PDA

View Full Version : 777 Jason on how not to act as a business owner (NOT WORK SAFE!!!)

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-23-2015, 16:10
Not much really to say here.. Just "wow"..

http://i.imgur.com/JrHdJW2.png

Ohms
Jan-23-2015, 16:21
Not sure what to say:stunned:

Hoots
Jan-23-2015, 16:22
To be honest, both posts probably deserve to be allowed to disappear.

Chuck_Owl
Jan-23-2015, 16:57
To be honest, both posts probably deserve to be allowed to disappear.

Bongo's post was completely inappropriate. I think it deserved an inappropriate response in return.

bongodriver
Jan-23-2015, 17:19
There was nothing wrong with my post if it was taken in context. it was not an accusation, his response was NOT appropriate.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-23-2015, 17:24
Bongo's post was completely inappropriate. I think it deserved an inappropriate response in return.

The return post was far more inappropriate. The entire thread was talking about all the promises being delayed or not kept. Bongo throws that one out there going right along with the delays etc. Nowhere did the BoS devs mention that someone was terminally ill in their update thread. They said a team member was out because he was sick. 99/100 people would think the guy had the flu etc., if you were to say the same thing.

The explosion in return was totally uncalled for and acts as if Bongo or anyone else for that matter knew the extent of that team member's health. We only know as much as been told. I highly doubt anyone would have made any sort of suggestion had we actually been told the extent of the illness.

LuseKofte
Jan-23-2015, 17:27
There was nothing wrong with my post if it was taken in context. it was not an accusation, his response was NOT appropriate.

You sure have talent to make people misunderstand you, but Jason is professional and you are not. So I hope you are proud of yourself, but it was a mean trick.
Jason well he really fucked up again, no matter how good reason he might have

ChiefRedCloud
Jan-23-2015, 17:32
Where was this post from? What forums?

Chief

bongodriver
Jan-23-2015, 17:33
You sure have talent to make people misunderstand you, but Jason is professional and you are not. So I hope you are proud of yourself, but it was a mean trick.
Jason well he really fucked up again, no matter how good reason he might have

Not by design, but somehow my command of my native tongue does do that. I stand by my sentiment that I genuinely would hate to find out that somebody could use such things as an excuse, Jasons latest behaviour simply leaves me feeling even more cynical, that was a very deliberate post and included some stuff that had nothing to do with the circumstance.

I should ask....Jason is a professional what? what am I not a professional at? I don't consider Jasons tirade particularly professional.

Bucksnort
Jan-23-2015, 17:51
Where was this post from? What forums?

Chief

SimHQ. Jason has since deleted it.

bongodriver
Jan-23-2015, 17:54
SimHQ. Jason has since deleted it.

it was moderated, Jason didn't delete it.

ATAG_Endless
Jan-23-2015, 18:19
MS is a truly horrid disease but I'd agree the response was way out of form

LuseKofte
Jan-23-2015, 19:06
Not by design, but somehow my command of my native tongue does do that. I stand by my sentiment that I genuinely would hate to find out that somebody could use such things as an excuse, Jasons latest behaviour simply leaves me feeling even more cynical, that was a very deliberate post and included some stuff that had nothing to do with the circumstance.

I should ask....Jason is a professional what? what am I not a professional at? I don't consider Jasons tirade particularly professional.

It is kind of his line of work, he should behave better, I see absolutely no reason for defending any part of that discussion.

I really cannot say too much in favor for anyone on the dark side, you see I get too many dislikes ;) And I do not know if that leads to some sort of a punnishment

Mastiff
Jan-23-2015, 19:25
? what ever back to flying.

AA_Engadin
Jan-23-2015, 19:51

You simply got this time what you are, consciously or unconsciously, looking for more often than you would never believe. Congrats!.

AA_Engadin

vranac
Jan-23-2015, 19:57
I haven't seen Bongo's post but this one is really... strange. I know Bongo was bragging a lot but that was in a very intelligent manner.
For the example I could never do that because the English is not my native language but his arguments were always short and sharp and correct.

