PDA

View Full Version : How to backup game files before a PC format...

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-28-2014, 07:11
Just had a PM on backing up game files before a PC format and I don't clearly know the answer and is also something I've heard a lot being asked around the forums so here it is...I am sorry if this has been asked before...:

If I was going to format my PC....then...

1) What files do I need to save for key bindings and where are they?

2) What other files are best kept?

3) Can the whole game be backed up on an external drive and then put back on the PC?....or is it best to download the game from scratch then re-install the TF patches?

Thanks in advance for your input...

1lokos
Dec-28-2014, 08:01
The *.INI files in Documents\1C soft... (Or if use STEAM Cloud, dot the synchronize before format)

And if use custom missions, SP campaign (1), skins, the other files in this folder.

(1) Campaign files are stored in game folder... of Dover\parts\bob\mission\

Artist
Dec-28-2014, 10:18
I'd propose to save the whole "Documents\1C softclub" folder and to delete/empty the cache folders in the copy. This would catch both the vanilla and TF config, additional data like the dashboard pics, self made missions, beltings from Gix' Loadout tool, or....

Concerning the key/axes assignments: The order and therefore the internal joystick-assignments may be different after a reinstall of Windows, so (for the advanced user) saving the current assignments with the "Save As..." button in "Controls", then search/replace the "joystick#" entries in the saved file, and finally load it back into the new installation might save some work...

BENTYx
Dec-29-2014, 07:48
Hello guys,

That's me who PM Lewis.

I formated my PC and saved the whole IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover (from steamapps) and also the TF's patches + my the ini files "Conf, Confs and confUser"

When I reinstalled CLOD is pasted the old IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover instead of the new and also paste my ini files (only in the steamapps).

I launched the game and went on ATAG's server, everything was fine, I had all my binds, my interface was the same as before.

I quit the game and play several time during the day until the problem begin...

I lost part of my binds (just a few) and the same thing for my interface. I'd say that half of my interface was gone...

I tried everything, re paste my files, delete TF patches and reinstalled them. I delete the game and reinstalled it but nothing worked...

I noticed Cloud was "on" on steam. So I turned it off and delete the actual "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" in steam and pasted the backup one, pasted also my 3 ini files into 1C SoftClub IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover MOD but it didn't work.

I just realized that into 1C SoftClub I have 2 files :
-il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
-il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

I'm out of ideas :D

Any help?

Thanks