PDA

View Full Version : TS v3.0.6 overlay plugin problem

Dutch
Apr-30-2012, 11:35
Hello Chaps,

For some time now I've been using the TS Overlay plugin rather than TS Notifier in order to see who's talking.

Yesterday I downloaded the new TS v3.0.6 and the game would not start when TS was running.

It turned out to be the overlay plugin preventing game start, however if you start TS without the plugin enabled, start the game, alt/tab out and then enable the plugin, all is fine and dandy once more.

However, it's a bit cumbersome to follow this procedure, so does anyone know of an alternative?

Jimbop gave instructions in post #38 here on how to get the overlay to work, which is better than TS notifier IMO, as fraps works fine with it also;

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?674-Teamspeak-3-Overlay-for-IL2-Cliffs-of-Dover/page2

Any help appreciated! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Deacon
Apr-30-2012, 11:50
~S~ Dutch,

TS Overlay always was a b*%@h for me so I use TS Notifier. It was recently updated for use with the updated TS3.

No TS Overlay = No issues for me.

~Deacon

Dutch
Apr-30-2012, 11:54
Thanks Deac. Yep, I used to use TSnotifier, but couldn't have fraps running at the same time. The TSoverlay is ok with fraps, but something seems to have changed with v3.0.6.

I can still use the overlay, but only after a bit of 'buggering about'! :Grin:

Herr-B
May-02-2012, 08:33
I can't use TS Overlay or Notifier without CTD (haven't tried without FRAPS running though), my only solution I've found is the TS3 Remote app for Android - I just plonk my phone in front of the monitor and see who's talking like that, works a treat.

Roblex
Sep-14-2013, 05:39
If I have Notifier working without any problems, is there any reason to try Overlay?

ATAG_Bliss
Sep-14-2013, 08:10
If I have Notifier working without any problems, is there any reason to try Overlay?

Many people can't get notifier to work, and Overlay does cause crashing as it's not really supported.

But have no fear, the programming gods have come through again. IL2COD will have it's own TS3 overlay built into the game in the next patch. Essentially it will work just like an info window. You set it up all in game as it's now built into the game :)

Pretty damn slick! Here's an example:

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/3176/w1hv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/w1hv.jpg/)

ATAG_Naz
Sep-14-2013, 09:50
Wow, you fellas are unbelievable. Fantastic work!

:salute:

ATAG_Colander
Sep-14-2013, 10:28
Can't keep anything secret as a surprise around here :)

ATAG_Knuckles
Sep-14-2013, 10:37
I gave up with all the notifier/overlay stuff and not use my iPad as a second monitor

Works great

DRock
Sep-18-2013, 20:24
Hi, Dutch.

I spent a lot of time on this issue with both TS Overlay and TS Notifier. Your problem may be with your anti-virus software. Try lowering the security level or try disabling it to test it out.

I got TS Notifier to work, but eventualy picked up a second monitor. I have TeamSpeak up on my desktop picture of the game map.

Cheers,
ATAG_DRock