PDA

View Full Version : Guns convergence

BENTYx
Jan-04-2015, 19:19
Hello

I'm still a newbie in CLOD. I was wondering what was the best settings to the guns convergence for Spitfire and 109 ? I'm asking because I'm having troubles to aim and hit targets. Yes I'm probably still "bad" at flying and firing but it would be certainly easier with the guns properly set. And what kind of ammo chose ?

I saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riJXEF7kerE how can I play this kind of mission to exerce my firing ?
I use to launch a quick mission (1v1) but the AI is fighting back!

And finally, after having seen this video, I noticed the perfect stability of the 109. Even when I trimmed my plane, it always moves ! So is he correcting with the stick or is it me ?

Thank you for your help :)

ATAG_Dave
Jan-04-2015, 19:30
Hello

I'm still a newbie in CLOD. I was wondering what was the best settings to the guns convergence for Spitfire and 109 ? I'm asking because I'm having troubles to aim and hit targets. Yes I'm probably still "bad" at flying and firing but it would be certainly easier with the guns properly set. And what kind of ammo chose ?

I saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riJXEF7kerE how can I play this kind of mission to exerce my firing ?

And finally, after having seen this video, I noticed the perfect stability of the 109. Even when I trimmed my plane, it always moves ! So is he correcting with the stick or is it me ?

Covergences are a personal choice thing and everyone has their own preference so there isnt a right way to do it as such- but as a starting point in a spitfire you might try 200yds vertical and horizontal (to get this you have to set it to 183 metres in the game and then set your gunsight to 200yds when you are in the cockpit). You have to set the convergences up for each of the 8 guns. Also then set your gunsight to 32ft which is the wing span of a 109. In case you are not familiar with the gunsight what this means is that the gap between the two horizontal bars on the gunsight will equate to what a 109 looks like (assuming you can find one who is happy to fly nice and straight and level in front of you of course lol) when it is 200 yards in front of your spitfire (ie its wing tips will fill the gap between the horizontal bars).

No clue on the 109 Im afraid....

Hope that helps :salute:

Mr_Deth
Jan-04-2015, 19:37
Hello

This thread covers it pretty well...

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6253

I have my 109 E4 setup like this: MG = 800H/400V | Cannon = 200H/400V

BENTYx
Jan-04-2015, 19:49
Thanks guys I have plenty of lecture waiting :D

So in the spit I have to set the gunsight also! I didn't know. I presume we have to do the same in the 109 ?

When the gunsight is set to fit the 109 can it be saved or something ?

ATAG_Flare
Jan-04-2015, 19:57
No, you have to reset it every time. It can be changed with Ctrl- and the numpad arrow keys, up and down for range and sideways for wingspan.

Flare

ATAG_Lewis
Jan-04-2015, 21:02
Hi Bentyx....

I just uploaded the gun convergence I have been using over the past 18 months or so....I try different convergences from time to time and always go back to these.....It is only for Spits and Hurris....(All the others will be default)....There are no tracers apart from the residue to show you when you are coming to the end of your ammo...The Hors and Vert convergence is set to 183mtrs which is 200 yrds....The ammo belts are 50% DeWilde and 50% Armour piercing...

The Armour piercing is obviously good for piercing your enemies body work and the DeWilde is very good at setting them on fire...Also the DeWildes make sparks when they hit so you know when you are hitting the target...

Here is the file..

https://www.mediafire.com/?46m4k4mxjga2hzf

If you want to try it then download it and extract it from the zip file......Once you have it keep it somewhere safe and only use copies of it so that you can use it again and again in the future....You will need to change the name of it to 'user' as I have called it 'user - Converg - 183yrds - Armour 50% - Dewilde 50%'

You now need to put it here..

Documents \ 1C SoftClub \ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

Rename the original file 'user' to something like 'user - DEFAULT' and then save it with the other file...

Now open your game and you should have all the my convergences...

The fact you have no tracers may take a little getting used to...but you will be surprised how many aircraft that haven't seen you still fly straight and level until you actually hit them...whereas with tracers they would have taken evasive action the moment they saw them...It just means you stand a better chance of hitting them because they don'y move unless they get hit...

Remember that you need to get close and to try the settings for a few sessions as you may not get use to them straight away....

Also they don't work on quick mission and single player...I think its just for the online server....I'm not sure why or if that can be altered...

Let me know if this was usefull or not?

...lew...

Here are settings in action and will give you some idea of how close you need to get if you want them to work correctly...When you get it right they can be very effective...

Get well Soon Bro...~S~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW0cYJ8ZtAY

BENTYx
Jan-05-2015, 05:53
Thanks Lew I'll try it today :)

How can I set a mission like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaM5jFf5omo#t=55 ?

By the way Lew, nice shooting, nice flames :D

GERMANWOLF
Jan-05-2015, 06:06
i use 200/200 for all arms

klu.peete
Jan-05-2015, 06:17
I hate myself when i geth jumped by a spit.. that means i was flying low end slow in my 109... dumb to do over england... :-)

Otyg
Jan-05-2015, 07:19
in the 109 i use MG 900/180 and wings 125/180. and in the spit i use 200/180 on all except 4 and 5 there i have 350/180.

good luck!

BENTYx
Jan-05-2015, 07:42
Thanks for sharing guys !

Woow Lew it's so hard without tracers :D
You have my respect

Otyg
Jan-05-2015, 07:49
Thanks for sharing guys !

Woow Lew it's so hard without tracers :D
You have my respect

I dont use tracers either. When you been playing for a while you know where the metal end up and you get about 1 second more on target with no tracers alerting the pray.

BENTYx
Jan-05-2015, 08:07
I dont use tracers either. When you been playing for a while you know where the metal end up and you get about 1 second more on target with no tracers alerting the pray.

I don't have enough experience yet :D

Anyway, how can I train offline with new convergences and ammunition settings ? Is there a mission to download where there is a plane flying straight ?

ATAG_Lewis
Jan-05-2015, 09:21
By the way Lew, nice shooting, nice flames :D

Just bear in mind that that vid is a 'Best of' video....They don't all go like that....But just to show you distances and angles....You have to force yourself to not use the tracers...and tracers still don't show you exactly where you are shooting as we don't have binocular vision ingame so we still don't have depth perception in CLOD..I don't think the benefits from tracers ingame are as much as they probably would be in real life..

ATAG_Dave
Jan-05-2015, 10:49
I don't have enough experience yet :D

Anyway, how can I train offline with new convergences and ammunition settings ? Is there a mission to download where there is a plane flying straight ?

I think for offline missions the loadout is predefined so you cant change it, but the convergences can bet set to your new ones for practice :salute: