View Full Version : Bring back the old patch

MK.Mr.X
May-06-2012, 07:02
Hello!
I beg you, remove the misunderstanding, which is called a beta patch.:sad!:
Please!Please!Please!

ATAG_Snapper
May-06-2012, 08:05
Hi, what problems are you having? I'm not thrilled with the beta patch myself, but mainly because of the slower RAF planes.

When you shoot me down, I want it to be because you're a better shooter and a better flier than me. :Grin:

ATAG_Torian
May-06-2012, 08:37
Whats the problem MrX, your "optimizations" not working so well ? You may have to find another server.
I say we keep the patch now :go:

Doc
May-06-2012, 09:09
You misunderstand. Its not a beta. Its before beta. They call it alpha.

MK.Mr.X
May-06-2012, 09:11
1. Picture is cloudy
2. Constantly throws of the game .. there were no such problems
How to fly, if you eject from the game permanently?

If the server is not transferred to the old patch, then I leave Il2
I have no choice.:sad!:
-----------------------------------------
Snapper replies:

Keller makes a suggestion to those having crash-to-desktops in the new beta/alpha patch:

1) Do a Steam Verify of your current game to return it back to a verified 1.5950 version
2) Delete the Cache folder in Documents/1C Softclub/IL2 Sturmovik
3) Copy and paste the new beta/alpha Parts folder into the core C:/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/IL2 Sturmovik folder and overwrite the old Parts folder.

When you run the game the new version should take effect and eliminate the computer crashes.

ATAG_Torian
May-06-2012, 20:27

Need a hand packing ?

Catseye
May-06-2012, 20:34
[QUOTE=MK.Mr.X;12224]1. Picture is cloudy
2. Constantly throws of the game .. there were no such problems
How to fly, if you eject from the game permanently?

-----------------------------------------

Left me hold the door open for you so it doesn't hit you in the butt.

MK.Mr.X
May-07-2012, 02:59
Out in the "Red Orchestra 2".And in the May 25, at "Iron Front: Liberation 1944"
Launcher will not soon be corrected...
before the meeting...

ATAG_Bliss
May-07-2012, 03:05
Cmon gents - behave :)

Mr.X has been very friendly every time I've seen him on the server, is a great team player, and obviously a good pilot. English is not his native language. There's no need for the disrespect.

Mr.X - I feel that more than likely we will have to revert back to the original considering all the people out there with problems. But I still want to test a few more things before hand. Just give it a little time.

jaydee
May-07-2012, 05:23
Ive spent my day "OFF" reading the forums,trying this,trying that,re-install all to no avail ! This patch (for me) is total heap of crap !...Just to be safe,I deleted my "parts" folder and verified my files and now (after a big download (twice today)) ive got my COD running great again wit clear instruments and no freezes or CTDs. I totally agree with MrK MrX on this one !.....I just hope (again) that they dont integrate this patch into "Steam" before the issues in "This Patch" are fixed ! Going on their track record, Im starting to become cynical....How could they not have forseen these issues..Did they test this Alpha Patch themselves ?......or are the all sitting around drinkin Vodka and laughing at the responses in the "The" forum !...Im startin to wonder !

XE9O
May-07-2012, 07:15
~S~ I would like to thank everyone that is giving suggestion to help with the Launcher Crash, I have tried many. But I still get a Launcher every 20 Min. I will be rolling Back the Patch.

XE90:thumbsup:

*Helo*
May-07-2012, 08:36
~S~ I would like to thank everyone that is giving suggestion to help with the Launcher Crash, I have tried many. But I still get a Launcher every 20 Min. I will be rolling Back the Patch.

You lucky man! I get launcher crashes every 10-15 minutes and I tried everything described i nthe forums here so solve it without any success.

ATAG_Deacon
May-07-2012, 09:36

~S~ XE,

Before you roll back, see this thread:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1541-Take-the-time-to-help-1C&p=12280#post12280

Please take a few flights, follow the instructions, and report your log.txt/crash logs. It will help 1C fix things in the long run!

I've already done this and will roll back tonight. I figure I can still fly Server 2 :hpyclp:

~Deacon

ATAG_Deacon
May-07-2012, 12:35
Cmon gents - behave :)

Mr.X has been very friendly every time I've seen him on the server, is a great team player, and obviously a good pilot. English is not his native language. There's no need for the disrespect.

