PDA

View Full Version : CH intermittently non-responsive throttle quadrant

Old_Canuck
Apr-22-2012, 18:49
A new glitch now that the others are under control: CH throttle quadrant sometimes does not respond. Slide them back and forth and eventually they start working again. I tried changing USB ports and now have it connected directly to the computer with no change to the action or inaction. Rebooted many times, went back to default sensitivies (no dead zone etc.) deleted Steam cache, ran dot netfix, danced around the cpu with no clothes on pounding a drum and howled at the moon but it's still not working right.

Might just wait for the patch like many others are doing already.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Apr-22-2012, 19:26
I am having a similar issue with my CH throttle quad. It happens every few days where I'll hear the windows sound like a device was removed and then the quad stops responding. Bit of a problem when you have throttle, pitch, rads, trim, etc all assigned to it. I figured out if I hit escape and go to the controls screen quick and move an axis it will work again in game without having to exit. I've tried different USB ports and changed Windows power options to make sure it wasn't disabling devices as power saving feature. Not sure what else to try and was about to email CH.

Old_Canuck
Apr-22-2012, 20:04
This too will be solved I'm sure. While I feel empathy for you, notafinger, it's strangley comforting to know there's someone out there with the same problem. It's not a mechanical problem BTW. The quad works fine in IL2 46. Have you checked your controller in another sim?

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Apr-22-2012, 20:44
Is yours not working at all or it stops working in game like mine? Do you hear the windows sound when yours stops responding? I've gone days maybe even a week between occurences but then it will happen twice in the same sortie.

ATAG_Deacon
Apr-22-2012, 21:23
I have not had those issues with mine. However I usually will re-calibrate it at least once a week.

Old_Canuck
Apr-22-2012, 21:56
Is yours not working at all or it stops working in game like mine? Do you hear the windows sound when yours stops responding? I've gone days maybe even a week between occurences but then it will happen twice in the same sortie.

Mine stops working in game then it starts after sliding the lever a few times. There could be Windows sound but my hearing is not the best. Deacon do you calibrate yours with CH software or through windows? Recalibrating once a week sounds like a good method.

Old_Canuck
Apr-23-2012, 12:26
[QUOTE=ATAG_Old_Canuck;11605.... Deacon do you calibrate yours with CH software or through windows? Recalibrating once a week sounds like a good method.[/QUOTE]

In game right? I might be getting too old for this :blush!:

ATAG_Deacon
Apr-23-2012, 13:22
Mine stops working in game then it starts after sliding the lever a few times. There could be Windows sound but my hearing is not the best. Deacon do you calibrate yours with CH software or through windows? Recalibrating once a week sounds like a good method.

I calibrate using CH Manager. That is the only thing I use it for...all other control settings are done in game.

Old_Canuck
Apr-23-2012, 14:04
I calibrate using CH Manager. That is the only thing I use it for...all other control settings are done in game.

Ok .. thx. Will download CH Manager. Didn't have much use for it before with '46. BTW, the problem seems to be happening in offline mode. Tested both sides of the channel online today and no problem.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Apr-23-2012, 16:07
If it's only happening to you offline then check your realism settings to make sure you don't have anthropomorphic controls enabled. It's there to prevent you from using multiple controls at once like an octopus but it's bugged and will just freeze your throttle quad.

MajorBorris
Apr-23-2012, 16:19
My ch stuff will decide to have 1 button not work somtimes or 1 whole joy, it's rare but not that rare and if I restart the ch software that works mostly but somtimes I have to reboot my o.s.

Old_Canuck
Apr-23-2012, 17:52
Good answers all. Will check anthromorphic settings also.

EDIT: solved! it was anthromorphic settings causing the problem for anyone else out there who is having the same problem offline. Thanks again notafinger