2012, 20:01
Still up for debate ... but probably not. We finally beat it when Mohawk destroyed one of the vehicles inside the buildings. But up until that point, everyone was seeing different visual representations and we just couldn't seem to luck into hitting the right vehicle.

-Fear

Doc
Apr-22-2012, 20:22
Very nice screenshot by the way.

Tonka
Apr-22-2012, 20:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sdqDpxAyQ&feature=youtu.be

Here is a video of the target finally being destroyed

Up until that point, a number of different tanks from the rows shown in the video were on fire, and others said they had seen them destroyed earlier, but they were not damaged at all at the end of the map.

The point of this being that sometimes some targets seem to fall with 1 or 2 bombs, and sometimes they require a lot more to trigger the target. This seems to happen more often with targets which have buildings inside hangars, such as the Fuel Depot and this G7.4 target.

Is it possible that some vehicles are re-spawning, or do the visual models revert to a clean object after so many minutes on fire, instead of keeping the burnt object visible?

It's not a big deal, and may be something fixed by the mythical patch, but Keller and I were in agreement that it gets a bit annoying having to keep going back and forth to the same target when there is one of these un-destroyable ones as an objective.

Could someone in the know take a look at the objectives on the servers and give us an idea of the triggers on each mission so further testing can be done please?

Cheers!

Wolf
Apr-22-2012, 23:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sdqDpxAyQ&feature=youtu.be

Here is a video of the target finally being destroyed

Up until that point, a number of different tanks from the rows shown in the video were on fire, and others said they had seen them destroyed earlier, but they were not damaged at all at the end of the map.

The point of this being that sometimes some targets seem to fall with 1 or 2 bombs, and sometimes they require a lot more to trigger the target. This seems to happen more often with targets which have buildings inside hangars, such as the Fuel Depot and this G7.4 target.

Is it possible that some vehicles are re-spawning, or do the visual models revert to a clean object after so many minutes on fire, instead of keeping the burnt object visible?

It's not a big deal, and may be something fixed by the mythical patch, but Keller and I were in agreement that it gets a bit annoying having to keep going back and forth to the same target when there is one of these un-destroyable ones as an objective.

Could someone in the know take a look at the objectives on the servers and give us an idea of the triggers on each mission so further testing can be done please?

Cheers!

Hi, there are a couple of missions in rotaion on the server. You need to tell us which mission you were playing. It says in the breifing screen.

ChannelDawn
RedvBlue1.x

I don't think it was RedvBlue as when the objective is complete there are a couple more messages that show up. Either way need to know which mission. Then we can check the coding on GroundAIdestroyed to see if there is a time limit to remove damaged vehicles.

But It could be graphics issue as Static objects when I have destroyed them at that target go on fire and burn out and stay that way.

Also the trigegr for that target may not be set as I have it. I think it is set across the entire area to destroy a %. So you have to destroy vehicles in the buildings not the row of tanks or atleast all the tanks in that row and some of the buildings to get the %.

hope this all helps or confuses you so much that you give up asking ;) :bgsmile:

ATAG_Colander
Apr-22-2012, 23:38
Hi, there are a couple of missions in rotaion on the server. You need to tell us which mission you were playing. It says in the breifing screen.

ChannelDawn
RedvBlue1.x

ChannelDawn1 (the first one)

Doc
Apr-23-2012, 00:01
Sometimes you will see screen messages "Scramble" after you have been in the air for sometime.

Wolf
Apr-23-2012, 01:50
Sometimes you will see screen messages "Scramble" after you have been in the air for sometime.

LOL yes I am aware of that one Doc. Will find and destroy that code. I think it is not set to player. :pouting: