PDA

View Full Version : Where are the trees?

nclapton
Jan-01-2015, 13:57
Hi
I've been using Il2 for many years, just got back into it using TF (amazing mod!) I enjoy using the FMB and need to put some trees on an airfield but for some reason I cant find them in the object list.
Please can someone help?

Many thanks
Nick

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-01-2015, 14:41
Hmmmmm.... I honestly don't think I've seen that as an object to place. Your best bet would be in the static objects but again, I'm not sure thats an option. I could be entirely wrong here though.

If you don't get a better answer by tonight I'll look when I fire FMB myself and let you know.

1lokos
Jan-01-2015, 14:42
I think that CloD FMB trees became Ents (http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/1e/bf/5c/1ebf5c229d2cdc0ebd306e29c1d3ab24.jpg) an go for New Zealand work in movies... :)

No601_Swallow
Jan-01-2015, 17:12
That's a good question. I'm not sure (can't check coz I'm away on holiday), but I think the trees are just baked in on the map, like rivers, etc. Don't forget, they're purely cosmetic anyway (no hit box) at the moment.

But with any luck in TF 5 the FMB (and its object viewer) may get some TF fairy dust and maybe some of the "interesting" features (or lack of, etc) in the FMB and map-populating may get looked at! Hoping... ! :thumbsup:

nclapton
Jan-01-2015, 18:23
Thanks for the reply guy's
Seems strange you cant put a single tree down I just need a few for show, but you can put the houses of parliament on the map!!
If anyone finds them please let me know but I'm sure I've looked everywhere :grrr:

Nick

1lokos
Jan-01-2015, 18:50
I did a look in FMB and don't find trees.

Probable as they pay a good money for these (ghost) Speedtree trees don't think in made some...

Unfortunately they buy the wrong trees. The ones used in Battleground Europe if fine, hes leaves don't move
- so dont cause that annoying effect when far-sighted, and despite one can fly through this branches,
can not do this in trunks. :devilish:

No601_Swallow
Jan-03-2015, 20:37
Thanks for the reply guy's
Seems strange you cant put a single tree down I just need a few for show, but you can put the houses of parliament on the map!!
If anyone finds them please let me know but I'm sure I've looked everywhere :grrr:

Nick

Yep. Welcome to CloD, as they say.

Here's my favourite CloDism: there's a beautiful Senate House (it was actually the tallest building in London at the time, is mentioned in "The Day of the Triffids", is arguably the model for Orwell's Ministry of Truth, but is not by any stretch of the imagination a skyscraper), but Senate House is a fairly obscure London building, unless you're a student at one of the older London universities. Astonishingly, though, there is no St Paul's Cathedral. Go figure, as our American cousins would say!