PDA

View Full Version : How is the Patch for you ?

jaydee
May-05-2012, 19:49
Hi guys,for me Its been a step backwards ! Gauges are blurred,Spit throttle is over sensitive at bottom end ,it seems the overall graphics quality has gotten worse..Ive never had a CTD offline but now ive had 6 in flying 2.5 hours with new patch ! For me ,I cant see any positives yet ! Not sure about the FMs but it feels like the Spit 1a is a little faster !..Whats your experiences ?

Dutch
May-05-2012, 19:52
Crap.

Couldn't even test the new RAF FMs because of the ridiculous throttle problem.

Just crap.

ATAG_Deacon
May-05-2012, 20:17
Hi guys,for me Its been a step backwards ! Gauges are blurred,Spit throttle is over sensitive at bottom end ,it seems the overall graphics quality has gotten worse..Ive never had a CTD offline but now ive had 6 in flying 2.5 hours with new patch ! For me ,I cant see any positives yet ! Not sure about the FMs but it feels like the Spit 1a is a little faster !..Whats your experiences ?

I'll let ya' know once the launcher crash every 20 minutes is fixed. I've deleted my cache, I've done a complete un-install/re-install.

Hell, I get worse frames on the Black Death Track with the new patch...

I may follow workky to Server 2 until this gets worked out... :blush!::angry:

Catseye
May-05-2012, 22:04
It certainly is a step backward for quite a few reasons mainly graphic related, fps related and crash related.

FYI.
I did a speed test offline.

With the Spit 1a and II I flew level at 10,000 and achieved 240 mph no boost cut-out.

With the Hurri at the same altitude - 225 mph.

Uther
May-06-2012, 17:34
Crap, can't fly more than a few minutes online without a CTD now, didn't hardly have the problem before the patch.
Offline no CTD's...

ATAG_Septic
May-10-2012, 07:13
I posted this over at 1c;

Hi,

I can identify no pattern to the Launcher crashes I am experiencing. I assume 'CTD' is short-hand for Launcher crash?

I have a decent system and frame rates are not an issue. I run the game with everything on very high/maximum settings and I turn off filtering and increase quality. I have always had SSAO on, 8xAA and have used injected FXAA before the beta Nvidia drivers included the option.

I have experienced Launcher crashes both on and off-line. I've had around eight hours of playing the game with no Launcher crash and I've had crashes within minutes. Last night several (seven or more) of us flew in close proximity together for an hour or so without problems then three of us jumped into one JU88 as we were shot down and all had a Launcher crash, coinciding with the third person to join. I wish we had the time and energy to try and recreate this crash but there are so many variables and it was late.

I hope the SSAO setting does improve the situation for some as it could point the developers towards one of the causes but it does not prevent Launcher crashes in my case.

Cheers,

Septic.

ATAG_Knuckles
May-10-2012, 09:10
Both with and without work for me. As I tend to favor the Blenheim, I like to the FM, my issue at this point is :::: I like team work, flying with others, and the sides are sort of split, there aren't as many on either side, so its getting kind of "Bleak" for me ???

ATAG_Septic
May-10-2012, 11:28
Both with and without work for me. As I tend to favor the Blenheim, I like to the FM, my issue at this point is :::: I like team work, flying with others, and the sides are sort of split, there aren't as many on either side, so its getting kind of "Bleak" for me ???

I fly Red and Blue, bombers and fighters. I tend to choose red more (notwithstanding balance of players) in the daytime and blue more in my evenings/nights when more ATAG chaps log on across the pond. I'll make an effort to be on Red when I see you on there old bean.

Cheers,

Septic.

ChiefRedCloud
May-10-2012, 12:36
I'm too scared to try it ..... :blush!: