PDA

View Full Version : Dcs: P51

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
May-02-2012, 14:53
There are some videos out of the DCS P51 release that is coming up. I don't know why they're doing the P51 of all planes. I guess so you can fly against helicopters and jets?

Oh well. Despite the (complete) lack of world war two around it. It's still pretty cool looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4g0PmoQxMg&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIL8385ERy0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh3OCN7IP4A&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQE28Y3z240&feature=related

Recoilfx
May-02-2012, 15:56
I am so pumped for this, but I am so busy :-(

I've only logged 20 mins of flight time last week or something... Might come on later tonight to play this...

Doc
May-02-2012, 15:57
:bgsmile:

ATAG_Torian
May-03-2012, 00:58
So DCS A-10C Warthog is like $13.59 now on Steam. Is this P51 a part of that or is
it dlc ?
So can u set up a dogfight match with evry1 in a P51 ?

Recoilfx
May-03-2012, 08:46
Well P51 is actually a part of DCS World (a platform ED/TFC will now develop everything on). Eventually A-10 and Ka-50 will be added so you an dog fight to your hearts content.

Recoilfx
May-03-2012, 08:50
Tried out DCS P-51D last night. i gotta say. WOW

It felt like the first time I launched il-2 sturmovik back in the days. The torque was very hard to control at first and took me several tries before I could land safely. Love the engine sound. It just roars.

Awesome Awesome. Glad that I paid $40 for it. Cliffs of Dover may need to take a back seat, there is a hotter girl in town :)

Doc
May-03-2012, 09:23
677Downloading Beta now. We'll give it a whirl. Maybe screen shots / video. We all shall see.

Doc
May-03-2012, 09:27
Doesn't even sound very good. It sound like something from the future.

ATAG_Knuckles
May-03-2012, 09:28
always seem to be the same planes over and over P-51 109 A-10 F-14

geeze how about a Lysander to fly into small field and pick up agents,

Ju-52 with troops

Armstrong Whitworth Whitley flying the coast looking for submarines

ME-163 w cannons flying through bomber formations

Boulton Paul Defiant (thats flyable)

You get the idea

:hiding:

ATAG_Snapper
May-03-2012, 10:16
@Knucks I think they pick the high profile "glamorous" planes for market value and information available on 'em. I agree with some of the planes you named for the fun aspect and/or the challenge of flying 'em. Unfortunately, these lesser-known aircraft just wouldn't capture the imaginations of the unwashed masses......:runaway:

ATAG_Knuckles
May-03-2012, 10:22
@Knucks I think they pick the high profile "glamorous" planes for market value and information available on 'em. I agree with some of the planes you named for the fun aspect and/or the challenge of flying 'em. Unfortunately, these lesser-known aircraft just wouldn't capture the imaginations of the unwashed masses......:runaway:

Snapper : I certainly do understand. If it was MY business it would always be 51s 109 corsair ect. was just sorta venting, figured it was my turn :trigger:

ATAG_Snapper
May-03-2012, 10:25
Snapper : I certainly do understand. If it was MY business it would always be 51s 109 corsair ect. was just sorta venting, figured it was my turn :trigger:

Hahaha! Fair enough -- you're due! :bgsmile:

Recoilfx
May-03-2012, 10:46

Well one of the good things out of the DCS world is that third party devs can implement new air crafts. There is a Mig-21Bis being modeled and showcased at ED's forum right nows. So maybe the less glamorous planes will get modeled too.

MajorBorris
May-16-2012, 19:50
always seem to be the same planes over and over P-51 109 A-10 F-14

geeze how about a Lysander to fly into small field and pick up agents,

Ju-52 with troops

Armstrong Whitworth Whitley flying the coast looking for submarines

ME-163 w cannons flying through bomber formations

Boulton Paul Defiant (thats flyable)

You get the idea

:hiding:

I have heard rescue missions are planed for CoD, recons shouldnt be that far after.