PDA

View Full Version : After a Week

Ginge
Dec-29-2014, 12:17
I am enjoying the single player scenarios in CloD and once I gird my loins and get over 'Mike Fright' I intend to play online but I do have a question, to which the answer is probably, no. Is there a 'cold and dark' situation available for the single player game or is this privelege only available online?

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-29-2014, 12:37
Is there a 'cold and dark' situation available

Not sure if i understood your question. Do you mean a winter and night scenario? If so there is one, in the quickmission, just scroll down to find it.

Ginge
Dec-29-2014, 12:48
Not sure if i understood your question. Do you mean a winter and night scenario? If so there is one, in the quickmission, just scroll down to find it.
'Cold and Dark' is the aircraft awaiting power up and engine start. All of my other sims are based around this scenario and I'd like to be able to set up the aircraft controls and start the engine inside a hangar. I've looked everywhere for the option but it doesn't seem to be available. Am I wrong?

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-29-2014, 12:57
In TF campaign there are some situations as you required then. Ive flown it.

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-29-2014, 14:22
Ginge......I suggest getting online asap....Its better to learn there and you can't do any damage as a new player in the server.....I try to get folks to go online as soon as they can because if that is where you intend to fly unlimately then there is no point in flying single player....We have players here who fly single player exclusively and that is fine but if you want to get into the online action in the server at some point then don't let anything hold you back now...I and my wingmen flew about half an hour offline before we jumped in and have no regrets....As a new online player you can use TeamSpeak although it is not compulsory but it will help you learn faster....As far as I know all the maps in rotation have bases far enough from the action to get in an aircraft and get some big alt before you go hunting....The ATAG server also is mission based so its similar to single player with the added interest of real virtual pilots too....

Also you will learn evasive manoeuvres that you can't in single player....I learned some defensive moves out of pure desperation in those first few weeks online that stuck with me even now...Remember, many RAF pilots in R/L only had a few hours on their aircraft before they risked their lives, some had not even fired their guns before..

Don't fuss about...GET ONLINE!!...

Hehe..

Although remember its about the fun...so ultimately do as you like....its only a suggestion....Good Luck....~S~

bolox
Dec-29-2014, 15:04
it is perfectly possible to have 'cold and dark' starts for CoD= you just have to do it in fmb by ticking the 'spawn parked' tickbox in the properties. This will leave the planes parked on the airfield with engine off @?(assuming there is a takeoff waypoint as first waypoint:D).
Getting plane to appear in a hangar is a little more involved.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4tmnso74u43p7cm/t-off.rar
will put you in a Spit in a hangar at Kenley.

Hope this helps

1lokos
Dec-29-2014, 16:08
Fast way to get "gold and dark" (it was default in release, but "people being people" start complain (bananas'drama) that they "don't have time to start and warm-up engines" and was removed in subsequent patch).

Go to the folder:

...Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\quick\

Open the file 005 - Cross-Country.mis in Notepad and ad this line:

SetOnPark 1

Under section:

[BoB_RAF_B_105Sqn.21]

Save and will be able to do "cold and dark" start with any plane of the game. Default is Blenheim click on plane picture to select another.

If you dont find the above file in Documents\1c... folder, copy then for this folder from:

...Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\Quick (or if you have installed the game outside STEAM folder from this new place).

Copy all files started with 005 - Cross...

Donathin
Dec-30-2014, 11:42
To practice takeoff and landing I created a mission from scratch in FMB using Wilmington airfield. Checking "spawn parked" my Spitfire 1A spawns "dark and cold" in hangar.

klu.peete
Jan-02-2015, 06:41
Warmed up planes are a luxury. .. technicians warming up youre plane.. mmm. Nice thought.. but me109 has to be started with 2 man an the wing.. i dont think that they like the idear of starting every 15 minutes. . :-)