PDA

View Full Version : Trimming Out and Track IR Settings

PhilipWebb
Jan-10-2015, 14:10
Hi all.
I was just wondering (and crashing a bit) about trim in certain aircraft. I know the bf-109s only have rudder and or elevator. But could someone direct me to a page or tutorial vid on this subject. After viewing several vids on you-tube I could not help be notice how smooth the takeoffs were, not to mention the way the aircraft and pilot viewing were. IE the pilot JG4_Karaya and some of the other good pilots that have posted vids to you-tube, I know this was after hours of flight and practice but I am sure there are some small tweaks that I could do. Thank you for any input...

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-10-2015, 14:29
For landing Heiden made a good youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiWOv_QXp-o

As for trackIr there is Kushviper thread, where he has post his trackir settings and i have post mine also

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9342

1lokos
Jan-10-2015, 16:18
...trim in certain aircraft. I know the bf-109s only have rudder and or elevator

Bf 109 has only stabilizer incidence adjust trim, not rudder trim (is fixed for cruise speed).

3./JG51_Heiden
Jan-11-2015, 11:51
Hello,

As Lolsav showed, I do have some tutorial videos for takeoff and landing in the 109. As a general rule when taking off in the 109, I suggest using full power with WEP with manual 12 oclock pitch. For elevator trim, 5 or 6 "clicks" of nose-up trim are all that is required. When I say click, one individual press of the trim button, whichever you have assigned. For me, I use the mouse scroll wheel on the X52 throttle. 6 clicks of the wheel gives me a good amount of takeoff trim. Slowly rotate the aircraft at 180 km/h and it should unstick, or takeoff by 200 without any problem.

For trimming for landing, watch the above video. That trim is done by feel, and I demonstrate how to do it.

I also have a very decent Track IR profile that has gotten some good responses, you can get it here:

Recommended settings:

SPEED: 0.6
SMOOTH: 47

PhilipWebb
Jan-12-2015, 10:25
Thanks to Lolsav, llokos, and Heiden for the great response and information. I have put the info in my notes. The video is a great teaching tool for the new pilots. Also, thank you the Track IR profiles they helped a great deal I don't have the "head shake and zoom" that was rather confusing in times of stress (like Spitfires on my 6).

Post Script: Sorry about taking a shot at you Lolsav last night, I thought you were a high flying Spitfire (the sun was a lil bright) not until you turned and a saw the wing profile that you were a friendly plus the comms input.

Von Whiskey

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-12-2015, 10:29
Its ok, happens to all of us. Only thing i ask is if a friendlie shoots you at some point, remember you have been in his shoes before ;)