I just don't get it how one professional manager can go berserk like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9lClnOiCjA

DZG8J9
Jan-23-2015, 20:08

Your comment about sums up the individual I'm afraid. :( The fact you see nothing wrong with your comment after the fiasco still defending yourself beggars belief.

bongodriver
Jan-23-2015, 20:24
It beggars belief I need to be defending myself, but I'm not surprised that people are jumping on that bandwagon.

knightgames
Jan-24-2015, 00:02
I think 1C/777 has been vague enough to, if not outright lie, then to at least be misleading on some issues in BoS. There has also been instances of poor customer relations. They have been well documented here and elsewhere. That said I think as customers it is poor form to make light or accuse the developers of lying about the health of an individual. Considering the original release date (Dec) of the ME and the elapsed time, I personally thought the mention of the sick team member was something more serious than a common cold or flu. No, I didn't think MS, but I did consider cancer or a heart attack. To me, that's just not something you use as an excuse or lie about.

Many of the negative comments regarding BoS have been warranted and accurate. While Jason's response was over the top I do understand his anger. I'm willing to cut some slack regarding this tirade.

Bucksnort
Jan-24-2015, 00:04
While Jason's response was over the top I do understand his anger. I'm willing to cut some slack regarding this tirade.

For both Bongo and Jason. Bongo had no idea of the circumstances and wouldn't have made the post had he known.

Continu0
Jan-24-2015, 03:01
Given the fact that someone has MS, I really can understand Jason freaking out. He is as human as we are all, and illnesses like MS are psychologically hard to handle. Imagine someone making a joke (or something similiar) about JT these days, without knowing what happened... Guess that some reactions would be comparable.

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 04:05
My post was not a joke and it was not aimed at the team member in question, Mr Williams was way out of line.
bucksnort is right, had I known for a fact that the team member had MS then I wouldn't have made the post, simple as that.

Hoots
Jan-24-2015, 04:07
Probably why it should have stayed in your head bongo.

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 04:28
Probably why it should have stayed in your head bongo.

maybe, but if I hadn't got used to the idea of underhanded tactics from 777 the thought wouldn't have been there in the first place.

Continu0
Jan-24-2015, 05:25
My post was not a joke and it was not aimed at the team member in question, Mr Williams was way out of line.
bucksnort is right, had I known for a fact that the team member had MS then I wouldn't have made the post, simple as that.

I know your comment was not a joke. I just tried to draw a comparison. Stil, in the acutal context (that you obviously could not know), it was also you that as way out of line. I don`t know how you handle that, but If I hurt someone because I don`t know something, I apologize. Because I understand why that person fells hurt and I didn`t want that...

When it comes to people having MS or dying, etc. It`s time to take a step away from "tit for that" or "I was right, you were wrong". And because of that I also see absolutely no point of handing around jasons post just to show that he was out of line, etc.

That man has a friend, who is severely ill. Does nobody see that he might be desperate, helpless, whatever? If you can`t step back from your dispute/argument at this point, I really don`t know how to help you...

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 05:32
it would be easier to step away from if I didn't get the feeling that I was being demonised, probably part of Jasons intent.

if we all wan't to leave it at that then I'm fine with it, I don't need help doing it.

Continu0
Jan-24-2015, 05:49
it would be easier to step away from if I didn't get the feeling that I was being demonised, probably part of Jasons intent.

if we all wan't to leave it at that then I'm fine with it, I don't need help doing it.

By demonising you, I would be doing exactly the opposite of what I wish would happen here: stopping the "thit for that".
And yes, I for myself would like to leave it at that.

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 06:46
I know your comment was not a joke. I just tried to draw a comparison. Stil, in the acutal context (that you obviously could not know), it was also you that as way out of line. I don`t know how you handle that, but If I hurt someone because I don`t know something, I apologize. Because I understand why that person fells hurt and I didn`t want that...

When it comes to people having MS or dying, etc. It`s time to take a step away from "tit for that" or "I was right, you were wrong". And because of that I also see absolutely no point of handing around jasons post just to show that he was out of line, etc.

That man has a friend, who is severely ill. Does nobody see that he might be desperate, helpless, whatever? If you can`t step back from your dispute/argument at this point, I really don`t know how to help you...