Mr.X - I feel that more than likely we will have to revert back to the original considering all the people out there with problems. But I still want to test a few more things before hand. Just give it a little time.

~S~ Bliss,

Please post when the server reverts/will revert so we're all prepared.

Thank you in advance,

~Deacon

Doc
May-07-2012, 12:48
I really hope we all stick with it and enable log=1 and send in the results.

This is kind of like trying to work on a customers car while they are driving it.

You got to meet the developer half way on this in order to get it done and over with.

Enable log=1 and roll with it. Lets get these bugs logged and uploaded / sent so they can release followup updates quicker.

I am sure this is what will be happening so if you don't speak up your issue might be a one of a kind!

P.S. Lots of bugs in the previous one. We were just use to it. Some people got better others worse. Net result is 0 so lets all consider what the product was originally. Beta and work to make it better.

Doc

MajorBorris
May-07-2012, 13:20
Go back? I can finally formate with other Ju88s for the first time:hpyclp:

Ohms
May-07-2012, 13:26
Doc makes a very good point,so if you leave server 2 as pre patch and server 1 post would that work for everyone?Not sure if that is possible?

Ohmie

ATAG_Colander
May-07-2012, 13:44
Ohmie,

Sadly, server 2 is slower and have less bandwidth than server 1.

I just wish there was a way to collect the dumps and logs from the server.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
May-07-2012, 14:24
How about the performance of server 1? Yesterday it was nearly unplayable with all of the warping that was going on. Is that related to player count, patch, or custom skins being enabled server side?

ATAG_Colander
May-07-2012, 14:30
I noticed the warps too but I think it was related to the amount of people in the server as latter, when there where around 30 people, the lag disappeared.

Also, while the huge lag was going on, I noticed that 85% of the players had a ping above 150 (while I had my usual 50 ping) so that helps too.

Uther
May-07-2012, 17:12
I'm getting a launcher crash every 10 minutes on the server in a 109, with nobody else in sight, but I can last 30-40 minutes in a 110, in formation with Dorniers!
Its not a patch for playing CoD, its a patch for testing CoD, people need to realise that.
Spamming the email address with crash files and logs, lets hope they can fix it quickly...

ATAG_Bliss
May-07-2012, 19:31
Ohmie,

Sadly, server 2 is slower and have less bandwidth than server 1.

I just wish there was a way to collect the dumps and logs from the server.

Server 2 is slower (only a 3 core) but the bandwidth is identical (10gbps / both ways) If the stats program is disabled Server 2 should easily be able to handle the 99/99 players.

I noticed the warps too but I think it was related to the amount of people in the server as latter, when there where around 30 people, the lag disappeared.

Also, while the huge lag was going on, I noticed that 85% of the players had a ping above 150 (while I had my usual 50 ping) so that helps too.

They have some serious net code problems. I've adjusted the netspeed from 1000 to 100000000000 and anything in between and it doesn't seem to make any sort of difference.

Picture this: 40 players on the server and it's streaming around 8-9mbps (upload bandwidth) which sounds reasonable to me (normal) Get 80-90+ players and the bandwidth drops to 2.5-3mbps (upload). It's as if there's some setting / a choke point in the games net code that doesn't allow it to stream any more bandwidth. If the bandwidth numbers went up exponentially like it should from 40 players on up, I bet the server would be as lag free as it is with 20 people on there with 100 players on it.

But without any sort of server settings, especially when the ones you do have don't seem to do anything, we are at the mercy of the devs getting it fixed. Server 1 could run 5-10 instances of the game all full of players without breaking a sweat. Sadly we can only wait.

Edit: Here's a real time snap shot of the server bandwidth. The graph is in real time going by the hour. The snap shot (in/out numbers at the bottom are to the second), so with 25 players (this snapshop taken 30 seconds ago) this is the bandwidth currently streaming. I'm going to assume the mission before had close to 40-50 players as it was streaming 8-10mbps upload. So just imagine how awful it must be when 90+ players hop on and the server streams 2.5mbps lol - warp and lag city!!!

