PDA

View Full Version : DirectX 9 Will be Deprecated - meaning no OR for BoS.

hnbdgr
Jan-22-2015, 12:01
Not me, but some people were counting on this possibility in the future. It looks like it won't be happening.

https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19489

Chivas
Jan-22-2015, 13:52
The OR should still work, but not optimized as much as it would be if the game engine were DX10. I was surprised when the BOS development chose not to upgrade the game engine to DX10, during its development. I know Loft was very keen on developing support for the OR, so I would imagine they will do everything they can if time and monies are available to update their game engine for OR support.

VR/AR is the future of flight sims. DCS World is positioning itself to corner the flight sim Jet/Helo/WW2/Civy market, by working closely with VR developers, adding a VR friendly new EDGE graphic engine, improving the FMB, and tools for third party development.

bongodriver
Jan-23-2015, 19:34
All may not be lost, Nvidia is working on VR direct, which apparently ties in VR support to it's existing 3d vision tech, in theory this means older games that are capable of Nvidia 3d vision will possibly be supported in VR too.....this might even benefit Cliffs.

hnbdgr
Jan-24-2015, 03:32
Well that would be nice. I see myself perhaps investing in one but that would be a long way off yet. Can't justify that much money especially if no games I play would benefit from it yet.