PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good f86 server

ATAG_Endless
Dec-30-2014, 20:29
Hey guys is there a good f86 server all I see that is populated is the Phoenix and Dow servers

darkside3/4
Dec-30-2014, 20:55
The Korean War Server by the 7th AF is okay, just unpopulated.

The Air Guard has a dogfight server for a quick fight.

Naked Squirrel has had some servers up under Anon occasionally.

There is a Spanish group who has a passworded server for the F86 frequently and populated.

Invisibull has servers up occasionally for F86 specifics.

Group getting off its feet for the F86 and Korea Era DCS stuff.
http://theairguard.enjin.com/

ATAG_Endless
Jan-01-2015, 05:12
Thanks for the link tried The Air Guard server with nakedsquirrel's mig alley man those migs are hard to shoot managed to down one then fight for my life with one on my six ended up bailing out over the mountains good fun though

darkside3/4
Jan-01-2015, 19:38
Thanks for the link tried The Air Guard server with nakedsquirrel's mig alley man those migs are hard to shoot managed to down one then fight for my life with one on my six ended up bailing out over the mountains good fun though

That mission is updated Endless with low ceilings and snow making for a very interesting a/g sortie. I've also added ponies, doras, and sabres to the Soviet side until we get the 15 and a Yak. Should be challenging and engaging even as the only player on.

ATAG_Endless
Jan-01-2015, 20:39
Sounds great if I could make a small suggestion is it possible to make the mig flights to two or three because every time I go in for one I've got three on my ass

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Jan-02-2015, 00:22
I've been working on the Mig Alley mission again. Been tweaking the patrols, added flak scripts, and a fair sized B52 bomber formation, but I've been too busy over the holidays to test it out.

Hopefully I'll get some time next week to work with it more. I'm working with AWACS/EWS, and I'd like to figure out how to get the B52 formation to respawn, but I'm pretty new to scripting, so it's all trial and error.

How does the mission run on your server Darkside?

I'm still not sure what the 'limit' is for AI in DCS per number of players flying. It seems like you can have a lot of AI without much of a lag hit.

darkside3/4
Jan-02-2015, 02:00
Pretty smooth, I've added some AI since your version 2 with no hits at least for North American based players. The lua script blows my mind though so it will take considerable time before I learn it.

darkside3/4
Jan-02-2015, 11:46
Sounds great if I could make a small suggestion is it possible to make the mig flights to two or three because every time I go in for one I've got three on my ass

Mig Flights reduced to 2 ships versus 4 ship