Green = server upload bandwidth in mbps
Blue = server download bandwidth in mbps

This snapshot was taken with 25 players connected.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4219/bandwidth1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/bandwidth1.jpg/)

One last edit: Found a screenshot of the prior latest official patch (not the current official patch but the one around 10 months ago) and you can see the difference in bandwidth with a full server. Granted, back then you couldn't disable skins (server or client side) so having 100 people on the server with 1 second skin pausing caused some serious lag/warp etc. the entire time the last official patch was out, but at least, as you can see, it was at least bumping up and using some serious data. 20mbps upload with 100 players doesn't sound to far off on the big map IMO.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/400/bandwidthnormal.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/bandwidthnormal.png/)

ATAG_EvangelusE
May-07-2012, 22:06
Doc makes a very good point,so if you leave server 2 as pre patch and server 1 post would that work for everyone?Not sure if that is possible?

Ohmie

I think that is a good idea. The patch needs to be tested on servers for sure and would enable players without CTD problems to assess the FM and other changes.

I have finished testing the patch, sent my crash files and rolled back. Generally, performance is better in both SP and MP but I cannot go beyond 5- 10 minutes on ATAG as the game freezes and then CTD. I noticed a lot of stutters when some players joined the server too.

I tried another server (Repka) running this patch and no CTD on their smaller maps but there are fewer players - still had some freezes non the less.

104th_MoGas
May-08-2012, 01:41
Well, I have to agree with Mr.X, this beta patch made things worse for me too.

:angry:

Peaveywolf
May-08-2012, 10:28
I think that is a good idea. The patch needs to be tested on servers for sure and would enable players without CTD problems to assess the FM and other changes.

I have finished testing the patch, sent my crash files and rolled back. Generally, performance is better in both SP and MP but I cannot go beyond 5- 10 minutes on ATAG as the game freezes and then CTD. I noticed a lot of stutters when some players joined the server too.

I tried another server (Repka) running this patch and no CTD on their smaller maps but there are fewer players - still had some freezes non the less.

I agree also. The more the patch is tested, the quicker it will be completed. If you are only in it for the gameplay, then be my guest and roll back until the full patch is available on Steam. Thing is, those that have it really bad shouldn't be getting angry, but thinking constructively. Helping the devs iron out your problems.

May-08-2012, 10:30
Personally, I don't want things to go back. As has been stated, we need to help out in order for them to fix what is broken or not working as intended. Initially the patch made things much worse for me. Before the patch I would get that launcher error maybe once every week or two if I never exited out, post patch I wasn't able to finish a single sortie before I'd get that lovely launcher error. Did all the tweaks I could find and what seemed to make the difference for me was adjusting my DepthBis from 24 to 64 and the last time I flew I put in 2.5 hours without any launcher error so things have been improving for me. If you gents are able to get server 2 up and running for those that can't deal with or want to deal with the latest Alpha patch I think that would be great! I also just want to say again that you ATAG guys are great in how you're providing a place for many of us to fly on, it';s truly been a great experience and very enjoyable so a heartfelt S! to all of you. :salute::dthumb:

XE9O
May-08-2012, 10:59
~S~ Gents, I think I may have found a Solution for my PC with the new Patch, I have only been able to Fly for 20 minutes with out a Launcher Crash. This Morning I flew for a hour and had to land because of Fuel. Only one Test Was In ATAG server with 15 to 30 Players.

(My System: Win7 Home Premium , EVGA 580 3 gig mem.,I7 920 Overclocked to 3.6, 16 gig memory.Changes to my system outside of game. Turned HYPER THREADING Off, Turned off EVGA PresionX off , running in game FPS system, Rolled back to Nvidia Driver 296.10.)

In Game Video setting
Resoltion 1920x1080 native Anti-aliasing : 8X
Full Screen On Anti-Eplesy : Off
Detail Level : Custom SSAO : Off
Vsync: Off
Model Detail: High Damage Detail: High
Building Detail: Very High Building Amount: High
Land Detail: High Land Shading: High
Forest: High Grass: On
Visual Effects: High Shadows: On
Texture Quality: Original Roads: On

Nvidia Control Panel settings
Anisotropic Filtering: Application Controlled
Antialiasing Gama: Global setting
Antiialiasing Mode: Enhance The Application
Antialiasing Setting: 8X CSAA
Antialiasing Transparency: Off
Cuda Gpu : Global Setting ( All )
Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames : 3
Muli-Display: Single Dispay Performance Mode
Power Management Mode : Global (Adaptive )
Texture Filtering: anisotropic sample off
Texture Filtering Negative Load Bias: Allow
Texture Filtering Quality: Quality
Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization : On
Thread Optimization: Global Auto
Triple Buffering : On
Texture Filtering , Anisotropic Filter : OFF
Vertical Sync: Force Off

Peaveywolf
May-08-2012, 11:29
Need a hand packing ?

