PDA

View Full Version : Outside aircraft view movement

ATAG_Torian
Dec-27-2014, 02:48
When I hit F2 to get outside view neither TrackIR or mouse work to view around aircraft. All that works is zoom in and out.
What do I need to set to get outside view movement functioning ?

xvii-Hardegen
Dec-27-2014, 05:31
Select a key for the independent view in game options menu (Visual Settings).
Then when in game press on time the key you have assigned for the independent view.You'll notice that the pointing arrow will disappear and you should be able to look around just moving the mouse ;)

ATAG_Torian
Dec-27-2014, 07:07
Select a key for the independent view in game options menu (Visual Settings).
Then when in game press on time the key you have assigned for the independent view.You'll notice that the pointing arrow will disappear and you should be able to look around just moving the mouse ;)

Are u referring to Battle of Stalingrad ?
There is no "Visual Settings" menu. There is only the "Settings" menu and then inside the "Controls" menu the only options for views are in "Camera Controls". F2 gets the outside view but it is fixed in one place with only the the zoom in and out working.

ATAG_Torian
Dec-27-2014, 07:31
OK "Rotate camera left/right" at least gets u moving around in the horizontal.

Arthursmedley
Dec-27-2014, 07:47
Torian; I have rotate camera left/right assigned to mouse X axis and move camera up/down to mouse Y axis. I have camera zoom assigned to mouse wheel. I don't think you can rotate external camera on trackir axis like in Maddox games set up. At least I haven't.

In the pilot head controls I also have "pilot head zoom" set to mouse wheel and below that "pilot head zoom in" and "pilot head zoom out" set to the pov hat on my stick.

If you find the motion blur effect.....tiresome....uncheck the "cinematic box" in camera mode.

ATAG_Torian
Dec-27-2014, 12:22
Thx Arthur,
Could't get the mouse to work independently. Had to bind a key with the mouse to get it to work.
Yes TrackIR doesn't work in F2 view. At least I can look around the aircraft now.
The controls setup is not overly intuitive. Seems silly how they have some of it set up and no clickable cockpit....what are they thinking !?!?

dburne
Dec-27-2014, 15:53
Unfortunately BOS does not support Track IR in external views.

LuseKofte
Dec-28-2014, 11:12
I think they choose to disable TrackIr from outside view, personally I prefer using the mouse anyway in that view.
In full realism it is not a option, most people here I think choose to fly full realism. It is no good thing getting a label when you are new for all to see , nowhere to hide. I recommend full realism. Get a watch with you to take time while navigating, it is hard flying just after landmark. Navigation is harder on bos than cod.

xvii-Hardegen
Dec-28-2014, 11:41
Are u referring to Battle of Stalingrad ?

Sorry my fault I didn't noted that this was the BOS forums...sorry...the age begins to be felt... :)

dburne
Dec-28-2014, 13:02
I think they choose to disable TrackIr from outside view, personally I prefer using the mouse anyway in that view.
In full realism it is not a option, most people here I think choose to fly full realism. It is no good thing getting a label when you are new for all to see , nowhere to hide. I recommend full realism. Get a watch with you to take time while navigating, it is hard flying just after landmark. Navigation is harder on bos than cod.

No, they chose not to implement Track IR in exterior view, to disable it they would have to had it implemented in exterior view - they did not do it for ROF, and did not for BOS ( even though folks were asking for it).

LuseKofte
Dec-29-2014, 07:37
Well Let me put it this way, it is a good thing they did, TrackIr is good for looking from the center and out, it is rubbish for looking into the center of a ball.
I understand perfectly why they did it

dburne
Dec-29-2014, 11:34
Well Let me put it this way, it is a good thing they did, TrackIr is good for looking from the center and out, it is rubbish for looking into the center of a ball.
I understand perfectly why they did it

So because you think external view with Track IR is rubbish it should not be available for anyone?

Hood
Dec-29-2014, 14:59
So because you think external view with Track IR is rubbish it should not be available for anyone?

He says he understands why they did it. It's a leap to get to your suggestion.

Hood

LuseKofte
Dec-29-2014, 17:02
Thx Hood, that was what I meant, I just remember why I stopped post anything in this forum. I get sprayed immediately

TheVino3
Dec-29-2014, 21:52
He says he understands why they did it. It's a leap to get to your suggestion.

Hood

I think the issue was more with this part of his comment:

Well Let me put it this way, it is a good thing they did,

Why is it a good thing to limit options?

Hood
Dec-30-2014, 05:36
I think the issue was more with this part of his comment:

Why is it a good thing to limit options?

It's a funny question to ask if that was truly the issue.

It can be good to limit options as it simplifies technical support and it provides a level playing field for everyone.

Is it a good idea? Maybe, but that's from a developer's perspective. Do people really need all of the options? I don't know but I'm one of the people that can just put it on ultra and have fantastic frame rates, so it doesn't bother me.

Just like the ME and dserver I'd have allowed access to everything but on the proviso that if you stray outside the pre-sets you get no support until the full game is done.

Hood

Skoshi_Tiger
Dec-30-2014, 07:34
I don't know but I'm one of the people that can just put it on ultra and have fantastic frame rates, so it doesn't bother me.

Hood

Wow!

LuseKofte
Dec-30-2014, 09:11
IT is a big fuzz for a feature you anyway do not have on full realistic servers and it is just one of those big problems made just for making them. What good is it to push F2 and see your plane from front back and have to turn you head in weird angles to get other views. I push F 10 to get mouse at once I bail out in cod.
It is very typical in this section to blow up every tiny bit of a minor thing.
And I tell you this mr VINO I get it you do not like me. You put every thing I write under a spelling control. But this is ridiculous .
Any serious flier here fly full realism, you do not get the chance to have outside view. Boy you even put my writing in bold. wtf

dburne
Dec-30-2014, 10:04
Luse, you seriously should stop playing the victim here, just because someone disagrees with your views. I certainly was not attacking you in any way, just disagreeing with your point of view - and that's ok. Same as you can disagree with mine.

