PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Getting Full Power

Han Solo
Jan-10-2015, 10:26
I never seem to be able to get full power out of my aircraft, the most I can get in the spitfire mark 2 is about 280mph when I googled its top speed it was about 350ish I think. I have tried complex engine management on and off, and neither seems to make a difference no matter what adjustments I make. Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

SorcererDave
Jan-10-2015, 11:13
I never seem to be able to get full power out of my aircraft, the most I can get in the spitfire mark 2 is about 280mph when I googled its top speed it was about 350ish I think. I have tried complex engine management on and off, and neither seems to make a difference no matter what adjustments I make. Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

Are you flying at the correct altitude and are you using boost cut-out?

Han Solo
Jan-10-2015, 11:38
Are you flying at the correct altitude and are you using boost cut-out?

I have tried boost cut-out both on and off which is best? And what do you mean by correct altitude?

SorcererDave
Jan-10-2015, 12:31
I have tried boost cut-out both on and off which is best? And what do you mean by correct altitude?

You need boost cut-out on, but you also need to make sure your throttle is pushed to 110%. Just pulling the switch doesn't do anything, it simply unlocks the extra 10%. As for altitude, that 350mph figure you found will only be when the aircraft is flying at the altitude at which its engine performs the best. As far as I recall I think the full throttle height for the Spitfire MkII is 15,000 feet.

hnbdgr
Jan-10-2015, 12:35
you'll never get 350mph, that's a value given in TAS, whereas the indicator is in IAS. You can push the 1a 100oct to 310mph with boost cutout and radiators half way down in a level flight above ground. You'll get less at altitude. Also Boost cutout will do nothing above full throttle height.

ATAG_Lewis
Jan-10-2015, 13:08
Welcome to the community and forums Han Solo....~S~

Spitfire pilots use to call it pushing through the gate...The throttle has a red guard at the front blocking its movement...There was a small wire that held the gate in place which could be forced through with force as far as I know...Ingame you have to click 'Boost' and then return your throttle to full..this should register the 110%...

Anyways...

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...

1lokos
Jan-10-2015, 13:55
At sea level is possible go to 310/320 MPH (Spit IIa), with Boost Cut Out:Off (Boost unlimited), ATA @ 11 lbs.

Since your joystick/HOTAS throttle lever is not limited be that red thing (http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/KillratioDH/t6.jpg) like the throttle lever in cockpit, probable you already are at 100% of joystick throttle course, so after set "Boost Cut Out:Off" move the joystick throttle slight back (~95%) an move forward to 100%, this made the end of joystick throttle course became the "110%" (Boost) (1). :whacky:

You know that are in "110%" be watching the boost pressure, but since the instrument is "British" you dont see this information in his scale, is need mouse over it an the digital pop-up window inform 11 lbs. :whacky:

(1) If you fly mostly British planes you can set in Controls >Axis > Deadzones for the joystick throttle reach the 100% power (without Boost) at 90% of his course, so the 100% of joystick course became the 110% (Boost) - if previously set "Boost Cut Out:Off"(2).

(2) That "Boost Cut Out" don't engage the Boost, only remove the limitation for his use, so need be set in Off (On for the game). :whacky:

It's British. :)

hnbdgr
Jan-11-2015, 07:08
At sea level is possible go to 310/320 MPH (Spit IIa), with Boost Cut Out:Off (Boost unlimited), ATA @ 11 lbs.

320 mph ??? Is that so? I was under the impression mkIIa where somewhat slower at sea level and you can only get 310-312 mph in the mk1a 100oct.... The actual RL tests show a maximum measured speed of 314 MPH which is not very far off. My only gripe is with the acceleration to the ingame value once you engage BCO. it's a tad slow.

Baffin
Jan-11-2015, 11:10

350 sounds like a true airspeed number. Remember, you are reading indicated airspeed. Even IAS needs to be corrected for "installation error" Find a good websight for an in-depth explanation of Indicated, Calibrated and True airspeeds. It's a rather complex subject and well worth the study.
:snoopy:

Han Solo
Jan-11-2015, 13:24
First off, thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!

Second after 2 years of owning this game it is now playable as I can get full power out of my spitfire!!! Thanks so much for all the help.

oh, btw I do actually have my pilots licence irl so I do understand what you mean my IAS and stuff.

Again thanks so much guys.

Baffin
Jan-12-2015, 10:17
First off, thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!

Second after 2 years of owning this game it is now playable as I can get full power out of my spitfire!!! Thanks so much for all the help.

oh, btw I do actually have my pilots licence irl so I do understand what you mean my IAS and stuff.

Again thanks so much guys.

Please share your corrective action with us... Maybe we can all benefit.

Han Solo
Jan-12-2015, 16:36
Please share your corrective action with us... Maybe we can all benefit.

If you mean my actual flying, I have my private pilots licence, and have 42 hours in a Cessna 172

If you mean this game, I got it 2 years ago, but didn't play much until now, and am planing on making a movie with it.

Baffin
Jan-13-2015, 11:11
If you mean my actual flying, I have my private pilots licence, and have 42 hours in a Cessna 172

If you mean this game, I got it 2 years ago, but didn't play much until now, and am planing on making a movie with it.

No, I was asking you to tell us what was wrong... what you did in order to restore full power. :joystick:

Han Solo
Jan-13-2015, 18:18
No, I was asking you to tell us what was wrong... what you did in order to restore full power. :joystick:

Ah xD, it was as you all said, the boost cut off.