PDA

View Full Version : Burma Spitfires about to be Stolen from the Finder !!!

MOHAWK
May-01-2012, 12:41
--- http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/01/dogfight-over-buried-wwii-spitfires-in-burma/?intcmp=features ---

MajorBorris
May-01-2012, 14:02
I am rooting for the little guy:Grin:

ChiefRedCloud
May-01-2012, 14:53
I am rooting for the little guy:Grin:

Me too ..... :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
May-01-2012, 15:27
It sucks. Looks like politics, big money, and egos all came into play --and the little guy got shunted aside. I'm sure there's more to the story (because there always is), but there you have it. :blush!:

Doc
May-01-2012, 16:43
Sad story.

But everyone should post a message in this article and mention ATAG. Like the The Air Tactical Assault Group deserves at least one or two of these but of course it will probably be highly restricted like the Spitfire IIa is today.

Fried
May-01-2012, 17:31
Thats bloody disgusting if true, Cameron should concentrate on soughting out the uk and not handing out favours for his buddies :angry:

Dutch
May-02-2012, 09:56
I'm still highly sceptical of the whole thing personally, but I'm not sure of the 'rights of salvage' in circumstances such as these.

Regardless of who digs them up and gets paid for doing the job, the aircraft should still be M.O.D. property IMO, who could then sell them off to the highest bidder, or better still, give them all to the BBMF and/or similar along with a huge restoration budget.

Something as historically important as this shouldn't be an issue of personal gain for any of the individuals involved, although the farmer chap should get a huge fee for research and consultation, and whoever digs them up the same.

Herr-B
May-02-2012, 10:36
If it'd been the other way round our government would've charged a storage fee!

I too am rooting for the guy who's done all the hard work, and is more than willing, and able, to do the upcoming harder work.

That and he's only 20 miles away from me...:go: