PDA

View Full Version : First Flight with the F86

ATAG_Endless
Dec-24-2014, 06:30
Flying the F86 is like going to the moon compared to the old ww2 birds can't wait to learn more about it is actually quite surprising how nimble it is

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-24-2014, 06:44
It's pretty cool, isn't it? I took her for a spin yesterday too. After getting used to the DCS WWII birds, the Sabre is like child's play at least as far as dynamics are concerned. Take off and landing are rather easy comparably. I got a bit overwhelmed with the sight though. Too many buttons and a radar? :)

Next I'll try the complete start up procedure. Sure lots of buttons in the cockpit.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Dec-24-2014, 07:10
I don't know about no radar :recon: but I too have just begun to explore the Sabre after owning it for quite a while. Being a first gen jet after the pinacle of piston fighter technology makes it one of the few jets you can actually dogfight with (and still see your opponent). I like it and have already pre ordered the fearsome Mig 15. :thumbsup:

9./JG52_J-HAT
Dec-24-2014, 07:46
It's not a real radar actually.
The gunsight acquires the target which is closest to the sight when it's electrically caged (button on the throttle). It then locks on to this target and calculates the range to estimate lead when you release caging. The red light next to the sight indicates that and the sight floats on the "hud". You have a reset button too which will unlock the target and allow you to lock on the next one.

Or something like that.

Foul Ole Ron
Dec-24-2014, 18:16
The radar gunsight works very well in the Sabre. Can see why the Soviets were so keen to try and grab a sample to copy.

There's a nice cockpit mod as well here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/847168/

Adds a bit more of a weathered look which I like anyway. Also I've replaced the crud and grime Belsimtek added to the canopy in the last release. Contacts are hard enough to spot as is and the addition was maybe a bit overdone. This thread has the details about which file to replace: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135195