By demonising you, I would be doing exactly the opposite of what I wish would happen here: stopping the "thit for that".
And yes, I for myself would like to leave it at that.

Sounds like demonising to me, and I'm not the one handing around Jasons post, as far as I'm concerned I don't really like having such a colourful personal attack being emblazoned on the internet, I think Mr Williams has done more than enough to compensate for my perceived error.

LuseKofte
Jan-24-2015, 06:57
Well I read the whole deal, followed the tread from start to end, I am not English native, so this Jason reply at Bongo´s post came to me as a surprise. I did not read Bongo´s post the way Jason obviously did. I have been disagreeing with Bongo quite a bit. So it is not like I am not motivated :)

But seriously, I believed Bliss statement toward BOS was purely on the sim itself, and this post of his, well at best it belongs at the off topic section. It got nothing to do with the sim itself. I am not sure it should be remembered at all.
I see more old friends from ATAG server at Syndicate server in BOS than in ATAG at the moment, it serves no purpose working political against it.
The huge difference between these two sims , their short comings make them co exist perfectly. Bos can never perform online for squads and big battles between them as it does in COD, A good old bomber mission with historical feel to it can only be done in cod. BOS is fun fast food. It is something else.
A little break.

Black034
Jan-24-2015, 07:00
I don't think Bongo should have made an assumption like that but Jasons reaction is straight up unprofessional and childish.

BoS forum = drama-o-rama

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 07:13
I don't know why people keep saying I made an assumption, I did no such thing and I certainly did not make an accusation.

LuseKofte
Jan-24-2015, 08:07
No BOS Forum is actually very calm, you need to look at SimHq for the fun these days

Black034
Jan-24-2015, 08:18
I don't know why people keep saying I made an assumption, I did no such thing and I certainly did not make an accusation.

If folks edited their posts to replace the word "assumption" with "comment" the point would still stand.
No offense but you need a tinfoil hat and an Alex Jones subscription to go along with that comment you made.

~

The bickering over at BoS discussions comes from two sides though, the unsatisfied community vs the over-stressed PR guys.. not a good combo.
Game development isn't what it used to be, same goes for the simming-branch I guess.

Guess Jason will be the first person in the world to have a burn-out due to online discussions :)

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 08:25
If folks edited their posts to replace the word "assumption" with "comment" the point would still stand.
No offense but you need a tinfoil hat and an Alex Jones subscription to go along with that comment you made.

~

The bickering over at BoS discussions comes from two sides though, the unsatisfied community vs the over-stressed PR guys.. not a good combo.
Game development isn't what it used to be, same goes for the simming-branch I guess.

Guess Jason will be the first person in the world to have a burn-out due to online discussions :)

No, no tin foil hat required, simply the experience of having seen first hand their conduct, in the middle of hearing about paid shills, a request to the community to inflate positive reviews on review sites, general contempt toward the customer base in public forum...etc etc etc, plenty of people have had no trouble seeing my post for what it was.

oneeyeddog
Jan-24-2015, 08:36
My sister has MS so I can understand Jasons angry,frustrated post. I also imagine Bongo would not have commented as he did had he known all the facts. I do believe however that this ugly exchange should have never been dredged up and posted here and it really says nothing about one mans business practices or anothers character.

Hood
Jan-24-2015, 13:37
Ahhhhh when folks say something inappropriate and get the response it justifies.

Anyway this thread is a great contribution to this forum.

Hood

Hood
Jan-24-2015, 13:41
...a request to the community to inflate positive reviews on review sites, general contempt toward the customer base in public forum...etc etc etc

This old chestnut. But the CLOD positive reviews movement is of course fine.

General contempt is a hard thing to justify. 80 something updates and activity on the forums from community managers or whatever. So their vision doesn't match others, but general contempt?

Hood

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 13:44
Lusekofte, make up your mind, one minute you are happy to say that my post was taken out of context and Jasons reaction was overboard and then you +1 cretins like Hood.

Hood, you can replace the word Bongo in Jasons post with Hood to get the idea of a response your post deserves.

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 13:45
This old chestnut. But the CLOD positive reviews movement is of course fine.