Be happy, external Track IR views are not currently implemented in BOS, and likely never will be.
I just fail to see, why those that do not care to have that option available, would be so against having it available for those that would like it... after all for multiplayer it would be a server controlled option, not everyone flies multiplayer.

Many flight sims have that ability, external views controlled by Track IR, and for me I like having that ability.

TheVino3
Dec-30-2014, 20:57
And I tell you this mr VINO I get it you do not like me. You put every thing I write under a spelling control. But this is ridiculous .
Any serious flier here fly full realism, you do not get the chance to have outside view. Boy you even put my writing in bold. wtf

Ok, take a deep breath. There's no sense that I don't like you, I just disagree with a few things you say - as I am sure you disagree with a few things I say, as dburne says.

You can't just cry foul whenever someone disagrees with an opinion you have. You aren't being victimized, I just disagree with a thing that you said...

As for what we were actually talking about: It doesn't matter that any serious flier flies full realism. More options for the user are always better. I don't really understand how you can seriously argue that because you personally don't use a particular feature, that its a good thing that no one can. That just seems like an incredibly narrow minded opinion.

No601_Swallow
Dec-31-2014, 20:29
What good is it to push F2 and see your plane from front back and have to turn you head in weird angles to get other views.

Ha! This has always been one of my [and do you want to see a full list, m'lud?] pet - ahem - annoyances with CloD - having to act like an ostrich when on externals trying to watch my squadronmates mess up their landings - either that of having to deactivate TIR - and CloD being CloD, for me, getting TIR working again means restarting the whole fri***ing game.

So [Yes, BoS has faults, etc, etc, yawn...] for me personally (and I honestly mean only for me, not wanting to dictate anything to anyone whose legitimate opinion may differ from mine, etc, etc, etc), it was great when - Shazzam! Externals defaulted to mouseview!

Cool, I thought!

[Pity about the vitriol in this forum, though! Sheesh. I suppose I'll just shuffle back off to the FMB forum where I belong, where we all hug each other and tell each other everything Clodwise will be all right...]

LuseKofte
Jan-01-2015, 08:58
This is the reason I am not around here anymore, I involve in too many pointless discussions, even create them sometimes, not blaming anyone but myself. And if you get a opinion in this site not reflecting the general idea you get framed , burned and pretty much insulted in daily bases. So I am not complaining, I harvest what i seed, I have seen many get treated ehh"not nice" here.
I am just amazed how this little thing evolve .

Let me end my part of this discussion, witch by the way was meant initial just as a side note, by wishing you all a happy new year, I get it, you guys see it as a deal breaker and I see it as a positive thing, good for me and not so good for you

1lokos
Jan-01-2015, 10:36
@ Torian

Here I have mapped for control camera (in BoS), Keypad 8, 2, 4, 6, Mouse X, Y, PovHAT 0, 180, 270, 90 and all work in external view, with TrackIR on (this dont work in external as said above).

@ Swallow

Here I can use mouse - middle button pressed or "Independent mode" turned off with F-10 - on external view in CloD with TrackIR on pause (F9), un-paused TrackIR is able to control camera in external view, what is not practical to turn camera 360 degrees for obvious motive. :D

As curiosity, in internal view (in CLoD) I can use mouse (middle button/F10) simultaneous with TrackIR to control camera.

BTW - If we are in that other forum someone will say: the "feeling of flight is great", so options is superfluous. :)

Sokol1

Hood
Jan-01-2015, 11:48
More options in all aspects are always better. Provided they work and implementing them doesn't screw stuff up or cost too much.

Therein lies the problem. If "it" works, don't fix it or throw money at it. All sims have differences and we just have to adapt.

Hood

No601_Swallow
Jan-01-2015, 17:27
@ Swallow

Here I can use mouse - middle button pressed or "Independent mode" turned off with F-10 - on external view in CloD with TrackIR on pause (F9), un-paused TrackIR is able to control camera in external view, what is not practical to turn camera 360 degrees for obvious motive. :D

Thanks Sokol. But for me (and only for me, I'm sure!) TrackIR gets angry with CloD! If I turn it off or pause it, very often, I have to quit CloD and restart it to get CloD to detect Track IR again! It's always done this, and I've always just accepted it as an "Act Of CloD" (tm). This is why I often get a neck ache when looking at externals!

BTW - If we are in that other forum someone will say: the "feeling of flight is great", so options is superfluous. :)

Sokol1

Hee hee! :D

TheVino3
Jan-02-2015, 12:38
More options in all aspects are always better. Provided they work and implementing them doesn't screw stuff up or cost too much.

Therein lies the problem. If "it" works, don't fix it or throw money at it. All sims have differences and we just have to adapt.

Hood

Implementing optional trackIR in external mode would not be hard at all for a development studio. It wouldn't screw anything up or cost anything extra if they did it right.

I mean, its not really an issue. You can just assign some buttons and, as you say, adapt to it. Having the option would be better, though.

Skoshi_Tiger
Jan-03-2015, 01:32
But for me (and only for me, I'm sure!) TrackIR gets angry with CloD! If I turn it off or pause it, very often, I have to quit CloD and restart it to get CloD to detect Track IR again! It's always done this, and I've always just accepted it as an "Act Of CloD" (tm).

Hee hee! :D

Really unusual, I'm running CoD using a TrackIR3 with up to date software and have never had this issue.
wonder what it could be?????