PDA

View Full Version : Great time today.

Vermilion
May-02-2012, 03:22
Hey there, great to fly with you guys on the Axis side today, steam name is Vermilion-level, actual name is Kyle. Been playing on the server for about a week now, to be honest, I was in the market for a new simulator and videos on youtube of this server are what swayed me towards Cliffs of Dover. It was definitely a good choice. I have been playing simulators since the days of Aces over Europe and Aces of the Pacific, but havent played much since CFS2 days, which definitely dates me.

I have definitely noticed the game has its quirks, and it definitely has room for improvement, though the formation flying and a few good furballs over the french point today definitely made up for it.

Anyway, Im in San Diego, so im usually on afternoons-evenings pacific time. I recently got out of the Marine Corps and my wife is currently in the navy, so when i am not in class I usually get in a few sorties, and while she is on deployment I hope to be on deployments of my own on the french coast.

My overall skills right now are garbage, If I get in a dogfight, I am probably going to get shot down, but I have been having alot of fun doing it. I only fly Axis, I am sorry, I have loved the warplanes of the Third Reich since I was a child, so im sticking with that. I also speak a moderate amount of german, so I didn't get confused when eastern heading on the compass was an O.

Either way, I hope to get to know you guys better, and see the game get better along with my skills behind the stick. Thanks alot for rekindling my enthusiasm for simulators.

ATAG_Snapper
May-02-2012, 03:57
Hi Kyle, welcome to the ATAG Forum. It's great to hear your online experience with ATAG was a good one. In view of your service to your country, we're honoured to have you with us. Looking forward to meeting up with you in the friendly skies over the Channel!

Snapper

Doc
May-02-2012, 08:04
Hi Verm and welcome to our forums. Nice flying with you last night. Keep coming back and taking part in missions and wing with one of the many vets that come to this server.

Also don't allow your love for only axis planes limit your experience to one side there are great people and fantastic planes on red.

Flying them is absolutely the best way to know how to deal with one.

Doc

Herr-B
May-02-2012, 08:29
My overall skills right now are garbage, If I get in a dogfight, I am probably going to get shot down . . .

Getting shot down would be a step up from my flying last night - I was low over England in a 109 and saw a Tiger Moth, turn towards it and squeezed off a few rounds but it was a far from perfect firing solution so I pulled hard to get round to him again and entered a spin - not ideal at a few hundred (if that) metres. :angry:

I could just imagine Toxic's face flying that crate... :bgsmile:

Got to laugh, or I'd cry. Anyway, good to see another new face around here - if you need me I'll be sat in my burning wreckage in a field W of Lympne.

MajorBorris
May-09-2012, 12:57
Hi Kyle:happy

I used to fly cfs2 all time 51st_G-Man was my call sign before il2:thumbsup:

ChiefRedCloud
May-09-2012, 14:41
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4378/willeywelcome.png