Hood

You got a link to evidence of that happening? I haven't seen it.

Hood
Jan-24-2015, 13:58
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6443

Haven't heard the word cretin for a while. What's next I wonder?

Hood

Edited as I had the wrong thread.

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 14:05
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4913

Hood

What's next, that's up to you and whatever other garbage you decide to spew.

I don't see evidence in that link to anything like described, a community drive to promote awareness of Clods existence is nothing like a threat from a corporate entity to withdraw it's product unless review sites are inflated with exaggerated positive reviews.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-24-2015, 14:05
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4913

Hood

You've really got to be kidding me? People reviewed the game on release.. Obviously the game is nowhere near the disaster it was on it's release right now. Noone asked anyone to skew their score, just give an accurate description of the "CURRENT" game.

Hood - Serious question: Why are you so hateful? Are you hated in RL as much as in the sim world? Because every single one of your posts here is attacking someone or something. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. You're not going to come on this forum, post on this forum, and them make fun of it all at the same time. You can be the biggest jackass you want elsewhere. Do it again, and you're gone.

LuseKofte
Jan-24-2015, 14:41
Lusekofte, make up your mind, one minute you are happy to say that my post was taken out of context and Jasons reaction was overboard and then you +1 cretins like Hood.

Hood, you can replace the word Bongo in Jasons post with Hood to get the idea of a response your post deserves.

You are of course right, after reading Jason post I got another view on your post. I will say in view of people with close ones suffering from MS , and probably got experience from other situation. I understand he got pissed off.
From my perspective not having so , I did not see that coming. And did not react on your post at all.

I do however have a daughter with Down Syndrome, and your skin gets pretty hard after a while seeing the contempt from so many everywhere. I guess after a while you reach a breaking point . And I think you found Jason´s .
But in a totally independent environment , I would not react on your post, I have to admit

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 14:53
Wow....just wow, the bandwagon is picking up speed, now my post is interpreted as a conscious and direct insensitive insult to every MS sufferer on the planet....and I kicked a few puppies for good measure, absolutely in no way could anyone consider a range of illnesses from the vague use of 'serious illness'.

read my post again, now if I had used the word love instead of hate then I'd hate myself too, but I didn't, I simply made a cynical statement based on past experience and in no way insinuated it was fact, Jasons response was not the only logical way to handle it, it could quite easily have been done in an adult manner, dare I say even privately.

Ojisan_Mjoelner
Jan-24-2015, 16:44
maybe, but if I hadn't got used to the idea of underhanded tactics from 777 the thought wouldn't have been there in the first place.

Respekt !

LuseKofte
Jan-24-2015, 17:13
Next thing you tell me is probably about the illuminati.

It is a game, just that. I myself have bought many I do not use. I got all WW2 DCS modules I do not have time to use. And frankly I don't like many of them.
I spendt 4 times that much on crap.
I can see why you do not like the game, but the whining from you and many other for spending a few bucks is just getting very old. It is not important,

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 17:33
is that some sort of script 777 have handed out to you guys? talk about getting old.

Injerin
Jan-24-2015, 18:49
I just laughed!

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 18:54

Vlerkies
Jan-24-2015, 19:00
Step away from the EDITED Jason.

Continu0
Jan-24-2015, 19:04
I feel like a moderator is needed here...

Injerin
Jan-24-2015, 19:06
Nah, no moderators, We are just happy Bongo got his refund, and it was funny.

Injerin
Jan-24-2015, 19:08
? what ever back to flying.

I love this post!

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 19:10
Nah, no moderators, We are just happy Bongo got his refund, and it was funny.

A few months late and in the wrong thread but thanks....I think.

Whatever.

Injerin
Jan-24-2015, 19:15
Well...

This might chear u up.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81127495/

bongodriver
Jan-24-2015, 19:21
it didn't....it just reminded me of the main BOS forum.

Injerin
Jan-24-2015, 20:02
it didn't....it just reminded me of the main BOS forum.

lol

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-24-2015, 20:28
I know I should've closed this thread just BEFORE the flying poop......:doh:

Thanks to all for contributing. :salute:

:)