PDA

View Full Version : Blenny training

Avronut
Jan-26-2015, 16:03
Hi all,

I'm looking for someone to guide me through the mysteries of flying the blenny and bombing. I've only ever flown a blenny once but I couldn't work out how to drop my bombs. I've been flying red fighters for a while but would like to add another string to my bow.

Cheers,

Mike

1lokos
Jan-26-2015, 16:12
Controls to set:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8556&highlight=blenheim+guide

Level bombing

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9629&highlight=blenheim+guide

ATAG_((dB))
Jan-27-2015, 02:04
I can give you a hand with that if you are free in the next 2 days we can meet on TS. Afternoon would be the best for me since I am at GMT+3.

Just PM me if your free

SlowerBanterSir
Jan-27-2015, 11:50
I'm no expert, having only flown Blennies a short time myself, but I've got the basics down and can happily run through it a bit when I'm on TS.

When it comes to dropping bombs, you just have to have a key mapped for "drop bomb" and keys to cycle through the bomb modes. There are two modes: "salvo," which drops the whole load at once, and "single," which drops one bomb with each press of the drop button.

You don't have to arm the bombs or open the doors in advance; one press and they're gone.

Early on, I had a simple issue with the bombs -- I wasn't loading them, and didn't realize it. On your loadout options under "bombs," you pick your weight options (either 250 or 500) and select fuse time (I do 11 seconds, but others use different fuses for different jobs). Then, on the same loadout screen where you select fuel load, there's a drop-down bar where you choose either 4x250-pounders or 2x500-pounders. *That's* the part I was missing, and it left my plane without bombs early on.

One way to make sure you have bombs installed properly: When you spawn, jump into the bombardier's seat and look at the row of switches slightly to the left. They should be up if the bombs are loaded, as I understand it.

I got a lot of help from Spiritus_Mortem and RedHawk, among others, so if you see either of them on TS, ask if they have some time to run through the basics. If not, I can tell you what little I know.

Avronut
Jan-28-2015, 10:45
Great links with lots of useful info!

Thanks DB. The last couple of days have been pretty hectic but I'll look out for you on TS or PM you.

Thanks for the explanation SlowBanterSir, I think that might have been where I was going wrong. I'll try it next time and look out for you on TS.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Jan-28-2015, 11:20
Blenny is easy to fly and amazingly accurate bomber from altitude. Read Chuck Owl's bombing guide and you'll be good to go. Also after you have the proper controls mapped be sure to Save As "Blenny" so that you can instantly load that profile when needed.

ATAG_((dB))
Jan-28-2015, 12:53
I am sorry Avro I will be off CloD for one month unfortunatly, Depending of your learning style, like Ziegler says Chuck tutorial is great and complete. If your are more of a hand on learning guy, get on TS there is a bunch of ATAG guys who are very good teacher. Blennie are a blast to fly.

Good luck and see you in a month

Avronut
Jan-29-2015, 18:04
No problem DB. I've now had a tutorial and I'm familiar with the basics.

See you in the skies.

3./JG51_Heiden
Jan-30-2015, 00:59
We definitely need more Blenny pilots!!!

Decay
Jan-30-2015, 01:04
Blue love us for being such docile targets.

3./JG51_Heiden
Jan-31-2015, 22:59
Blue love us for being such docile targets.

Exactly. I'd say more than half my kills are Blennies. They are large, slow moving and mostly defenseless targets and I LOVE killing them! The more the merrier!

ATAG_((dB))
Feb-01-2015, 00:44
Did someone says Wellington?:devilish:

3./JG51_Heiden
Feb-03-2015, 11:48
Did someone says Wellington?:devilish:

I'm really dreading the Wellington. That thing has guns poking out all over. It's going to be a lot harder to shoot those down without getting hurt in the process.

ATAG_((dB))
Feb-03-2015, 12:34
And a proper bomb load :thumbsup:

SlowerBanterSir
Feb-04-2015, 13:01
And a proper bomb load

That thought struck me the other day, actually, as I turned around from yet another Blenny run that did minimal damage to an airfield.

On several maps it takes three bombloads to put down a German airfield -- so when the Wimpy is available (with 4.5 times the capacity), will we be able to destroy them in one? Or will the mapmakers just make the German airfields more resilient, as they are in some maps already?

I certainly wouldn't mind putting an airfield out of action in one trip, with a few hundred pounds of bombs left over. :devilish:

ATAG_((dB))
Feb-06-2015, 01:13
I ear you . We have less then 25% of the bomb load of the 111, even less then the Stuka :grrr:

ATAG_ProArmis
Feb-06-2015, 03:25
...... I'll try it next time and look out for you on TS.

Just saw your thread.....If you don t find DB you can give me also a PING...if present!

PS: Many of the Blue lost their own plane too when attacking my Blenny..:nnbb:

Best
Pro