I understand this quote also, I also get sick of the people in all games who threaten to leave/quit subscriptions because things ain't going their way. Sorry if I offend anyone by saying this.

Slingn
May-08-2012, 11:29
Hi guys.

I fall in the keep the new patch up since the other server is the old version. Options are good.

My experience has been somewhat mixed. But overall, it's been fairly positive. I have had one launcher crash in about 10 hours or so online., and that includes a lot of formation flying with bombers. I've had some graphical issues, like neon green dust when planes take off, and some other particle issues, but we knew those were there.

On the positive side, my performance is way up and my crossfire is working way better. I know they said they didn't do anything to it, but i can see a big difference. Prior to the patch, i had to disable the CF to get decent fps. Now i've raised my settings, leave the cf on, and I get a solid 60 fps most of the time with vsync on, even in action. I see both my cards active up to about 80% each depending on the situation. prior to the patch, neither card ever went over 50%. That's a major improvement for me. I hated switching it off and on when i play other games. So that, and the new found ability to fly with bombers without regular crashes make it an easy decision for me.

And like said, itis only an ALPHA patch.

Oh, and for reference, my pc is a 950 @ 4 ghz, 6 gig of ram, regular 7200 rpm 1 tb HD, and 2 X 6870's

MajorBorris
May-08-2012, 12:20
Hey XE90,

I have the same gpu but my settings are a bit different,

In Game Video setting
Resoltion 1920x1080 native Anti-aliasing : off
Full Screen On Anti-Eplesy : Off
Detail Level : Custom SSAO : Off
Vsync: off
Model Detail: High Damage Detail: High
Building Detail: Med Amount: Med
Land Detail: Med Land Shading:Med
Forest: Low Grass: Off
Visual Effects:Med Shadows: On
Texture Quality: Original Roads: On

Nvidia Control Panel settings
FXAA:ON
Anisotropic Filtering: Application Controlled
Antialiasing Gama: Global setting
Antiialiasing Mode: application controlled
Antialiasing Setting:application controlled
Antialiasing Transparency: Off
Cuda Gpu : Global Setting ( All )
Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames : 3
Muli-Display: Single Dispay Performance Mode
Power Management Mode : Global (High Performance)
Texture Filtering: anisotropic sample off
Texture Filtering Negative Load Bias: Clamp
Texture Filtering Quality: High Quality
Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization : On
Thread Optimization: Global Auto
Triple Buffering : On
Texture Filtering , Anisotropic Filter : OFF
Vertical Sync:On

I read there still working on grass and trees so they are lowered but what I am trying to achieve is 60 fps w/v-sync while parked (engine off)at tramcourt(a high load on gpu) in a Ju88 and panning my head(tir5) left and right as smooth as possible, if the buildings are jumping when I pan I dont like it. This will simulate the load on my system like being engaged or near the terain.

I also have the nvidia beta drivers so I can use FXAA which seems alot better for performance than regular AA.

Granted I fly the 88 so your milage may very but I bet the smoothness gained will far outreach the extra detail on a building or tree density lost.

If you see the screen tearing(vsync off) when you pan just hit ctrl esc and then alt tab back in.

Also I can over clock my 580 3gb to 847 with 1.63volts np.

Let me know if you experience is improved;)

XE9O
May-08-2012, 20:16
~S~ Borris ,

I turned on Vert. Sync in Nvidia Control panel and back to 20 min. Launcher crash. Will try other setting you have and the Bata video driver.

XE

MajorBorris
May-09-2012, 10:11
~S~ Borris ,

I turned on Vert. Sync in Nvidia Control panel and back to 20 min. Launcher crash. Will try other setting you have and the Bata video driver.

XE
Screen Tearing is not my favorite, I hope your tweaking works;)

wowsers
May-09-2012, 13:05
71st helped me set everything up yesterday, so far everything is working pretty well. Played for about an hour today and no crashes. I hope it continues :Grin: