PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Spitfire Instruction Offered

Baffin
Jan-03-2015, 12:12
Dear New Players,

As you may be aware, CLoD is highly personal with new players seeking realistic, historical, or just plain fun Battle of Britain simulation. Teachers all have their personal method of approaching the game. I instruct from the "Realistic" point of view. Controls and instrument interpretation is treated the same as a real world student pilot is taught, as opposed to the "Video Gamer" method which you may in fact prefer. No digital feedbacks such as throttle percentage are used, just visual position and instrument responses like you see in the actual airplane. :hpyflying:

I have prepared a structured syllabus for one-on-one Spitfire training that I conduct free of charge. It takes about 3-4 days of 2 hour lessons to qualify you in a Spitfire, but it does require an hour or so of preparatory "Homework" on Spitfire IA (100 Octane) to familiarize yourself with systems, basic operating specifications and the simplified preflight, inflight and landing checklists. The objective is to get you thinking like a pilot, using the Spitfire as the classroom. Once you master the Spit, transferring to a different airplane becomes a simple matter of study and practice on your own. :lecture:

You need a Flight controller with Rudder, ailerons, elevator, and throttle. :joystick:

If you have a little experience at simulator or actual flying, the course is very realistic. As a Radio Control flyer, I can assure you that your RC aerodynamics knowledge and experience will transfer to flying the CLoD Spitfire. If you are totally inexperienced, you will have to put more into it but that applies to everything worth doing. If you start the course and find you don't like this realistic method, you can quit anytime and nobody will ever know except you and me. :dazed:

Tuition is non-refundable. (Because there is none.)

Reading: OP2GvSAPINST_3710.1B.pdf (Spitfire Section) - Available free online at: http://www.2gvsap.org/flea/OP2GvSAPINST_3710.1B.pdf

:salute:

Mr_Deth
Jan-04-2015, 10:45
Wow... amazing detail! :dthumb: