PDA

View Full Version : Weathering issue in all Hurricanes when selecting skins- help please!

Peter Lynn
Jan-15-2015, 01:06
Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place but I do not seem to be able to select the amount of weathering in all Hurricane skins. The selection slider control works fine on the model shown in the selection view, but the skin loads and shows with maximum weathering regardless. Can anyone assist in fixing this?

Cheers

Peter Lynn

KeefyBoy
Mar-02-2015, 07:20
Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place but I do not seem to be able to select the amount of weathering in all Hurricane skins. The selection slider control works fine on the model shown in the selection view, but the skin loads and shows with maximum weathering regardless. Can anyone assist in fixing this?

Cheers

Peter Lynn

Hi Peter
Depending on what version of CLOD you are using,some of the earlier versions came with
many aircraft Hardcoded with Awful over the top weathering that couldnt be changed the
worst of these was the Spitfire but I also think the Hurricane was also effected to a lesser extent.
However subsiquent Team Fushion Mods have addressed this problem especially re: the Spitfire.
I found that whilst on the Full Mission Builder Map once you have inserted the First Aircraft Waypoint you will need to click
on the Waypoint and when it starts flashing Right click mouse and Select PROPERTIES to open the OBJECT box then select Group the number of Aircraft then Aircraft Type[Hurricane] now ALL the individual Aircraft tabs for that Group will show in top Right corner of OBJECTS box now select each Plane and press 3D tab and expand the box [by dragging the R/L bottom corner of OBJECT box]to enlarge the Aircraft image.
Directly under the 3D image is a Weathering Slider,now adjust as required.
I found that this method seems to show up fine in game.
Good Luck and let me know how you get on.
Regards
Keith

Roblex
Mar-02-2015, 12:45
Is this online or offline? I had this exact problem a few weeks ago when I tried out a new hurricane skin that was 'slightly' weathered. It would look fine in the Plane selection screen when I reduced the weathering slider to zero but when I flew, the weathering was extreme. It looked like it had been sandblasted with large sections of almost bare shiny metal. This was offline and I think what solved my problem was finding that the mission config file itself was setting the weathering to very high and that was overidiing what I chose in the Plane loadout screen.