PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks into fighting on CLOD....two questions

leadhitter
Dec-24-2014, 09:29
I've learned the hard way you can't fight if you can't navigate. I've looked at the map waaaayy more than I've pulled the trigger. But that's what I like about this game.....ultra realism. Just listening on TeamSpeak has helped a ton.

So...I bought the Track IR and been working on tweaking it's settings. Not sure if it's related, but now about half my keyboard functions immediately stop the game and minimize it to my Windows bar. For example, my brake button (B) no longer brakes but takes me out of the game. Many others like that. Any relation to TrackIR or did I jack up the keyboard somehow?

Secondly, I've flown the Spit exclusively so far.....any tips on how you guys trim your aircraft? I'm ok at it but would love to know what controls you use and if there's a better way.

Thanks......and Merry Christmas.

Parker in Louisiana.

Roblex
Dec-24-2014, 09:39
I use TrackIr and I am not familiar with that problem. I cannot see how it cause you to go to desktop just by pressing 'B'

I trim the spit using rotary controls on my joystick (X52) Before I got that I had a joystick with two throttles used the second throttle lever for vertical trim and key presses for rudder trim. Using Axis controls for vertical trim is not perfect as it is difficult to get precise settings but there are no problems with rudder trim. I just find it better to be able to trim the elevators quickly instead of making multiple keypresses in combat.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-24-2014, 09:43
Hi leadhitter,

When you say "out of the game" can you ALT+TAB back in or does the game dies completely?

If your issue started with TIR, I would suggest uninstalling it and trying again. If it still happens, then is not TIR related, if it doesn't, then we at least narrowed it down to something TIR related.

Ohms
Dec-24-2014, 09:46
Hi Leadhitter

Sounds like you have some key conflicts that's all, just double check. I use my hat switch on my joystick for elevator and rudder trim. The spit and hurri do not have aileron trim so you have to find the sweet spot(airspeed) to control the aircraft in roll. Merry Christmas and see you in the air.:thumbsup: Just read colanders advice, he is smart so do what he said just to narrow it down.

leadhitter
Dec-24-2014, 11:05
The game doesn't die completely. Once back to my desktop screen I click the minimized tab and it goes right back to the cockpit. Based on the fact that some mapped buttons still work....my thought was to clear out all the mapped settings and start over. Bad idea?