PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, April 28, 2012 Update from Black Six

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-28-2012, 10:00
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31604

Friday Update, April 28, 2012
Dear friends,

Yes, we know it's ridiculous. No one is more upset at the situation than us, believe me. You have lives outside flight sims. You have jobs, you have homes. For us, Cliffs of Dover is our life. When we can't get it right, it hurts us. When we are in the constant state of "almost ready", when we break promises week after week, it affects us very deeply.

Unfortunately, even though it looked like we had something releasable this morning, by lunchtime we felt we should work on it more. What we almost released would have been a "DX10 alpha". All the FM changes are there, lots of other great things, FPS and stability improvements, etc.

However, the things that are the current "known issues" are:
· No dynamic low-caliber hit decals showing on aircraft;
· Detached aircraft chunks losing their texture and becoming pitch-black;
· Little particle "dust" that comes out of weapon hits looking like untextured squares;
· Gunsights always white in color;
· No waypoint lines rendered in map or FMB;
· Pilot and Plane models not rendering textures in Options - Pilot and Options - Plane respectively;
· DX9 support not ready for public consumption.

We just felt that this was one known issue too many. The decision was very hard to make. Many team members are unhappy with it, especially those responsible for the parts of the patch that are fully tested and working such as the FM.

I believe however that, rather than presenting ourselves as a team that releases half-finished patches with lots of graphic issues, we should work very hard on building the reputation for making things right, the first time, however long it takes.

Well keep providing regular reports.

[FFCW]Urizen
Apr-28-2012, 10:19
friday??? have i gone back in time??? whereґs marty??? :shocked:

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-28-2012, 10:28
Hahaha! Good catch! Clearly I need more caffeine in my coffee! :bgsmile:

Edited accordingly. :Grin:

[FFCW]Urizen
Apr-28-2012, 10:35
had that feeling this morning aswell, after almost installing an old beta patch :blush!: :bgsmile:

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-28-2012, 11:07
No kidding!!! Those posts should've been removed immediately for that very reason. I didn't at first catch the date "2011" of the old post like many others, either. The copycat posts didn't really make it any "funnier". :pouting:

Kids!!!! :bgsmile:

Dutch
Apr-30-2012, 19:28
Do you know, when I first saw this post from B6, I actually thought it was someone 'impersonating' him again.
Admittedly I'd been out on the beers with an old pal when I saw it, and posted something along the lines of 'who the *** stickied this? Either you or they cannot be serious!!!'

Oh my. When I looked the next day, it really was B6/Luthier. :shocked:

I deleted the post. :blush!:

On the other hand..............