PDA

View Full Version : The Longest Fight

Little_D
Apr-27-2012, 10:47
Hi gents,

here is my first Cliffs of Dover video from a great fight about my surviving against a Spitfire MK II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ma5wz8K2Te8?rel=0

Sorry if the video is to dark, but ingame it is not so dark and i dont know why.
i cant get it 16:9 format like the other videos on this side. i record the fight first as an ingametrak and than
record it again with fraps and edit it with windows moviemaker.
Is there a way to get the XP windows moviemaker back and runing under win 7? The old one has better tools.

regards

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-27-2012, 17:51
Great movie Little_D, I learned a lot from watching your evasive flying techniques!

Compared to your flying I have been doing the deer in the headlights routine without even knowing it. It was nice to see that IIa stall into the drink! :salute:

Doc
Apr-27-2012, 21:22
Little_D that is impressive man. That was a great video. :thumbsup:

Little_D
Apr-29-2012, 13:28
Hi Keller, Hi Doc,

thanks for your nice words.

Keller glad to hear, that this movie helps you a little bit and you get new ideas to survive longer against a MK II or other red planes.

I hope i get some other nice fights so i can make part II and III :bgsmile:

See you in the air

regards

Little_D

ChiefRedCloud
Apr-29-2012, 21:21
Nice ... did you render in 1080? I very much a novice video editor so I can't say ...

Doc
Apr-29-2012, 22:01
Little_D do you have a full version of Fraps? I mean purchased Fraps.

Little_D
Apr-30-2012, 06:46
Hi ChiefRedCloud,

no it is 720p by 1280x720. i think i need a better program than windows moviemaker, to make better movies :Grin:.

Hi Doc,

yes it is full version and yes it is purchased, why you ask?

regards

Little_D

Doc
Apr-30-2012, 08:07
Is the original footage that was created by Fraps in 16X9 format? I would like to offer to remake that for you in 16X9. Was that from a track?

Little_D
Apr-30-2012, 08:29
Hi Doc,

the movie is record with fraps from an ingametrack, then i make the movie with windows 7 moviemaker and set it there to 16:9 but it dont work. the othe think i had to do was brighting it up with windows movimaker, so you can see something. in game it looks normal but after record with fraps it goes dark. this problems i only have with CoD.

Look at this old Il-2 movie from me, did it the same way. 1. ingametrack, then fraps, than windows movimaker. only difference this movie was made with windows moviemaker from win XP:

http://youtu.be/KkM_NZa0ax8

My ingame resolution is 1280 x 1024 4:3, old flatscreen :Grin:.

regards

Little_D

Doc
Apr-30-2012, 08:34
4:3 is likely the reason the final product comes out that way. If you change to 16:9 to replay the track then FRAPS it when doing so it should fix it. I would be willing to test if you upload the track on my end for you.

Doc

Little_D
Apr-30-2012, 08:40
Hi Doc,

thx for your offer i will check and if its not working, i come back to your offer.

do you know wy it is so dark? i mean it was a late time map, fight was at 6:00 p.m. and it start to go dark but you can still see every thing, but not when i record it with fraps.

regards

Little_D

Doc
Apr-30-2012, 08:44
I notice sometimes mine are darker than they were originally recorded. But I use Sony Vegas for editing. Has many more features than native movie maker.

Herr-B
Apr-30-2012, 08:53
Some great flying there, on both sides - I can't do half of that in my E3 without spinning, maybe it's time for a change :blush!:

Little_D
Apr-30-2012, 09:12
Hi Doc,

looks like my next trak goes to you to convert to 16:9, when i change my resolution to 1280x720 to get 16:9 it looks so bad that i stay by 4:3 and 1280x1024. I think i need a new monitor with 16:9 and a new movie maker program :bgsmile:.

Hi Herr-B,

thanks, but it has nothing to do with the e3/e4/e1 all the same flightmodels. it cames from the not correct working slats. i can make a hard stallturns at 150 km/h and no fu.. slats come out. even at highpeed you can spin your 109 because of that. When you flying 109 be gentle on the stick.

regards

Little_D

ATAG_Colander
Apr-30-2012, 11:32
When you flying 109 be gentle on the stick.

Indeed, anything but gentle will bleed energy like if you had diving breaks and will get you to stall in a split second.