PDA

View Full Version : Random Dashpic and Launcher Mod

Lupus
Jan-01-2015, 16:13
I know, they are beautiful, but do you ever get tired of looking at the same girl all the time when your flying back and forth across the English channel?

I've built a mod using Markie's WWII Beauties images (with permission) that will randomly change your dashpic prior to launching IL-2 CloD. This is done through a .cmd file so it does not change it between individual missions but rather only between each instance you launch the .cmd. This file can be modified (I have done so on my system) to first change your dashpic, then launch TrackIR (for those that have it), then launch Steam, and finally launch IL-2 CloD. In order get all this functionality you'll need to edit the .cmd file in your favorite text editor (notepad works well).

Here is the Readme.txt that is included:

This mod will randomly change your Dash Pictures each time you start IL-2 CloD. They will not change between missions.

=============================

Credits:

Special thanks to Yzöwl from MSFN.org for helping me write the code that randomly selects which dashpic to use.

Markie for his nice collection of WWII Beauties which I used in this mod.

Lupus (myself) for writing the final version of the .cmd file you find in this mod.

==============================

Intallation:

Unzip into your 1c SoftClub folder.

Run dashpic.cmd (found inside the dashpic folder)

Adding Custom Pictures:

You can add your own pictures to the template folder and change nothing else and it will add those to the rotation automatically. Just add them to the templae folder; they must be .tga files.

Settings (optional):

The .cmd file can also launch TrackIR, Steam, and Finally IL-2 CloD.

To have the dashpic.cmd launch these various options directly, you'll need to change this:

Rem Start IL-2 Directly
Rem cd <the directory where the .exe file is for that program>
Rem Start Launcher.exe

to

Rem Start IL-2 CloD Directly
cd <the directory where the .exe file is for that program>
Start Launcher.exe

If you have any other programs you want this to start simply add the following lines to the end of the batch file but before "exit" and before it launches IL-2.

Rem <the name of the program you want to start>
cd <the directory where the .exe file is for that program>
start <the .exe file that starts that program>

Rem Allows the program to launch before continuing, for some things this matters, like launching steam before IL-2 CloD or launching TrackIR
Timeout 5 1>Nul

If you don't know any of this information you can find out by right clicking on the shortcut on your desktop and selecting properties.

Once installed and ready, run dahspic.cmd to change your dashpic.

IF any of your programs are asking permission to make changes (Like TrackIR5 did to me. You can add and exception to the UAC for that program by using the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit which can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7352

and follow the directions from this tutorial here:

http://meridian.ws/wordpress/?p=306

You can find the mod here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E2E467AD89CBD535!49204&authkey=!AObyXh3fiQ5IvqU&ithint=file%2czip

Enjoy and please let me know if you have any questions.