PDA

View Full Version : Alernate menus and backgrounds.

Markie
Dec-26-2014, 17:50
Hi, firstly these are for those who are developing add-ons and upgrades for the game within Team Fusion and who have the special coding installed that gives you the "@mods" folder. Otherwise it won't work. There are six sets to choose from so you don't get too bored. The two main files are of a silhouetted Bf110 against a dusky sky which is the background to "Warning" about epilepsy when you start up game. The second is a picture appropriately of the Cliffs of Dover with the iconic Battle of Britain plane the Spitfire, well...spitting fire. The main menu sits atop of this. There is another file of the BF110 and then five different scenarios that get rotated amongst the 28 quick mission screens after you make a selection and wait for loading to take place. The downloaded files (8) in each set replace the 8 in the "background" Folder.

So, select the folder you like (There are picture examples of the sets included), unzip to wherever (Desktop perhaps) or straight into "background" folder to replace existing files. To be safe you could save existing files somewhere else before doing this, although these are mod files and the defaults should still load up with nothing in this folder.
On my computer the folder is found through these pathways:
Local Disk C: / ILCOD / SteamApps / common / IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover / @mods / $core / GUI / background

These are a collection of many of my screenshots. They are saturated and a little dark, my monitor is not the best for colour at the moment (On the blink!) but still I think O.K.
Please enjoy.

P.S. The scenes depicted do not match those of the respective missions, with rotation of screenshots I could not work out how to do this. Obviously if you get the gist of the numbering and download all the sets you can mix and match to create your own combination too. Just rename and renumber new set of 8 and replace those in "background" folder. Created a new word, alernate for the English language, sorry for typo.

FZG_Immel
Jan-01-2015, 10:43
That looks cool :) will try it as soon as I get home again :)

Thank you !

Lupus
Jan-01-2015, 12:52
Any way for those of us not involved in the development of TF to get access to the splash screens? I've got a file that I can use to randomly change your splash screen before you launch the game. Then it will launch your TrackIR, Steam, and finally IL-2 CloD.

Markie
Jan-01-2015, 14:54
There may well be however I can only change them through the Mods Folder that developers have. Not at my computer with the game installed at the moment to check. What I have done here is merely a start and I am sure others can jump in with their suggestions and sets to really ramp things up. There is no doubt that the menu items are very important to giving an overall impression and authenticity to game. These are not photos of the war or paintings or drawings of the time but screenshots from the game itself. While waiting for a mission to load you are enticed by the sort of adventures that can be had. An absolute necessity!

Lupus
Jan-01-2015, 15:14
I've looked through the relevant directories and I can't seem to locate where the splash screen may be stored at, although I did find the music, so I can make a mod that will change that for you at each launch. Although, with copyright laws I'd have to just create the skeleton of that mod and leave it up to the individual user to populate their music folder with what they want as options.

1lokos
Jan-01-2015, 18:55
If you want see these backgrounds in game, need a "vanila" (STEAM version - no TF MOD) install*, and Keygets.dll (http://www.kegetys.fi/category/gaming/modarchive/)
to be able to load then as "mod".

* You can have various CLOD installs be just cut and past the "vanila" from STEAM folder.

Lupus
Jan-01-2015, 19:35
If you want see these backgrounds in game, need a "vanila" (STEAM version - no TF MOD) install*, and Keygets.dll (http://www.kegetys.fi/category/gaming/modarchive/)
to be able to load then as "mod".

* You can have various CLOD installs be just cut and past the "vanila" from STEAM folder.

Yeah, but then I'd be flying without TF and that's not worth playing.

1lokos
Jan-01-2015, 19:47
This way (the only) is just to see how they look in game. :D

The original game come with some in game pictures (retouched) as background, but this was heavily criticized in "Bananas'drama" forum.

Lupus
Jan-01-2015, 19:57
This way (the only) is just to see how they look in game. :D

The original game come with some in game pictures (retouched) as background, but this was heavily criticized in "Bananas'drama" forum.

I see. Well, the mod I would build would basically have a folder you could stick pictures in of your choice that it would cycle through. Same sort of thing as the dashpic mod I posted earlier. Simply put, it would be a .cmd file that would change the splash screens prior to launching the game by picking at random an image file from a single folder, then over writing the image that the game used for it's splash screen. I don't have enough knowledge of the game to insert code into the game itself to call the .cmd file that would change the splash screen during the game. And I'm not sure if it only loads that image once into memory or if it calls it each time before it displays it.

Markie
Jan-02-2015, 21:36
I'll look into your Launcher/Dashpics upgrade when convenient. Presently at workplace. The music files I have done before and presented some sets to download to rotate each time you start. There are enough so that by the time you've been around the circuit the first one sounds fresh again e.g. 50 music files.

zionid
Jan-09-2015, 11:06
To be able to create personal menu images might seem like nothing to some, but like some of you have mentioned, it makes a lot of difference in setting the correct mood and atmosphere. I love the current artwork by Roen911 currently featured- I just cannot stand the main menu and would desperately like to have it changed.

If something like this could be made available for us commoners (Like the dashpics) it would be greatly apprieciated.

1lokos
Jan-09-2015, 11:36
Markie,

How about leave some "cosmetic" MOD options accessible for players?

For example, il-2 FB has the radio messages in i18n folder acessible, what allow players to localized translations (I did in ~2003).

Latter the "MOD'ers" leave accessible the files needed to translate all GUI, and a group did this and recorded voice files in our language.

A CLoD example: a guy from my country did a nice CloD GUI translation for Portuguese:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10750

I ask for ability do use this and ability to change menu backgrounds, like this done by OP. Or what are allowed in il-2'46 original and MOD.

I know that some text files are "sensible", but ones like i18n, background... outside encrypted files can't be used as cheater, not represent "unfair advantage" for no one,
just improve the players enjoyment.

Sokol1